FYI, Shapley's new M-T-G is finally here!

meaganita

Oh I know there's plenty. I've known my share too. But I have never known a Shenequia, but for some reason that always seems to be the first name that pops into people's head (black and white) when they think "ethnic". Like that's every other black persons name.

I'm so mad at you for Sparkeisha.
Gurl, as I was typing it I was hoping she wasn't a member of the board!:lachen: But her mom wanted to name her Sparkle or Keisha, so she decided to go with Sparkeisha....:nono:

**WonderWoman**

Gina C, in response to your earlier question, the best hair growth product for me has been MTG. I saw tremendous, quick growth spruts from MTG but sorry, i dont have pictures. MTG is a speedy hair grower but i stopped using it because of the smell. Other growth products are BT (www.Growthspecifics.com), MN (other ladies can explain better), & making your own Sulfur mix.

A more "natural" way to speed up growth, which I experienced this summer is to drink Protein shakes, work out everyday, & wash. After joining LHCF, I started co-washing instead of washing. I think some hair gurus will agree with me that a clean scalp and the daily blood circulation, in ur scalp, from working out will promote good growth.

HHG!

Last edited:

meaganita

There was a girl named Spontaneouse on Top Model last night. :lachen:
Soon as I heard that name, it reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. He used to date this girl named, "Exquisitive." Yes, that was her REAL name, the one that her mama gave her!:nono: Her last name was something basic too, like "Johnson" or something. He said he checked her driver's license and all...Man, black folks just be making ish up!:lachen:

He said she has really long hair too...so I really hope she's not a member here.:look:

Last edited:

brownsugarbaby

Hello Ladies of LHCF!!!! I am newbie and am so excited to finally be here. I had been lurker for some time now and recently decided to join. I had used MTG for about a week or two and decided to stop because my roommate kept complaining about the smell because she obviously has the most sensitive nose God has ever. I ordered Sulu Max Gro on Tuesday and was thrilled to have recieved it today. I plan on using immediately. The smell has definitely been tamed down but its not completely gone. I will use it later on today just to see if my roommate will be able to smell it. Hopefully she wont cause I need some hair!!!!

Crissi

I agree, hmm sometimes i get the impression on this forum that your damned if you do, and if you don't its like a catch 22. We demand this product, shapleys make it then we act all "oh do they know about this forum?!!!" :rolleyes:. When im sure some members even mentioned the forum in the letters/emails they wrote to shapleys...

Yes the marketing wasn't the best but hey we still asked and they delivered.

I read every single comment and I found it very hilarious! On one note...I do agree that the website does not look professional and at first glance I did feel like they were targeting specifically African American women. But I do recall the craze of MTG and I do recall women reporting back on the boards stating that they spoke to the people and asked them to make some specifically for humans that has a pleasant smell. When I saw the site I thought Oh they finally did it!

Its great that everyone is thinking critically but let's not be too critical. Think about how far we've come. Back in the day AAW had to use products that we strictly made and advertised for WW. Now we got ppl on our side tryna make a product for US giving credit to US and if its true that they made the site...then they've done a beautiful job.

I am happy that they listened and decided to deliver. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Im just saying for the record that I highly doubt it was MTGs effort to be condescending or mock our culture and race. On the contrary I believe that their website promotes black beauty.

I can only imagine how people would feel if they had the same site with just white women's pictures with the same comments "we got the idea from hair websites that said they wanted a better scent" :lachen:

And maybe a few comments from Mary-joe? lololol.

MiWay

I dont know why, but for some reason I look at the site and I'm skeptical :perplexed: It's so, so, basic :ohwell: And like, how do we really know it's made by shapley's? Where's the ingredient list? How did they get it out so fast? I don't know it just seems like it could be anything by anybody. And where the hell did they get the name sulu max grow? :lachen: Imma stick with my stinky original for now. I know for a fact that works, and what's in it.

:yep: Girl, I was thinking the exact same thing!

AtlantaJJ

I dont know why, but for some reason I look at the site and I'm skeptical :perplexed: It's so, so, basic :ohwell: And like, how do we really know it's made by shapley's? Where's the ingredient list? How did they get it out so fast? I don't know it just seems like it could be anything by anybody. And where the hell did they get the name sulu max grow? :lachen: Imma stick with my stinky original for now. I know for a fact that works, and what's in it.

I hear ya, I sent them an email and ask just what kind of oil is their "carrier" oil. You can buy sulpher powder off ebay and get your own oil an make it yourself like I did with my cheap self. Plus I use better oils!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5606650949

AtlantaJJ

Soon as I heard that name, it reminded me of my ex-boyfriend. He used to date this girl named, "Exquisitive." Yes, that was her REAL name, the one that her mama gave her!:nono: Her last name was something basic too, like "Johnson" or something. He said he checked her driver's license and all...Man, black folks just be making ish up!:lachen:

He said she has really long hair too...so I really hope she's not a member here.:look:
BahhhhHhhhhh!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Gina C, in response to your earlier question, the best hair growth product for me has been MTG. I saw tremendous, quick growth spruts from MTG but sorry, i dont have pictures. MTG is a speedy hair grower but i stopped using it because of the smell. Other growth products are BT (www.Growthspecifics.com), MN (other ladies can explain better), & making your own Sulfur mix.

A more "natural" way to speed up growth, which I experienced this summer is to drink Protein shakes, work out everyday, & wash. After joining LHCF, I started co-washing instead of washing. I think some hair gurus will agree with me that a clean scalp and the daily blood circulation, in ur scalp, from working out will promote good growth.

HHG!
I am going to test this theory!!! I believe it's true because my hair was best when I was younger.....I used to workout all the time when I was younger also...

Okay going to the trail right now :yep: Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!

blazingthru

I agree! This is a crock...I hope you ladies know that we do have "marketing" spies in our midst, they are all "suggestive" torward products...All gently pushing "miracle" products.

Any marketing majors out here? These are soft selling tactics you learn your first year of college...
hmm:hot:I wish I knew that before I order the entire S2S kit, I used it once and my hair was matted up. I have been trying to find that stupid website so I can send all of those products back to her. I don't even know why I tried it. No I am not trying out this stuff either I rather make my own.

bluefolli

If the dates on her comparison pics are correct, this means she was part of their test market. How did they find her in order to test market it? I have been on this board, well lurked since 2003 and now it's like our secret, is no longer a secret. This leaves us wide open to all kinds of marketing ploys. I would like to see an official Shapley's trademark or copyright stamped on the packaging. Then, I may consider taking this product more seriously. Perhaps the person in the pic will provide us with a post and link to her fotki. Now watch, next week there will be fotki link in their testimony section...PLEASE, REVEAL YOURSELF are my final words.

I'm definitely getting the Max Gro...look at her growth comparison.

sunshinelady

hmm:hot:I wish I knew that before I order the entire S2S kit, I used it once and my hair was matted up. I have been trying to find that stupid website so I can send all of those products back to her. I don't even know why I tried it. No I am not trying out this stuff either I rather make my own.

www.sizta2sizta.com

Yeah, I believed her until I realized she was pregnant during this amazing growth.

Last edited:

***Toy-Pisces***

Why are they trying to act like only African-American ladies use it when we found out about it from the Caucasian ladies?:look:

Oh, I guess cause we were the main ones calling them up telling them how well it works onn *gasp* humans. Why can't we just buy something and let their increase in sales speak for themselves? Why do we always have to go and tell the person making the product, thus they up the price because of a little concept called "supply and demand.":drunk:
:yep::yep::yep:

Last edited:

MissJ

Hi Smitage,

Yes I really did purchase Sulu Max Gro!!! I am very excited.

No, I'm not a marketing spy :lachen:. I just wanted to share with my LHCF family about Shapley's new product. I know a lot of ladies on here are currently using or have used MTG in the past. I have used it in the past but had to discontinue use due to the overbearing smell. i remember last year when this new product was in the making. people were contacting Shapley's complimenting on how wonderful MTG was discussing the pros(unbelieveable hair growth & thickness), the cons(overbearing smell). I guess with the overwhelming feedback & request, they developed a product that was requested by consumers which I think is great. Just wanted to share with those that are interested.

Marcia16

I remember that, too. And you've been a member as long as I have, so you couldn't be from Shapley's.

DragonFly

I agree! This is a crock...I hope you ladies know that we do have "marketing" spies in our midst, they are all "suggestive" torward products...All gently pushing "miracle" products.

Any marketing majors out here? These are soft selling tactics you learn your first year of college...

My husband is a marketing major (believe he called it "network marketing" or "social marketing" I can't remember which). From what I learned from him after having a discussion is that companies will actually pay people good money to market their products anywhere.

I'm not surprise if hair boards are targeted (in fact I would be shocked if they weren't).

And if there is someone marketing for Shapley’s Original MTG:

I hate the website. It reminds me of a Motions relaxer instead of a hair growth product. It seems to me that who ever design the website is still in high school (sure the model looks beautiful but the overall layout looks redundant. Something fresh is needed and I have yet to see it). (And for 11.95, I can buy my own products and make more than one bottle of growth product and sell it. I have family hair recipes that cost less to make that probably works 10x better than what they are shelling out. The ingredients is nothing new or different from other oils in the market today.)

Marcia16

OP: Post a pic of your hair, a pic of the bottle of new and improved horsey juice, and hold a sign with the date and time.:lachen::lachen:

j/k OP

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.:spinning: Only time will tell what's up with the product. I agree the marketing seems largely targeted toward black women, but they haven't crossed the line into being disrespectful yet (Like Dr. Miracle). Anywho, I won't be purchasing because of what I learned about cade oil.

Deepblusea this one's for you! :lachen:

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

Gurl, as I was typing it I was hoping she wasn't a member of the board!:lachen: But her mom wanted to name her Sparkle or Keisha, so she decided to go with Sparkeisha....:nono:

:lachen:Maybe they could of went with Sparkle(first name) Lakeisha(middle name) That would have been soooo much better.:lachen:

fa$hionista

Why is it that the testimony on the front page is from some woman named: Shaniqeua Lewis :ohwell: but the other testimonies are just initials? :confused: I'm feeling like that website is an insult to my intelligence. :naughty:

I'd rather support Naturallady or make my own sulphur mix. :yep:

I agree, not only is that a turn off... I am not feeling the name they chose either... SULU sounds too close to ZULU to me and what's up with their advertisement comment of "Addressing the needs of ethnic hair care" :ohwell:

MoeB424

Well folx bombarded them with emails, asking for ingredients, better smellng product, safety info and sent links to refer them back to this site. Why not market it to us? 12.00 bucks + shipping isnt bad for folx who dont want to mix their own. It's more expensive than MTG, but if you recall they had to raise the price of MTG, it is supposed to have a better carrier oil, and they have to recoup prices from product development. Folx asked for it, they delivered. I dont see the problem, especially if you dont have to walk around smelling like 3-day old pork to get good results. Thanks to natural lady, there are other options, but for a long time that wasnt the case if you didnt want to mix your own.

Thank you... why is everyone so mad that they got what they asked for???

MoeB424

I agree, not only is that a turn off... I am not feeling the name they chose either... SULU sounds too close to ZULU to me and what's up with their advertisement comment of "Addressing the needs of ethnic hair care" :ohwell:

I read earlier in the posts that Sulu was the name of the guys mom who passed and we can't fault him for know what kind of product he has. He may not have known that it was originally used by WW... all he knew was that BW were the ones inquiring about it... and maybe the person's name really was "Shaniqeua" or that could have been their alias...

MoeB424

I know he says he named it after his mum, but the name Sulu is just not on. I read it and I think 'black'. I don't know why but I do. And it ain't flattering. I'll be sticking with the original MTG. The price seems a bit steep for a new product. I'd expect an introductory offer of say $7.

and how much is boundless tresses???

MoeB424

Ok... I know i've been posting like crazy on this thread and this is my last one but I just want to say... Y'all will put something on your head that is made for horses with no questions asked but when the same company that made that horse ish comes out with something just for YOU... that's when you wanna be skeptical??? :lachen:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Okay, everybody that ordered the Max Gro, let's get pictures and start keeping track of that growth! Who's with me!?! Mine has shipped, but it's not here yet! I'm going to use it the very day it shows up!

:grin:

Gina

Your month is almost up. We want our progress report promptly. ;)

gymfreak336

Ok... I know i've been posting like crazy on this thread and this is my last one but I just want to say... Y'all will put something on your head that is made for horses with no questions asked but when the same company that made that horse ish comes out with something just for YOU... that's when you wanna be skeptical??? :lachen:

Too funny:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

That's a damn good point. My only request is that it not STANK!!!:nono: