Introduction - Hello, How are You? I'm Toufa

Prudent1

:hiya: Toufa! Welcome to the forum:yep:. The only thing I will say (cause IA w/ all who say take it easy) is develop a long term mindset. Give your self a minimum of 18 months to see real overall progress (moisture, protein, length, appearance, personal product knowledge). Realize your journey will not be the same as anyone else's.
HHG
P1

toufa

Hi Toufa! Welcome! ... As far as your questions go, I would steer clear of putting barrette on the ends of your hair. This may cause breakage.

Hi French Rouge. :) Somehow I was thinking that barrettes wouldn't break the ends. I was thinking that they would hold them in place, so they don't split or tangle together. I always get knots :nono: and have to cut them off. I think this is one of the reasons why my hair pretty much stays the same length. But what you and tiffers said makes sense. I'll skip the barrettes idea and just try twirling the ends like tiffers suggested. Also, now that I'm moisturizing and sealing the ends seem to be getting better (they're twirlable :grin:).

Last edited:

virtuenow

Hi Toufa, welcome. Where does your name come from/what does it mean? I've never heard it before, its interesting.

toufa

Welcome, toufa!
I really like your upbeat e-personality and wish you much success with your HHJ :yep:

:thankyou: for the welcome Sipp100. I am really upbeat about this forum! :yep: So excited cause before I honestly didn't know where to start to help my hair. But now, I feel like I stumbled upon a secret internet treasure trove of hair care knowledge! :grin:

toufa

Welcome to the forum, Toufa!

:thankyou:Hey, wait a minute. Your book is in my Amazon cart right now!!! :spinning::spinning::spinning: And I just subscribed to your newsletter! Wow, that's so awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and thanks for the welcome! :)

Last edited:

toufa

:hiya: Toufa! Welcome to the forum:yep:. The only thing I will say (cause IA w/ all who say take it easy) is develop a long term mindset. Give your self a minimum of 18 months to see real overall progress (moisture, protein, length, appearance, personal product knowledge). Realize your journey will not be the same as anyone else's.
HHG
P1

Hi Prudent1 and :thankyou:for the welcome. You're right. I'm taking the view that this has got to be a long term mindset. A lifelong commitment to taking better care of my hair (and, by extension, myself). Determining to make that commitment was a major step for me.:yep: I set some short-term goals (like actually DO-ing the things that benefit my hair each day, each week) and I also have some long term goals as far as length and appearance, etc. Really, really excited about beginning my hair journey! Thank you for the encouragement and for the advice and knowledge you guys share here. :)

Last edited:

toufa

Oooops! I just realized I have been inserting a sarcastic smiley face :)rolleyes:) in my responses. I thought that was the regular smiley face. Apologies everyone. :blush:

*going back to edit posts*

virtuenow

Hi Virtuenow! :thankyou:for your welcome. My name (pronounced toe-fah) is just the chinese word for hair :)

Thanks. So you speak chinese (or other languages)? I couldn't help but notice a few posts up that you respond in another language. Nice

Seamonster

Welcome,

All the items you want to try are great, but they might not be the best choice for a newbie. It has been suggested that you start out slowly and add as your hair improves. That is the best choice.

I make my own potion and love it, but I started using castor oil, and knew my hair loved castor oil. All growth stimulating products work well on healthy hair. Many increase shedding and can be drying, these two items are detrimental on hair that is already dry. Once you know your hair and it's growth rate, it can be fun to add growth aids.

Black Tea rinses strengthens the hair, and reduce hair shedding just like protein can, and both of these can be drying too. I wouldn't combine this with potion or MTG because it would be too drying for most naturals.

Great to hear your hair loves the baggy method. Enjoy your hair journey, it can be so rewarding.

choconillaprincess

谢谢你 Choconillaprinces. 是, 一点一点中文. ,呢? 好. 该 学习 外语 :yep:

好啊!那么, 我们可以什么时候都一起聊聊天。 你学汉语学了多长时间?

Last edited:

Ijanei

Welcome, you seem soooo excited

Happy you found the forum and already applying some of the things here but as stated already, don't hop on everything because it is new to you and was successful to others (been there - done that) Sometimes it works out for you and other times eeeeh not so much.

Blessings with your journey and yes plz find out how to post pics:look: