Ladies sick of having short hair..!

msa

:lol: You crack me up! Every other post, you got to apologize for something.

Stop apologizing for being yourself.

LOL. I seriously am so oblivious, this one really took me by surprise.

I just need to stay in off topic.

msMicaela

You braids!!!!
i remember when i got my hair cornrowed for one solid year, i thought i was doing my hair a favour.

NOPE!!! the people braiding my hair were harsh on the combing of it, etc, and the braids too small.... my hair stayed at neck length for a full year and a half.

your hair might be sensitive to braids...
you might want to wear your hair in bigger plaits that just hang down,
and maybe try half wigging it, or something creative...

i gave my hair a break from braids after that by keeping my hair in a bun, and wearing a phony pony,

and now, i'm finding much success with wigs, my hair's grown to midback.

much success and growth!
(and stop with those scalp clogging oils.. moisturize your *hair* not your scalp)

IM GLAD You mentionedx...that is the first thing i thought of when i saw the picture...the braids are too small... it puts more pressure on the strands then larger braids or plaits do....and your actually indirectly manipulating your hair, with the braids tugging at your scalp. Also, your hair looks a little on the fine side, so the tugging and pulling of your hair probably does more damage then good.

As the other ladies have said... i would suggest a looser "protective style" and definately incorporating some more moistuirizing products into your regime... oh and DCing more often!! HTH

Liberianmami26

Yes...It does
But everything has mineral oil in it though:( but my hair doesnt mind it,it doesnt sit on the top of my hair

if you are subscribing to this site its obvious that u pay for stuff on the internet, so with that said i myself decided to go the natural ingredients route and i purchased my pure shea butter and unrefined coconut oil right off of amazon.com i use amazon cuz i dont trust anyone with my credit card number like that and they are a big company so i could sue lol. but u should try looking on line to find more natural products without mineral oil and petrolatum. hope that helps

supermodelsonya

Hey BHM buddy! It may not be the products in your hair. I do not agree with mineral oil being bad for everyone. Many of my favorite products have mineral oil in them and they are STAPLES.

Your hair could be going through a resting phase. When you start to feel antsy about the length, its time to hide it and give yourself a nice length surprise in a few months.

If you're worried about the products that you're using, clairify and reevaluate which products you feel could be hindering your progress.

You'll be fine!

LadyPaniolo

About mineral oil:

It HAS its place in your reggie... though some people choose not to use it at all. It is all in the WAY you use it.

I use mineral oil, and I don't think it's the devil. Here's how I use it: I raise the cuticle of my hair by wetting it using a spray bottle. Then I apply Kenra MC on the length of my hair. I really massage it in until my hair is feeling like butta. Then I seal my hair using grease. Sometimes I use real coconut oil (food grade) but I find that what works best of all is Softee brand Shea Butter. It has some shea butter in it, and some mineral oil. I slather it on the length of my hair taking great care to NEVER let it get on my scalp. I don't want to clog my scalp with the grease, as this can hinder scalp health and hair growth. After I seal, I braid up that section.

My growth has been pretty good. I'm MBL stretched right now, and I cut all my hair off in August 2006. So I think I've found what works for MY hair.

Kayanna will need to experiment to find what works best for her, but I think the ladies on LHCF have valuable advice that can help her on the journey.

:rosebud: