How are you using your OCT/MT?

I've decided that I iwll not change my regimine much now that I will be using OCT.

Every night ( I started spinning again ) I wash my hair with the OCT shampoo, use the Creme Rinse and then use the cell therapy on my scalp and on the length of my hair, seal it with my oil mix, plait hair, and then baggy my hair.

Every morning I repeat the process except the baggy, and hide my hair in a pony tail daily, because that is the easiest style (if that's what you would call it) for me and my schedule.

I've decided that the OCT pak will not be enough for me and my daughters plus the price difference is a big factor, so I will be buying Eqyss /Mega-Tek/Avacodo Mist today and will be using the same regimine.

I am on a quest to lose weight and grow healthy long hair at the same time (especially since I am now taking steroids:ohwell:) and will have pics every week of my progress of both on my fotki to show the results of progress of weight loss and hair growth.

I will be taking Biotin,MSM, and Silica. Eating lots of lean protein/soy protein, fruits, vegetables, and plenty of water.

Hopefully I will reach my goal of APL since my efforts were cut and then I had breakage and hair loss due to an illness just before reaching my goal.

How are you all using your OCT/MT?

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I've decided that I iwll not change my regimine much now that I will be using OCT.

Every night ( I started spinning again ) I wash my hair with the OCT shampoo, use the Creme Rinse and then use the cell therapy on my scalp and on the length of my hair, seal it with my oil mix, and then baggy my hair.

Every morning I repeat the process except the baggy, and hide my hair in a pony tail daily, because that is the easiest style (if that's what you would call it) for me and my schedule.

I've decided that the OCT pak will not be enough for me and my daughters, so I will be buying Eqyss /Mega-Tek/Avacodo Mist today and will be using the same regimine.

I am on a quest to lose weight and grow healthy long hair at the same time (especially since I am now taking steroids:ohwell:) and will have pics every week of my progress of both on my fotki to show the results of progress of weight loss and hair growth.

I will be taking Biotin,MSM, and Silica. Eating lots of lean protein/soy protein, fruits, vegetables, and plenty of water.

Hopefully I will reach my goal of APL since my efforts were cut and then I had breakage and hair loss due to an illness just before reaching my goal.

How are you all using your OCT/MT?

Did you check the OCT Challenge thread? I know Sareca is in that challenge so maybe you can get some info there....

A friend of mine (who is a lurker from time to time) told me that I should clarify this, I don't think it will make a difference, but what the hay .:lachen: I figured since there are so many pages on at least two of the threads, and it is not all containing information about the product ( a lot of it says how they are waiting, thinking about ording, etc.) That's alot to go through just to find out how eople are using it.

I figured, why not cut to the chase and just post your ovt/mt regimine so others can see how you are using it, tell how it feels in your head. (I even use it on my eyebrows:grin:). I think that it's great that the ladies have posted the ingredients on the thread and that is really helpful. But for those of us who have already made the decision to buy either one and would like to get some ideas overall from a variety of people how they are using it without clicking through page after page.

I hope that I am not offending anyone. Just a thought. I will still post my results. and enjoy my hair. All of you ladies HHG!!

Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

I just got my OCT,
I am pretty much doing your regimine as well.
except I only have the OCT I didn't buy the other Ovation products.

I wet my hair every night if I don't have time to wash it. then I apply the OCT and Baggie.
My differents,
I don't rinse it out in the AM and I wear my baggie most of the day under my black headwrap.

I have only been using it for about 2 days, but I have notice that I don't have the little broken pieces of hair anymore.

My 4a hair, constantly will brake off small pieces of the ends of my hair, all I have to do is touch it, and little hairs will be in my hand. I notice last night that didn't happen. So I'm eccstactic about that, If all OCT does for me is stop the breakage, it's worth it's weight in gold!!!!!:grin:

4evaRays

A friend of mine (who is a lurker from time to time) told me that I should clarify this, I don't think it will make a difference, but what the hay .:lachen: I figured since there are so many pages on at least two of the threads, and it is not all containing information about the product ( a lot of it says how they are waiting, thinking about ording, etc.) That's alot to go through just to find out how eople are using it.

I figured, why not cut to the chase and just post your ovt/mt regimine so others can see how you are using it, tell how it feels in your head. (I even use it on my eyebrows:grin:). I think that it's great that the ladies have posted the ingredients on the thread and that is really helpful. But for those of us who have already made the decision to buy either one and would like to get some ideas overall from a variety of people how they are using it without clicking through page after page.

I hope that I am not offending anyone. Just a thought. I will still post my results. and enjoy my hair. All of you ladies HHG!!

I think that's a great idea. So I'm Bumping it for ya!

That sounds good, I was just looking at my lace front wig thinking that maybe I should wear it again since I paid all of that money for it. I can baggy under it.

I just got my OCT,
I am pretty much doing your regimine as well.
except I only have the OCT I didn't buy the other Ovation products.

I wet my hair every night if I don't have time to wash it. then I apply the OCT and Baggie.
My differents,
I don't rinse it out in the AM and I wear my baggie most of the day under my black headwrap.

I have only been using it for about 2 days, but I have notice that I don't have the little broken pieces of hair anymore.

My 4a hair, constantly will brake off small pieces of the ends of my hair, all I have to do is touch it, and little hairs will be in my hand. I notice last night that didn't happen. So I'm eccstactic about that, If all OCT does for me is stop the breakage, it's worth it's weight in gold!!!!!:grin:

ajacks

I just started using it today, but I plan on using it according to the directions on the bottle on wash days. Leave it on hair for 1-2 hours and washing it out.

And on non-wash days I'll just massage a small amount into my scalp.

JustKiya

Hrrm. Okay, that is a good idea....

I mix my Mega-Tek with SAA, HoneyQuat, Vitamin E Oil, and Castor Oil - to increase the amino acids, as well as to make it softer/less flaky in my hair. The Honeyquat is because - well, I add that to EVERYTHING. :lachen:

I use tiny dabs of it 4-5 times a week, directly on my scalp, and massaged in.

I wash once a week.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
If you daily CW like me, is it worth getting and using it? I notice that most ladies who use it, relax. I am trying to find a regimen for my hair.

JustKiya

If you daily CW like me, is it worth getting and using it? I notice that most ladies who use it, relax. I am trying to find a regimen for my hair.

I think the official directions are actually to put it on, and rinse it off. :lol: I'm being lazy, and not going to the bathroom to get the bottle to check.
So, if you cowash nightly, I would think that putting it on right after you cowash, and leaving it a for the next 24 hours til you cowash again - I think you'll get good results....you might definitely want to try to stick to it for at least 90 days to see really good results......

MuslimahTresses

I mix my Mega-Tek with SAA, HoneyQuat, Vitamin E Oil, and Castor Oil - to increase the amino acids, as well as to make it softer/less flaky in my hair. The Honeyquat is because - well, I add that to EVERYTHING. :lachen:

I wash once a week.

Can you tell me what is HoneyQuat?

LaNecia

I wash once a week.

This is my exact mix except for the HoneyQuat (didn't have any on hand) so I subbed out Sodium PCA. :yep:

I'm not on "The" challenge but am using daily as well my regular wash/deep condish once a week.

Shaley

• Shampoo hair with Color Therapy
  • Apply OCT to Scalp & Length of Hair
  • Leave on for a couple of minutes or few hours
  • Apply Creme Rinse
  • Apply Cell Therapy to scalp.
  • Apply Leave-In and rollerset hair as usual

I just took my starting pics. Has anyone tried this on their eyebrows? i decided I would since the last time that I had them waxed, she left me with half a brow.:ohwell:

When they grow back I'll be getting them threaded instead.

hothair

I incorporated it into my current reggie- I apply as a leave-in to my hair and scalp in the morning, in the evening I co-wash/ rinse as usual and seal with an oil (back to virgin casor oil) and use my MN mix:yep:

ajacks

I wash once a week.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this combination last night. OCT does not have the amino acids like MT so it made sense to add the SAA, and being the true PJ that I am of course I had all of the things you listed. :grin:

Last edited:

BobbieDoll

I use OCT 3-4 times a week. This is how I use it:

I wet my hair at night and apply OCT to wet hair and cover with a baggy.
In the morning I rinse it out, apply creme rinse, and rinse it out.

This is my first week using it so I'm not sure if I'm getting results or not. I only have the Cell threapy and creme rinse but I'm thinking about getting the whole system when I run out of what I have.

JustKiya

I just took my starting pics. Has anyone tried this on their eyebrows? i decided I would since the last time that I had them waxed, she left me with half a brow.:ohwell:

When they grow back I'll be getting them threaded instead.

I've been using the little leftover dabs on the ends of my eyebrows when I remember - they've always been super thin.

C

cieramichele

MT on my scalp every night. I mix a bit in my protein treatments when needed.

Diya

Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering the same thing when I started using OCT 2 days ago. Here's what I've been doing (subject to revision based on responses to this thread :grin:):

On wash day, apply 2 quarter-sized amounts of OCT to scalp and length of washed, conditioned hair, massage and leave in for 3-5 minutes. Rinse. Apply a few dabs of OCT to scalp, massage in and style as usual.

On non-wash days, apply a few dabs of OCT to scalp only, massage and leave in.

So far I have been applying daily (2 days so far) before bed, and I use only the cell therapy, straight up, no mix-ins.

kittie43

I am still waiting for my OCT Cell Therapy but I plan to simply replace it with my current leave-in as well as massage it into my scalp. I cowash nightly so it will stay in my head at least for 24 hrs. I hope this produces good results.

sweetie77

I love this thread .Well today is day 4 for me started the whole system on sunday OCT and apply the Cell daily and leave in .

jrae

Weekly:
  • Shampoo, Cell Therapy for a few min, Cream Rinse (using the Ovation trio)
  • Coconut Oil
  • Rollerset
Nightly:
  • Mist scalp, apply Cell Therapy, Baggy entire head
Morning:
  • Rollerset with Lacio Lacio

AtlantaJJ

It's a super strong humectant (many times better than glycerin) that's sold by lotioncrafters.com (same place a lot of people get their SAA)
:ot: You are so full of helpful / useful / totally benefical information... I think I'll just continue to follow you around this board! (And I am ordering Honeyquat and SAA) I want to go on a use it up plan for the stuff I have around here, so I figure those two products would improve the quality of any of my subpar conditoners....

Okay back on topic!

Last edited: