HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends/Scalp Sealing Challenge 5/1/11- 8/31/11

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Evening Hair Hotties!

I guess I'll moisturize with Hydratherma Naturals Lotion and Seal either with HV Cocosta or HTN Oil.

greenandchic

Did an after work out/gym oil rinse with coconut oil in lieu of a full cowash or shampoo/condition. Sealed with jojoba oil for the day.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I got my hemp seed oil today! :yay: I did notice that the bottles were warm. It has been very hot the past few days so I hope the heat didn't degrade the quality of the oil. I plan to use it in my oil mixes for my hair and to take 2 tablespoons daily along with my vitamins. Took some today and thankfully it doesn't taste like much of anything and the smell isn't bad to me (like many have said) just different... we'll see when I put it in my hair. lol

I washed and conditioned my hair then applied the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Milk as a leave-in before sealing with my coconut/sesame/rice bran oil mix. My hair feels nice and soft. :)

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

oil rinse with brahmi hibiscus maka infused almond/coconut oil. used same oil on edges and ends after co-wash and small amount of conditioner as leave-in. braid to air dry.

damn choctaw, i've read lots of your posts and your mix's seem to be so on point, can you please tell me how long do you infused indian powders in oils ? and also in which way, in oven? bain marie?
and wat about ratio? thanks in avdance

choctaw

damn choctaw, i've read lots of your posts and your mix's seem to be so on point, can you please tell me how long do you infused indian powders in oils ? and also in which way, in oven? bain marie?
and wat about ratio? thanks in avdance

Krystle~Hime

Maka brahmi with powdered hibiscus in coconut oil
o 2 tablespoons maka
o 2 tablespoons brahmi
o ½ tablespoon powdered hibiscus flowers
o Fill pint mason jar about ¾ with Parachute coconut oil
o Top off jar with Idrahayam gingelly and Laxmi almond oils

You can measure powders into a muslin bag, stocking foot or cheesecloth before placing in the jar. This will make it easier to filter the oil before you pour it into applicator bottle. I use a funnel with old stocking across the opening to filter the oil.

Place pint size mason jar in pot of water. Water level should be at neck of jar but do not cover the lid. Heat water until it starts to boil, reduce heat to below boiling. Continue to heat jar in hot water for 4 hours. Add water if necessary to keep water level at neck of jar. Let water cool, remove jar and store for 3 weeks before using.

You can also place your mason jar in roasting pan and heat in oven at 200 degrees for 4 hours or use a crock pot. I don't use bain marie because I don't own one. Another alternative is to mix the powders, place in oil and let it sit for 30 days. I usually use heat and let the oils sit for a few weeks before using them. You should test your results the day you make it, a week later, one week later, 3 weeks later and see if you feel a difference. Stick with what feels best and works for your hair.

Gingelly is light colored Indian sesame oil with jaggery (looks like sugar cane) at the bottom of the bottle. All of the oils can be found at an Indian grocer. If there is no Indian grocer near you, use food grade coconut oil. When I run out of one oil, I add another oil that complements it. Coconut, almond and sesame are all light oils and good for the hair and scalp. HTH

Lita

Dampen my hair with water,Njoi Creation Coconut Cream..JBCO mix on scalp...Sealed with Sesame seed oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

greenandchic

Prepoo with coconut oil, shampooed with Shea Moisture Deep Cleansing Shampoo, conditioned with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, leave in was Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk and castor, sunflower and kukui oil into a pony puff.

chebaby

i have put aside my coconut oil and have been using my vatika oil. i never noticed before but my hair really does like this stuff.
i need to replenish my evoo because evoo made my hair feel really really strong and i miss that.

destine2grow

Moisturize and seal using Shea Moisture curl and style milk and enso serum. I also used evoo last night as an pre poo

Jewell

Gonna do a black tea rinse. Followed by an oil rinse w. Amla, Avocado, Grapeseed, Macadamia Nut Oil, and Hot 6. Will follow up w. Biotera Reconstructing Cond., and apply my Shea Moisture Style Milk as a leave-in cream, will apply Megatek to scalp, followed by scalp oiling w. my herbal oil mix, then proceed to sealing ends w. the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment, coating hair w. Maka oil, and will pull into a damp twist w. a clip.

I love hair! Its a hobby! (and making mixes and herbal pastes makes it even MORE fun)!:lick:

Last edited:

choctaw

Rinsed out a henna paste (shweta henna, amla, ayurvedic tea, castor oil, tea tree oil, rosewater glycerine). Followed with ayurvedic oil rinse (mustard/castor/sesame oils infused with henna, amla, brahmi, maka). Final rinse with acv. Used denman to distribute rice bran/tea tree oil to edges and ends. Used denman to distribute small amount of leave-in conditioner. Braid to air dry.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Sealed last night and this morning with Moku Serum. Will seal again tonight with Moku Serum. I think that will finish it up.

JerriBlank

So I have been slacking on my oil use for about 1.5 weeks.
I am now in the period where I am redoing my individual braids as I see fit. Instead of the smooth,knot free ends I am used to after braid removal,my ends felt like hell.
I was scared,and instantly dc'ed,and applied Shea moisture reparative elixir over that. I went back to my daily moisture and sealing routine,and let my hair be for a while. Now,while redoing some more braids,I noticed that my ends are back to where I want them to be.
Whoo! Crisis averted!
I CANNOT slack on my extra oil use when in extensions!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Finished the Komaza this morning. Will try Enso's serum tonight. I've used it once or twice but want to use it a bit more before deciding if it works for my hair.