YAY I'm WL "Waist Length"

Missi

Yay...I kno that exciting feeling. Congrats

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

ebsalita

Well done! :yay:

You've been dedicated and it's paid off - you should be very proud of yourself. You're an inspiration.

DaDragonPrincess

:prettyplease: Could you summarize what you think were the key actions to your success? After all it's obvious you're doing something right :yep:

Lucia

Thanks, I really appreciate it! When I fully flat ironed it, I think I'm at hip length. I certainly never got past bra strap length, if that, before LHCF, so I'm grateful to be on here. I tried posting my regimen in profile but for whatever reason it's not showing up. Currently I'm washing scalp with 100% pure African black soap, using a HE HH/V05 mix and rinse, and using an oil/sulfur mix 2x week. That's about it. I also do all sorts of natural concoctions that my friends come up with :lol:

My goal is full classic length, I think. On youtube I saw a girl with knee length african american hair, but for whatever reason her mother took the video down (SongsofJoy, she used to be a member on here). So ultimately I'm going to try to do that, at least to prove that it's possible for us.

Your hair will look great @ CL

I think she took it down b/c there are alot of haters bashing people lately moreso than usual. I think it's good she took her daughter off there.
I don't think it's so odd to see a black woman with her own long healthy hair. I think b/c of the few big mouths talking about their "bad" hair and weaves all the time gives the impression that black women can't have hair. I wish those few big mouth would shut-up and stop ruining things for the rest of us. :lol:

JJamiah

@rejuvenation1
@JJamiah

Your both def passed WL and approaching HL
what are your hair goals? TIA
congratz

@Lucia
Thanks so much.
I honestly don't know what my hair goal is right now length wise. I am just going to maintain it and let it do it's thing. I will continue to wear my wigs and enjoy my hair when I am not.
I know I won't want to go past HL and will continue to trim a 2 inch trim twice a year.

DaDragonPrincess

Well done! :yay:

You've been dedicated and it's paid off - you should be very proud of yourself. You're an inspiration.

@DaDragonPrincess

:prettyplease: Could you summarize what you think were the key actions to your success? After all it's obvious you're doing something right :yep:

:wink2::wink2::wink2:
Thanks sweetie... What has help me most is this site,youtube videos lol, Hairfinity,Fish Oil Supplements,Jamaican Black Castor Oil,Megatek,Protective styles like sew ins,buns,half wigs,and phony ponys. I went 1 year and a 1/2 without using direct heat, when i'm not doing protective styles I rollerset,wraps,pin curls,bantu knots,braidouts,twistouts, styles that don't require me using direct heat...every now and then out the blue now I will treat myself to flat ironed hair or curled. I flat ironed ounce this year. I stretch my relaxer to every 10 to 12 weeks. Co washes,egg/mayo protien,and DC has helped me too. My whipped shea butter/Coconut Oil gives my hair plenty moisture. Becoming my own beautician...

ebsalita

:wink2::wink2::wink2:
Thanks sweetie... What has help me most is this site,youtube videos lol, Hairfinity,Fish Oil Supplements,Jamaican Black Castor Oil,Megatek,Protective styles like sew ins,buns,half wigs,and phony ponys. I went 1 year and a 1/2 without using direct heat, when i'm not doing protective styles I rollerset,wraps,pin curls,bantu knots,braidouts,twistouts, styles that don't require me using direct heat...every now and then out the blue now I will treat myself to flat ironed hair or curled. I flat ironed ounce this year. I stretch my relaxer to every 10 to 12 weeks. Co washes,egg/mayo protien,and DC has helped me too. My whipped shea butter/Coconut Oil gives my hair plenty moisture. Becoming my own beautician...

Thank you lady! I really appreciate your sharing nature. I'm going to try more protective styles and keep up the deep conditioning. My one downfall is heat - compared to you (I flatiron 2 x weekly after washing. You're certainly making me think twice about using heat frequently :look::look: