YAY I'm WL "Waist Length"

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
Hip hip hooray! Pun intended. Great progress! U are hip length!
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

ms.blue

I meant the longest part of your hair or the "v". I tried cutting mine and it keeps growing like that and was wondering if you have done that also and if your hair grows like that. Congrats on making wl even though to me you look pass wl.

Last edited:

faithVA

Congrats sweety, but um you're more like hip length. I could be wrong the pic is kind of dark but if it's to your line of measurement in the pic then you're HL. Your hip bones start in the region.

I'm new to the hair measurements so was a little confused and I was also thinking that you are well past WL. Your waist is where your left elbow is. So you are well past WL.

Congratulations are due anyway.

PeculiarDaye

:congrats: on Hip Length...

but if you see it as Waist Length then that's fine too...

Whatever your doing, keep it up because your hair is thanking you wonderfully :yep:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
congrats on making hip length, chica!

your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taj

Now you can change the caption on your photo to YAY...I'M HIP LENGTH!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY 4 U!!!!!! I CELEBRATE WITH YOU....CONGRATS!!!!!:dance7::bouncy::bighug::lots:

DaDragonPrincess

I meant the longest part of your hair or the "v". I tried cutting mine and it keeps growing like that and was wondering if you have done that also and if your hair grows like that. Congrats on making wl even though to me you look pass wl.

Thanks sweetie, yeah my hair been growing like that for a while, not sure as to what to do about it,but let it grow and just get my trims on relaxed days.

CurlyMoo

Congrats on making wl!!! Have you ever tried cutting off the "tail"? I have and it keeps coming back:lachen:

Thanks sweetie, yeah my hair been growing like that for a while, not sure as to what to do about it,but let it grow and just get my trims on relaxed days.

I have a "tail," and it's just nape hair that appears longer due to it's position at the back of your head. If all of your hair is 20 inches you would probably need to cut the nape 18 inches to have hair that appears an even length. Due to the fact that my nape area is the loosest curl, I get less breakage so I retain more there too, making it seem like it grows at a faster growth rate. I'm keeping my "tail.":grin:

Shadiyah

Re: YAY I'm WL "Waist Length" ...EDITED umm HL? lol

THANK YOU LHCFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, omg I wish I would have found this site back in high school when I did all kinds of crap to my hair. Started my journey in 2008 when I joined LHCF and now at 2011 I made it to my goal length at WL Waist Length, now I got to work on full WL and maintaining WL...hmm next goal HP Hip Length??? OMG, I came a long way and have been working real hard...last year I had a small setback do to stress...I thank LHCF and other hair websites out here that are hair buddies to all of us on our hair journey...

:grouphug2:

I am so happy for you... may I ask where were you in length when you started 2008?