Is this WL?

Ediese

I had a discussion with my SO yesterday about my long term hair goals.:lachen: I mentioned to him that I would love to eventually grow my hair to WL. He looked at me with an incredulous look in his eye. :lachen:I made a movement to show him what I considered to be waist length, and he strongly disagreed. By the way, I pointed to my natural, high waist line. I told him that there is a difference between natural high waist line, and the point where people usually wear pants, skirts, etc, but he still disagrees that that's not my waist. I'm a little perplexed. I know that you can't see the indent to a high waist on everyone, but for those that have it, wouldn't there hair be considered WL at that mark?

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. Based on the picture below, would you say that my WL would be the 1st or 2nd line? I think I'm going to have to set my goal to MBL if it's the 2nd line because that would be too much hair for me. (I'm 5'9")

ETA

It seems like the distance from BSL to waist is not a whole lot..probably 4". That's so crazy. It looks like about 8" from APL to BSL. smdh

Last edited:

ladylibra

k well he's stupid then if he doesn't know where your waist is :lol: sorry!

just tell him that MOST people would agree that what you said is waist length and what he's referring to is classic length or hip length or tailbone or whatever it is. :spinning:

Tarae

I think waist length is right around the belly button.
In your pic, the second line looks more like hip length, if not tail bone.

anon123

That top line is your waist for sure, it is very visible. It's just because people don't wear their pants there anymore and people tend to think that where you wear your pants is your waist that your SO is confused. But you can't necessarily define your body parts by how you choose to lay clothes on them. I knit and have done designed a few patterns and we need to know what's called what in order to do our schematics and instructions.

If he's not convinced you can try searching for how to take your measurements on online clothing shopping sites and such. You know, the 36-24-36 type measurement. That center measurement will be called the waist on all the sites and they will tell you to take it at the narrowest point of your torso. is he convinced by google? i just googled "waist", 1st image:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/adam/images/en/10350-waist-to-hip-ratio-picture.jpg

danysedai

I agree too, the first line
isn't there a chart around with a picture of a readheaded woman's hair, maybe you can use that to compare.

Ediese

Thanks ladies!!! After he told me that, I thought "aw men, if that's true, I'll never make it!" LOL

Yeah Just Kiya, it's pretty long. I didn't think I'd make it this far. :look::yep:

Plastic, I'm close to seeing the pot o' gold on the other side. :yep: I'm so excited!!!:yep:

Ediese

That top line is your waist for sure, it is very visible. It's just because people don't wear their pants there anymore and people tend to think that where you wear your pants is your waist that your SO is confused. But you can't necessarily define your body parts by how you choose to lay clothes on them. I knit and have done designed a few patterns and we need to know what's called what in order to do our schematics and instructions.

If he's not convinced you can try searching for how to take your measurements on online clothing shopping sites and such. You know, the 36-24-36 type measurement. That center measurement will be called the waist on all the sites and they will tell you to take it at the narrowest point of your torso. is he convinced by google? i just googled "waist", 1st image:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/adam/images/en/10350-waist-to-hip-ratio-picture.jpg

Yep, I think he was going by where I wear my clothes. I'll be sure to tell him otherwise. Here he is trying to dash my dreams. :grin:

Tarae

Here's one.

Hope this is not too big.

Ediese

I need 6" to WL!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Granted I don't have any setbacks, I could be there December 09. :ohwell::grin::grin:

naturalmanenyc

The first line is waist length, the natural waist where the top of your pants sit.....unless they are low riders in which cash tailbone length is the new waist length.:lachen:

cecilie

You can say your SO that you'll be waist lenght one day ... :grin: .
You were rigth it's the first line . Good luck .

LadyKaypnyc

:giggle: Whenever someone disagrees with me (especially when I know I'm right) I turn to google. You should have googled (google images) WSL hair and the convo would have been over.

laketta

Yep. The first line is. I actually did the line on my photo for the first time and I didnt realize that I was so close.