HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

greenandchic

I want to join this challenge and see if I can get in on some extra moisture benefits. But can somone please explain to me how you do a HOT. I have never done one before. Do you just apply warm oil to your scalp or to your scalp and length of your hair?

That's pretty much what I do. I heat it up on the stove (watching the temp!), apply it to my scalp and hair and put on a plastic cap.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Moisturized & Sealed with Tiiva Naturals Green Tea Leave-In and the Tiiva Growth Oil (that didn't stink). Will do this twice today.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ltown JerriBlank Re: The Stinky Oil.:lol:...:look:

I contacted the Vendor and asked for a Refund or a Replacement. I mean, there is no way you could wear that Oil in your Hair. (Just No Way Man).:nono:

She did refund my Money for that Bottle and asked that I return it back to her which I did this morning. I had to pay to send it back, so that cut into my "Refund":perplexed

I wanted to bring you both up to speed with that. In all honesty, I'd like to purchase another bottle of this before the Sale Ends, but I want the Consistency to be On Point.

Ltown

Greyland
Ltown JerriBlank Re: The Stinky Oil.:lol:...:look:

I contacted the Vendor and asked for a Refund or a Replacement. I mean, there is no way you could wear that Oil in your Hair. (Just No Way Man).:nono:

She did refund my Money for that Bottle and asked that I return it back to her which I did this morning. I had to pay to send it back, so that cut into my "Refund":perplexed

I wanted to bring you both up to speed with that. In all honesty, I'd like to purchase another bottle of this before the Sale Ends, but I want the Consistency to be On Point.

IDareT'sHair, i truly believe the ingredient on point but bad batch, heck i have three and know darn well ain't nobody buying it from me on the exchange board:lachen:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think I'm out of (or almost out of Pure Argan) so I will hafta' find something else to use. I may Use Enso's Marshmallow & Moss Serum with my Leave-In tonight. I've never used it on 'damp' hair. :ohwell:

I've only been sealing with it, so we'll see.:yep:

YoursTrulyRE

Did my first HOT tonight with JBCO mixed with WGHO (not a good mix or I warmed it up too much it had hard oil pieces in the mix). Kept that on for 10 min with heat cap them put my prepoo mix on top (Lutrasilk shea mixed with hemp and WGO). Going to leave this in overnight.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
YoursTrulyRE
I just heat up some water in the Micro and let the Oil Bottle Sit in it for a few & then apply. The Water is Very Warm/Hot not Boiling, just Hot.:grin:

I don't leave it in there a long time, just enough so when I run my hand along the bottle it feels warm to the touch.

@Lita We need to talk about Black Cumin Seed Oil.:look:

greenandchic

Last night I spritzed my hair with water and smoothed Shea Moisture Smooth & Shine and my kukui nut oil and sunflower oil blend on the length of my hair. I sealed the ends with my whipped shea butter/oil blend.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Moisturized with Claudie's Coffee & Quinoa Hair Cream, Sealed with Tiiva Oil.

I really like the Pequi Oil I purchased From Nature With Love. I was looking sort of for a 'replacement' or back up for Pure Argan and I heard about "Pequi Oil" which is the New Rave in Hair/Skin Oils.

I got both the lightness & the shine I get from Pure Argan. And I got 8 ounces for like $20.00.

Have not tried the Black Cumin Seed (or whatever it's called yet).

Will M&S twice today.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Sealed last night with my ceramide oil mix. Added cocasta to my amla paste today. Will do a HOT today with vatika frosting.

choctaw

moisturizing treatment with aloe vera gel and evoo under plastic cap for 2 hours. Rinsed and followed with ayurvedic herb infused castor/mustard/sesame oil rinse. Left in moderate mix of oils and conditioner. Sectioned hair and distributed gel with denman brush, made double twists, dusted the ends.

Ijanei

I got my inch for last month, now this month seems to be doing me some good as well. but we shall see

Bublin

I applied regular Castor oil to my damp hair - just the edges and ends of my large braids for my braid-out. Tied my hair down overnight.

This morning my edges are the most moisturised i have ever known.

That was the first time using CO and its def a keeper.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will use Pequi Oil with My Leave-In (Today's Hair Day). Will prolly use Tiiva's Green Tea Moisturizing Leave-In and Seal with Enso's Marshmallow & Moss Serum.

choctaw

Shampoo with CON. Oil rinse with rice bran/tea tree oil. Final acv rinse. Apply mix of shea butter, Shapley MGT and Darbar fragrance oil. Twist hair and cover with plastic cap.