How many weeks post-relaxer are you..

Raspberry

6 weeks post now... If only i can make it to ten weeks. I would be ecstatic. Each time i try i fail and give in at 8 weeks or sooner... Keep telling myself "come on michelle you can do it!" Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L

blackberry815 This is my first relaxer stretch and I"m 5 weeks post so please keep us up-to-date with your progress. I would like to stretch to 10-12 weeks.

I have a ton of new growth in the back but I air-dry and don't use heat so seems like co-washing is the best way to keep my growth soft. I'm obsessively watching for breakage and keeping manipulation to a minimum.. only combing after a wash when my hair is slightly damp and full of leave-ins. My hair texture is looser in the front and around my edges so the scarf method keeps that part of head laid nicely...

Judwill07

@Judwill07 I'm always curious how you ladies who stretch for a year manage... are the different textures obvious just by looking?

Yes, you can tell the difference. Especially when I wear my hair in a french roll. The hair thats rolled up is straight and my natural hair is curly/wavy. I went from texlaxed (3a/3b) to my natural texture (3c/4a). What has helped me is Henna. Henna loosened my curl pattern slightly. It makes it easier for me to transition. Of course everyone won't have the same results, but the more "I" Henna, the easier/looser my curls become. I'm mainly 3c/4a. I've been taking pictures every 3 months or so and I just need to put them all together and post them so that you can see what I mean. I have about 7 to 8 inches of new growth with 5 inches of texlaxed hair.

Raspberry

Yes, you can tell the difference. Especially when I wear my hair in a french roll. The hair thats rolled up is straight and my natural hair is curly/wavy. I went from texlaxed (3a/3b) to my natural texture (3c/4a). What has helped me is Henna. Henna loosened my curl pattern slightly. It makes it easier for me to transition. Of course everyone won't have the same results, but the more "I" Henna, the easier/looser my curls become. I'm mainly 3c/4a. I've been taking pictures every 3 months or so and I just need to put them all together and post them so that you can see what I mean. I have about 7 to 8 inches of new growth with 5 inches of texlaxed hair.

Cool, can't wait to see the pics.. Maybe the fact that you were texlaxed and not relaxed bone straight makes a difference in appearance and handling.

Misseyl

96 weeks, I have about 35 more weeks to go because I want to relax anytime in 2012 preferably in June. That would add up to 131 weeks since my last touchup. I plan on relaxing it. I miss my hair terribly but I just want to stick to what I said and hold out for a long as possible.

lana

I'm at 15 weeks, I cannot believe I stretched this long. I only stretch to 12 weeks typically, but I kept scratching my head right before TEXlaxing day and I refuse to telax an itchy head...that just spells burning. Even with my protectant on my scalp.

So I will wash and bun for 2 weeks and hopefully make it 17 weeks. We'll see. At first I wasn't going to texlax this winter...but my hair takes about 4-5 hours to work through so um......that's why I texlax. (lol)

dargirl

Twenty-one weeks, minus a couple of days. This is my longest stretch yet. Can't wait for my touch up on Nov 6; my growth is outta control! My mom saw it today and said child, you need to relax that thicket before it breaks off :lachen:

blackberry815

blackberry815 This is my first relaxer stretch and I"m 5 weeks post so please keep us up-to-date with your progress. I would like to stretch to 10-12 weeks.

I have a ton of new growth in the back but I air-dry and don't use heat so seems like co-washing is the best way to keep my growth soft. I'm obsessively watching for breakage and keeping manipulation to a minimum.. only combing after a wash when my hair is slightly damp and full of leave-ins. My hair texture is looser in the front and around my edges so the scarf method keeps that part of head laid nicely...

I definately will :)

Sent from my ADR6400L

ojemba

8 weeks this thursday. This is where I relaxed last time. I'm in my fuzzy plaits and have no desire to relax. Tomorrow is co-wash day.

5 weeks coming up on 6 this friday! I plan to stretch for about 104 more weeks because I'm transitioning

At the end up summer I'll probably do a mini-chop and cut at least 3 inches off. I can't decide if I want to do tree braids or if I want to just get my regular box braids. . .? The tree braids would be so easy to do though. . sigh. Plus I hate taking down box braids and I feel like I'm ready for a change. . . From 5-11-10

Woah I can't believe I posted that on 5/11, over 10 weeks ago! I'm still transitioning and this friday will make 16 weeks :yahoo:
My NG is fierce! I wouldn't even dare think about putting a comb through this! From 7-20-10

Yay, I'll be 26 weeks this friday! It's kinda funny how I keep posting in this thread exactly every 10 weeks without meaning to! Anyway, I've been braided up for about a month now and I'll keep these braids in for at least another two.

ETA: :lol: I never ended up cutting those three inches.

From 9-29-10

5 weeks coming up on 6 this friday! I plan to stretch for about 104 more weeks because I'm transitioning

At the end up summer I'll probably do a mini-chop and cut at least 3 inches off. I can't decide if I want to do tree braids or if I want to just get my regular box braids. . .? The tree braids would be so easy to do though. . sigh. Plus I hate taking down box braids and I feel like I'm ready for a change. . . From 5-11-10

Woah I can't believe I posted that on 5/11, over 10 weeks ago! I'm still transitioning and this friday will make 16 weeks :yahoo:
My NG is fierce! I wouldn't even dare think about putting a comb through this! From 7-20-10

Yay, I'll be 26 weeks this friday! It's kinda funny how I keep posting in this thread exactly every 10 weeks without meaning to! Anyway, I've been braided up for about a month now and I'll keep these braids in for at least another two.

ETA: :lol: I never ended up cutting those three inches.

From 9-29-10

Today makes 43 weeks! I can't believe how close I am to 52! Who would have thought that the girl who never stretched past 4 weeks would make it this far?

From 1-28-11

Almost at 84 weeks!

My hair natural hair stretches to CBL easily but I'm too afraid of shrinkage to BC now. Regardless, I am totally :love: about my natural hair. I can't believe I ever got a perm in the first place :perplexed

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

Almost 14 weeks on Sunday, I've decided to relax today. Longest stretch ever and I didn't even plan it - still very proud of myself. I will miss my new growth but our fighting has really intensified. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NYDee

I'm 2 months post. I want to try waiting until march next year, which will make it six months. If I can wait for 6 months, I may be able to wait for a year.