Hits & Misses September 2014

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
ORS replenishing conditioner. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Anu Essentials Down Under Deep Conditioner. This is a good "moisture" Conditioner and I'm glad I kept it around. I hate that I can only buy this in her shop in Brooklyn, but I will be repurchasing.

Last edited:

Angelbean

Major miss: baggying my entire head overnight Nooo never again my thick head of fine textured strands clumped and matted something terrible...I will stick to only baggying my ends ONLY!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@oneastrocurlie

Sorry Sis.:blush:

I must have you mixed up with another Poster.:sad:

No it's the Bramhi Deep Conditioner.

I need to go in that thread to see who it was.

Anyway, your Hair & Color is Fly!:grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
EnExitStageLeft, thank you. Yes, CON can leave buildup so it's really good to know that SM doesn't. You Saludable84, I swear....I had talked myself out of purchasing but yeah, looks like that's out the door and I will be picking that up soon.

divachyk

Continued Hit:
NaturelleGrow Mango & Coconut Water - I cannot sing praises enough about this conditioner. It works on dry hair, damp hair, clean hair and dirty hair. It has a lot of slip and is highly moisturizing. It is taming my 11 week new growth very well. It has quickly moved its way up to being one of my top 3 DCners and that's saying something.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Continued Hit: NaturelleGrow Mango & Coconut Water - I cannot sing praises enough about this conditioner. It works on dry hair, damp hair, clean hair and dirty hair. It has a lot of slip and is highly moisturizing. It is taming my 11 week new growth very well. It has quickly moved its way up to being one of my top 3 DCners and that's saying something.

Well I hope you like the SM. It's not bad. And I promise, I used it with no positive expectations.

I'm glad you liked this Conditioner. I liked it, but didn't love it. I mean, it was good, have nothing bad to say, but I just didn't get the wow I was looking for. Maybe it was just me.

Healthb4Length

Major miss!

Me having spent hours flat ironing my hair, trimming my ends...the works. Only for it to rain the very next day, not just any kind of rain but torrential downpour and be humid and sticky when it's not raining. oh well

FemmeFatale

Potential Miss:

SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Styling Lotion: I thought this would be a great moisturizer, I've used it for two days and my hair doesn't feel that moisturized :-/
I have to add a sealing oil.

Kindheart

New Hits:Shea Moisture Curly Souffle(very soft curls) ,Motion shining pomade (great shine for ponys)Keracare Essential Oils
Current/Continued hits :Biolage Ultra hydrating Balm ,Blue Magic Mango Lime leave in and BM Argan Oil ,MHC Honey Hair Mask MHC type 4 cream .Keracare Humecto .Bioluxe Leave in.Afroveda Pur gelly

shtow

Hit - Avocado oil on my hair and skin.

My skin is less oily, but super supple and my hair is moisturized.

I've also noticed the Avocado oil from Mountain Rose Herbs is far superior than the version from GNC. Definitely the real stuff.

NaturallyATLPCH

Surprise hit: Ynobe Shop Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie

This actually works great as a moisturizer and smells phenomenal. Definitely a keeper.

Hit: HH The Sleeker the Butter conditioner for cowashing
I forgot just how moisturizing HH conditioners were. Staple.

iamyattababe

Phenomenal Hit

Aussie moist 3 minute miracle deep treatment..BAAAABY!!!! Listen, I have no idea why I didn't know about this product before but yes in one use it is now a staple!!

veesweets

Surprise hit: Ynobe Shop Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie This actually works great as a moisturizer and smells phenomenal. Definitely a keeper.

:cry: I miss this. I want it again so bad but if I get another "off" batch I'm gonna end up throwing it at the wall or out the window

KinkyGenius

40/60 Hit and Miss
Hairveda Jardin Silken & Soften Conditioner - Honestly, meh. This is really nothing to write home about, my hair didn't feel all that hydrated after using this but it didn't dry out my hair either so I guess the performance of this product was mediocre at best. If you have Sitrinillah in your stash, just stick to using that from this line because it is far superior to this conditioner. I might try to sell this one because I have 3 other DCs I recently purchased and 3 Sitrinillah condishs from my Black Friday haul in my stash.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

:cry: I miss this. I want it again so bad but if I get another "off" batch I'm gonna end up throwing it at the wall or out the window

Lol! Yeah I had that problem with the DC. Luckily this batch was okay. Her line would be great if there were no consistency issues. I have back ups lol...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hit:
Afroveda's Coconut Hair Milk Conditioner (R/O) - will try to pick up x1 from Hattache on BF instead of dealing directly with Afroveda.:perplexed

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
New Vendors J. Monique's Naturals, APB, Happy Nappy Honey (now Honey Handmade right?) and Keravada are hitting on everything for me right now. :grin:

APB Scents I've only tried three so far. The two that I will always choose are Lemon Poundcake and Green Apple (smells like a green apple jolly rancher :yep:)

APB's Not Easily Broken Conditioner Loved the smell (green apple) and the consistency. Medium thick. It was hard to get out the bottle towards the end so I didn't like that. I would say this is a light to medium protein. I used it as a cowash conditioner.

J. Monique's Naturals Irish Moss & Cocoa Deep Conditioner When it arrived it wasn't as thick as I like dc's to be. I let it sit for a day or two and it is just fine. I did not put it in the fridge or anything, I just let it sit. So now when I turn over the container that dc ain't moving. It smells like cocoa. In the jar, in your hands, and in your hair. Once it is rinsed, the smell does not linger. I noticed when I opened the jar I saw little pieces in it. I wasn't concerned bc in my mind they were supposed to be there . They looked blue :. So the first time I used it I picked out 2-3 pieces of grit out of my hair. This last time, no pieces of grit. One time I sat with a plastic cap on, followed by a steam with this dc. Another time I only used it with a plastic cap. Same results both times. My hair felt and looked amazing.

J Monique's Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli The scent is skrong but I like this dc. It's not a very wet conditioner if that makes sense. I've used it with just a plastic cap and I've steamed with it. Both results were great. Very, very moisturized hair.

J Monique's Naturals Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Hair Mask Smells like cocoa. This had my hair curled from root to tip just wearing a plastic cap. Hair very clean and moisturized. The advantage I would give to HNH's detox mask is that it's effect was more immediate. It took J Monique a little longer. That's fine. I plan to continue to buy both.

Happy Nappy Honey's Knot Going Bananas Update I've now determined that this product is an excellent detangler, moisturizer, and cowash conditioner.

Happy Nappy Honey's Knot in my Fro Joe Update I've now determined that this product is an an excellent moisturizer and cowash conditioner. Matter of fact this conditioner gives me the best wash & go ever every single time.

Shortening my routine I dc for 30 minutes only now and it has changed my life :lachen:

MISSES
APB Scent Birthday cake :nono:. I know a lot of people like this one but it is too sickeningly sweet for me.

Mixing Wheat Protein or Silk Amino Acids in my conditioners I used to do this and didn't have an issues. Now I feel it affects the consistency of the product too much. I have since put each in spray bottles and plan to spray my hair directly.

Conditioners that are marketed as cowash conditioners or cleansing conditioners I know I only tried two (Happy Nappy Honey and Shea Moisture)but either they were too drying and I needed to follow up with another conditioner (HNH) or I couldn't tell the difference bw it and a regular conditioner (SM). So I will continue with a regular conditioner to cowash.

J Monique's Natural's Natural Deodorant It was too oily for me. I could see it on my clothes. Also I should have gotten unscented bc the smell was too much. In terms of how well it worked? It was decent. I only wore it for a few hours but it did its job. Even if I got unscented the oiliness makes it a no go for me.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit: SM Manuka honey shampoo. Definitely liking this.

Miss: SM Manuka Honey Masque. No slip. Only left my bone straight ends soft. The rest was still a bit rough and dry feeling. I didn't deep condition again though, just proceeded to roller set. My hair came out pretty good, still feels soft, but I'll just stick with the shampoo. When i get the courage to try again, I'll try under the steamer versus the hair dryer, but until then I'm gonna empty these bottles of APB and Silk Dreams.

Beamodel

Continued Hits...

Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque
Leaves my hair so soft & moisturized. It smells great too. Honey & Figs. Staple status....

APB
Leave in pudding (birthday cake). Leaves my hair so soft & lush

APB
Ayurvedic oil (birthday cake)
Soft, soft hair.

APB
Pumpkin & Fennel oil (marshmallow clouds)
Soft delicious smelling hair

spellinto

Continued hit: Softee Protein Gel...I tried looking for a more natural alternative but nothing really I've encountered thus far does the job the way this does.

Beamodel

Continued Hit

HH pink Lemon Berry Mimosa

This moisturizer is serious for my hair. It makes my hair incredibly soft. Not too many moisturizers do that for my hair either.

divachyk

Miss: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo

Although it cleans well and does not leave any buildup, my hair became severely tangled at the line of demarcation. My hair has not been this tangled in a very long time...almost a year now...so I'm very certain the shampoo was the issue. My new growth and my length really enjoyed the shampoo though. It's definitely a good shampoo, it's just not good for my tangle prone hair. I don't know that I intend to try this shampoo again seeing how it took hours to detangle my hair.

Platinum

Continued hit:

Daily spritz with Aloe Vera Juice and water
Locs. I'm 4 months into my loc'd journey now :grin: I should have done this years ago.

New Hit:

Dudu Osum shampoo. :yep:

nymane

Continued Mega Hits:

Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla DC
Silicon Mix (original) DC
Lacio lacio leave-in
Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme
Aphogee 2 step treatment