FYI, Shapley's new M-T-G is finally here!

Marcia16

I dont have an issue with the black women on the site, or them creating a new product especially for humans;

My issues are: :tantrum:

~ Using the sterotypical "Shanequia" as a testimony, from some unheard of place in Michigan,---I feel like they didnt even research their target market/audience, they just threw any ol thing up on the website and expect us to buy it... (which some of you are doing...you like it, I :love: it)

~ The soft, suggestive selling that some "posters" use to manipulate us into running :charge: into the stores to buy their product they are gently "pushing" oops... I mean raving about. All you have to do is a :detective:
quick search and see that we have several posters who do nothing but push products. No hair pics, no real testimony (some of the testimonies read like an ad on the side of the box), no posts any where else except to "rave" about this new product that they found...

:endrant:

My post was not intended to push or manipulate any product on anyone. I didn't tell anyone to buy this product. I simply SHARED information about a product that has been raved about for years. I paid my $5.00 just like every other member to share, support, explore new things etc. The majority of people on this forum have raved, suggested, pushed & supported everything from hair dryers to Monistat. FYI, this is the Hair care tips & product review discussion.

Marcia16

sunshinelady

My post was not intended to push or manipulate any product on anyone. I didn't tell anyone to buy this product. I simply SHARED information about a product that has been raved about for years. I paid my $5.00 just like every other member to share, support, explore new things etc. The majority of people on this forum have raved, suggested, pushed & supported everything from hair dryers to Monistat. FYI, this is the Hair care tips & product review discussion.

Marcia16

Describe the scent please.

meaganita

Thank you! That's what I'm saying... I don't get why we need to see white women on an ad to buy it. :confused: I need to get out of this thread. :drunk: I already brought mine. :up:
Thank you! Hello???? WHITE WOMEN DO NOT PUT GREASE IN THEIR HAIR!!! :spinning:

I highly doubt it was droves of white women, blowing them up with calls and emails about using the horsey oil for their hair.:rolleyes:

Why get mad? They were only trying to get our attention after they had been BEGGED to make the product. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

But for those of you that blew "our" cover and asked for it, why get mad at their marketing techniques? Why not appreciate the fact that they actually listened to you and SPENT MONEY on trying to satisfy your requests??? They even went through the trouble of making a new label with a new website, instead of insulting and embarassing us by grouping "our" products with the horsey wash? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have appreciated a picture of a black woman next to a horse's ***!!!:nono:

I swear, sometimes we just be LOOKIN' for stuff to complain about and find reasons to get offended, when clearly these people were just trying to help. Any other time we're mad because no one's listening. Cut these folks some slack! Dam!:drunk:

ETA: A poster from BHM admitted that they used one of HER testimonies on their website. So they're not just pulling these so-called testimonies out of their behinds. JEEZ!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SeatownSista

I was skeptical at first, but now I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be legit. They've provided what many people asked for and I don't see the problem with them targeting it towards just black women. If you Google Shapley's, threads from this site and blackhairmedia.com come up so... :perplexed

I'm curious about this new "human" product so I'm looking forward to the reviews! :grin:

SeatownSista

I highly doubt it was droves of white women, blowing them up with calls and emails about using the horsey oil for their hair.:rolleyes:

Why get mad? They were only trying to get our attention after they had been BEGGED to make the product. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

But for those of you that blew "our" cover and asked for it, why get mad at their marketing techniques? Why not appreciate the fact that they actually listened to you and SPENT MONEY on trying to satisfy your requests??? They even went through the trouble of making a new label with a new website, instead of insulting and embarassing us by grouping "our" products with the horsey wash? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have appreciated a picture of a black woman next to a horse's ***!!!:nono:

I swear, sometimes we just be LOOKIN' for stuff to complain about and find reasons to get offended, when clearly these people were just trying to help. Any other time we're mad because no one's listening. Cut these folks some slack! Dam!:drunk:

ETA: A poster from BHM admitted that they used one of HER testimonies on their website. So they're not just pulling these so-called testimonies out of their behinds. JEEZ!:rolleyes:

ITA!.........:ohwell:

C

CaliJ

Exactly, ITA!! :yep:

KhandiB

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy_C

psh looks fake to me ladies

wheres the shapleys LOGO

where the TM after M-T-G

and why is buy now so prevalent after just a breif descrioption of the product

dont make me have 2 do a tarot on this!! lol

Marcia16

Describe the scent please.

Hi Sunshinelady,

The smell is not overpowering as the Original MTG nor does it have a perfume smell. The ingredients listed on my bottle are mineral oil, sulfur, glycerin, zinc sterate, oil of cade (rectified) & fragrance. I’m not sure as to what type of fragrance was used but to me it sort of smells like a hint of super bubble gum & black licorice.

Marcia16

scorpian

ok..my spidey senses were tingling on this one :drunk: Some of ya'll remember the whole BBD stretch thing where someone else offered the product on their website and misrepresented themselves as the originator of the product and had people straight confused as to which site to get it from :perplexed Field of dreams... if you build it they will come :yep: Anyway I just called and spoke to Cindy..got the # from the original shapley's site 1-800-982-2017

Cindy says that YES it is their site...they decided to make the site seperate hoping that it would simplify things..the product smells better than the original MTG and they put it in an 8oz bottle for easier application :yep:

Ladies that have ordered it let us know how you make out...I'm not ordering anything just yet :nono:...I already have a gang of new products to use up

Amber_moon

Eh, I think ill give it a try, I doubt anything can work better than my BT, but we shall see.

their website IS terrible... but then again so are a lot of other websites for GREAT products.

One of my FAV. clothing stores in the world (this place makes clothes that are out of this world amazing, and the fabrics are AMAZING) thier website is the oldest crustiest broke down site eva.

Last edited:

DeepBluSea

OP: Post a pic of your hair, a pic of the bottle of new and improved horsey juice, and hold a sign with the date and time.:lachen::lachen:

j/k OP

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.:spinning: Only time will tell what's up with the product. I agree the marketing seems largely targeted toward black women, but they haven't crossed the line into being disrespectful yet (Like Dr. Miracle). Anywho, I won't be purchasing because of what I learned about cade oil.

sprungonhairboards

I agree with you 10000%

Poor well intentioned white folk can't win for losing :lachen:

I didn't ask for it but I ain't mad at em. The site just looks bootleg to me. And I'm sure they could have found somebody besides Shenequia's testimony to use. I'm sure there was at least one Lisa or Karen or Debra that wrote in:lachen: I think it's amusing, saddening and steretypical all at the same time that they use that to relate to us.

If you're reading Shapleys, I nor anyone I know has ever known anyone named Shenequia :lachen:

meaganita

I agree with you 10000%

Poor well intentioned white folk can't win for losing :lachen:

I didn't ask for it but I ain't mad at em. The site just looks bootleg to me. And I'm sure they could have found somebody besides Shenequia's testimony to use. I'm sure there was at least one Lisa or Karen or Debra that wrote in:lachen: I think it's amusing, saddening and steretypical all at the same time that they use that to relate to us.

If you're reading Shapleys, I nor anyone I know has ever known anyone named Shenequia :lachen:
There's a member here with that name (won't put her on blast).:look: But I've known some women with names waaay more "ethnic" than that, i.e. Sparkiesha, Ashalaquana, LaQuanisha, Shaetriece, DaShanae(my cousin), Sequana, Oeisha, this list goes on!:grin:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
ok..my spidey senses were tingling on this one :drunk: Some of ya'll remember the whole BBD stretch thing where someone else offered the product on their website and misrepresented themselves as the originator of the product and had people straight confused as to which site to get it from :perplexed Field of dreams... if you build it they will come :yep: Anyway I just called and spoke to Cindy..got the # from the original shapley's site 1-800-982-2017

Cindy says that YES it is their site...they decided to make the site seperate hoping that it would simplify things..the product smells better than the original MTG and they put it in an 8oz bottle for easier application :yep:

Ladies that have ordered it let us know how you make out...I'm not ordering anything just yet :nono:...I already have a gang of new products to use up

Thanks for posting this. This should clear up any thoughts regarding whether or not the site is legitimate. I thought the site looked fine. Looks better than their original one: http://shapleys.com/ It's obvious they are interested in satisfying their customers. We know this site is no secret to them and after members were offended by the name used for the testimonial (with no thought given to the fact they could have been offending the person or someone here with a similar name) they even went so far as to change that . Kudos to shapelys! Not many businesses would have bothered.

I flat ironed my hair 2 days ago and you can tell how bad I've been neglecting it. It's shoulder length. The front is nice and full but the back from the crown back is uneven and much thinner. Part of it is my texture, as it is thinner and finer anyway, but I'd like the back to catch up with the front. I trimmed and dusted up to about a quarter inch, but I really need to trim more. Since I am not wearing my hair straight it doesnt matter if its even, but I know eventually I want to be able to rock a straight style with nice even ends eventually. I've been debating trying a growth aid, but I need more info on the smell. I know it was described but is it likeable? Not strong enough to notice? If you had it in your hair and a sexyfionegorgeousmuskledsinglestraight and interested man came in and leaned close to where he would get a wiff of your hair, would you run or lean closer?? :lol: You folx arent new to LHCF, you know we need details! :)

sprungonhairboards

There's a member here with that name (won't put her on blast).:look: But I've known some women with names waaay more "ethnic" than that, i.e. Sparkiesha, Ashalaquana, LaQuanisha, Shaetriece, DaShanae(my cousin), Sequana, Oeisha, this list goes on!:grin:

Oh I know there's plenty. I've known my share too. But I have never known a Shenequia, but for some reason that always seems to be the first name that pops into people's head (black and white) when they think "ethnic". Like that's every other black persons name.

I'm so mad at you for Sparkeisha.

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

Oh I know there's plenty. I've known my share too. But I have never known a Shenequia, but for some reason that always seems to be the first name that pops into people's head (black and white) when they "ethnic". Like that's every other black persons name.

I'm so mad at you for Sparkeisha.

And Aqualaquana....WTF:lachen: I surely hope noone has this name or Sparkeisha:lachen:

HoneyDew

Hi Sunshinelady,

The smell is not overpowering as the Original MTG nor does it have a perfume smell. The ingredients listed on my bottle are mineral oil, sulfur, glycerin, zinc sterate, oil of cade (rectified) & fragrance. I’m not sure as to what type of fragrance was used but to me it sort of smells like a hint of super bubble gum & black licorice.
Marcia16

That is an interesting description.

ekomba

Why is it that the testimony on the front page is from some woman named: Shaniqeua Lewis :ohwell: but the other testimonies are just initials? :confused: I'm feeling like that website is an insult to my intelligence. :naughty:

I'd rather support Naturallady or make my own sulphur mix. :yep:

Hahahhhahahahhahahah too funny lol u joking right? Shaniquea Lewis haha that's what I call defining your niche target haha. My Gueye's growth oil used to cover the original mtg scent; it was the peppermint its really good to cover it. I already have two big bottles of mtg left that I stashed a while ago. I wonder though how it smell like? Hum

GinaC

Hi, I am new here. Long story short, I have a friend that went to beauty school and my hair is now gone... :whyme: hahaha... we straightened and bleached it and colored it to death, so I finally had to let her cut it off.

I also have a horse, and I've heard MTG is good for growing mane and tail. My horse lost a good chunk of mane to another horse, so I was going to use it on her and try some on my own head! So I started doing research on using MTG on humans.

Anyway, that's how I found this site. I did order the Sulu Shapley's, hopefully it will come soon... my hair is short! Easy to style, but I want it LOOOOONG!!! :cry:

Does anyone have pictures of growth using the Shapley's? How long does it take to see results? Are there any other hair growing products out there that work?
Gina

Crysdon

I'm definitely getting the Max Gro...look at her growth comparison.

"I’d like to thank you all so very much at Shapley’s! M-T-G is a fabulous product and although I was skeptical at first due to its equine marketing and usage, I haven’t looked back since. I have gained more than 1.5” in a month with consistent use of your product. I must admit, the smell was almost a deterrent but with the launch of your new SULU Max Gro you will definitely have my business forever. ... -PS I’ve enclosed a comparison shot (Which you can use), this was me recovering from a bad dye job and chin length Bob haircut. Note the dates on the pictures. You guys are AWESOME!" .......................
- B-M-H".

GinaC

Okay, everybody that ordered the Max Gro, let's get pictures and start keeping track of that growth! Who's with me!?! Mine has shipped, but it's not here yet! I'm going to use it the very day it shows up!

:grin:

Gina