Hello, I'm a Newbie but Nothing is working.

SolAngel

Hello All, I've been lurking and decided to join some months ago...just never had the courage to post! My hair is at least APL (4A hair), but I would love to be MBL. I'm 5 10 so I'm sure I have some obstacles because of my height. I've been trying to follow some of the methods on the board since February and my hair is still APL. I think it's only gotten thicker because I havent put any heat or haven't gotten a relaxer in 4 months and haven't trimmed. I've taken Freda biotin, b52, and other vitamins and no real growth. I've used mtg, beemine(not consistently), and no real growth. I cowash once a week, use a moisturizer, and seal with oil. Sometimes I even seal using jamaican castor oil on my ends. I've also been wearing protective styles since Feb... wearing a half wig. My hair sheds a lot when I wash and when I unbraid my braids sometimes the ends come off in knots(yes, even with me sealing my hair with oil) You all have really beautiful hair. I don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong. Help because nothing is working! Any suggestions for growth? :wallbash:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I think the key to it is simplicity for me, I was experiencing the same thing as you, thickness and improvement in health but no length...I was simply just doing too much...between the growth aids and trying every single method. I now only use my staples and have a SIMPLE, basic regimen. Wash & DC weekly, Co wash Weekly, Moisturizer every 3 days, hair always hidden under silk scarf, protein when needed and relaxer every 12-16 weeks. That is giving me length. Simplicity. HTH & HHG.

Brownie518

^^ Yeah, what specific products do you use? How's your moisture/protein balance? Do you clarify? Deep condition?

SolAngel

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :urock:I've been admiring you all for months! I use Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer. I must confess that I don't drink a lot of water but I don't know what the problem is! Maybe, I really should keep it simple and the funny thing is I thought I was! :nono: Poranges thanks for the advice. Oh, I use a lot of different types of deep conditioners and HE Hydration conditioner. I don't clarify at all.

Last edited: