• No - I have not

Votes: 71 17.4%
  • No - but I will Try

Votes: 200 49.1%
  • Yes - Hated them

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters

adamson

This is the way I do this and I have never seen this thread O___O Except I use a thinner towel and a larger (as thick as a beach towel, maybe) towel.

Krystle~Hime

adamson and others.. don't the heated towels burn your scalp o_o ?? it seems interesting but as OP stated, you must use gloves for not burning yourself.. but what about when applying it on scalp/hair. ??? :s :s :s

Lissa0821

I actually use both methods, I like the towel method when I prepoo with oil and my stand steamer for my deep conditioning. I do the towel method for my mid week wash and the stand steamer for my weekend wash.

Bublin

@adamson and others.. don't the heated towels burn your scalp o_o ?? it seems interesting but as OP stated, you must use gloves for not burning yourself.. but what about when applying it on scalp/hair. ??? :s :s :s

Why would the hot towel hit your scalp? It should be sitting on top of your hair.

adamson

adamson and others.. don't the heated towels burn your scalp o_o ?? it seems interesting but as OP stated, you must use gloves for not burning yourself.. but what about when applying it on scalp/hair. ??? :s :s :s

I either use a showercap over my hair or wet half of the towel in hot water. I'm somewhat careful of not scalding myself with water... it's happened before, but not with this method :ohwell:

Jewell

I'm still using my shower cap under a thick towel to let my natural body heat steam my hair. I'd love a pro steamer but would rather spend that money on a new gun. :look: Its workn great!

lustrous

i just did this. i washed and conditioned with the joico K-Pac line. Then i added garnier 3 minute recovery. Its a green squeeze bottle with peach colored product. I rubbed some EVOO in and did the wash cloth method. Half way through the process i didnt feel as though there was much steam and so i reheated the wash cloth and tried again. after ~30 min under the dryer i touched my hair and it was silken.

I rinsed with cold water for cuticle sealing. detangled wet (something i usually can't do) combing was a breeze. normally i have some breakage/snapping strands from combing wet hair but if there was any snapping going on this time- i couldnt hear it! I added paul mitchell - the conditioner leave in and sealed with Chi silk infusion and shea butter. My hair is still soft to the touch. it also seems as though all my shed hairs are just coming right out. no struggle with combing them all out. I think this method is a serious winner. my hair is air drying now and i look forward to seeing the end result. this will be a staple in my routine.

one question though- is the cold water rinse necessary? if possible, i'd like to skip it. brrrrr!

Last edited:

kimpaur

I have to incorporate this into my regimen!!This seems like this would be awesome for moisturizing and therefore retaining length!

lalla

When I don't have access to a steamer I do a similar method, except I wring out the towels before putting them in the microwave. Less risk of getting burned that way!

Step 1 is a dump hot towel directly on hair, plastic cap, then another wet towel on top of it?

It seems so simple, I’ll try this when I oil rinse

Aggie

I think I'll do the steamy hot damp towel with plastic cap, then my hot head thermal cap on top of all that for a great steamy deep conditioned session. Hmm, I may have to use my hot cabbie for the steamed towel and the microwave for the thermal cap so that everything will be hot all at the same time when I'm ready to put them all on my head :yep:.