February 2015 Hits & Misses

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Super Hit
Cantu Shea Butter Detangling Conditioner for Kids - I unraveled my braids, sprayed it on dry hair and the comb slid through alladis new growth with ease. Very impressed with it each time I've used it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
New Hit:
SD Go Moist Shampoo: Lovely lather and very gentle. Hair is soft and not stripped at all.

Continued Hits:

APB Hair Cream & QB BRBC, QB AOHC. All of these leave my hair very moisturized for days.

APB Infused oils (all): Soft, shiny hair after sealing...great in dcers and on scalp.

Neutral:
BRB Cocoa Rhassoul (now Chocolate Rose Mask or something): Loved the consistency and application to my hair was great. It didn't make much difference in my moisture levels.

Jakeala Flax Hibiscus DC/Cowash: ^^same

Miss:
BRB Pumpkin Puree, Coconut Hair Milk, Toasted Marshmallow, and Blueberry Hair Cream

These all smell so yummy, especially the Pumpkin Puree, but my hair had no moisture the next day. :(

The last thing I have to try from my BRB stash is the Okra Curl Cream. I don't have my hopes up.

Anaisin

New Hit:
SD Go Moist Shampoo: Lovely lather and very gentle. Hair is soft and not stripped at all.

Continued Hits:

APB Hair Cream & QB BRBC, QB AOHC. All of these leave my hair very moisturized for days.

APB Infused oils (all): Soft, shiny hair after sealing...great in dcers and on scalp.

Neutral:
BRB Cocoa Rhassoul (now Chocolate Rose Mask or something): Loved the consistency and application to my hair was great. It didn't make much difference in my moisture levels.

Jakeala Flax Hibiscus DC/Cowash: ^^same

Miss:
BRB Pumpkin Puree, Coconut Hair Milk, Toasted Marshmallow, and Blueberry Hair Cream

These all smell so yummy, especially the Pumpkin Puree, but my hair had no moisture the next day. :(

The last thing I have to try from my BRB stash is the Okra Curl Cream. I don't have my hopes up.

The BRB Blueberry cream is a skin/body product.

Use after shower and or bath. In order to get the most benefits apply while skin is damp.

Olive Squalane is readily absorbed into the skin because it resembles the natural oils produced by the body. It is believed to lubricate and protect the skin. Some of the benefits of using Olive Squalane can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, & boost cell regeneration.

nmartin20

A HUGE MISS for me was having 6 jars of SM Purification Masque that went bad prior to the expiration date.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The BRB Blueberry cream is a skin/body product.

Use after shower and or bath. In order to get the most benefits apply while skin is damp.

Olive Squalane is readily absorbed into the skin because it resembles the natural oils produced by the body. It is believed to lubricate and protect the skin. Some of the benefits of using Olive Squalane can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, & boost cell regeneration.

Anaisin it can be used on the body, but it is for hair according to her website when I purchased.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

oneastrocurlie

Beija Flor Creme Brulee
Gives me soft twists and was able to use a tiny bit on my straightened natural hair with no issues. Smells good too!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Nightingale, I'm so glad I read this post. I've been looking at the site for bases and saw this. Thanks for this review!

Did you already purchase from them? I want to give you a quick review for the conditioners I bought from them.

The Creme Conditioner is a good, basic, rinseout conditioner. Thicker than Tresemme and with better ingredients. If you dont mind wheat protein and glycerin, it makes a decent leave in product too. I haven't tried cowashing with it, but I may do it soon since I have some to get rid of.

The Deep Conditioning Cream is a thick conditioner. Its a mix of moisture and protein. It has never given me hard hair. It can be used as cowash, leave in, rinseout, and DC, but I've only used it to DC. Great product.

The Organicals Reconstructor is their hard protein DC. I've only DCed with it and have never gotten hard hair. Same consistency as the other conditioners and easy to apply. Another good product.

The Intense Moisture Cream is my favorite because its glycerin and protein free, making it good for a leave in and DC for me. I usually steam with it and style without rinsing it out. It can also be used as a cowash or rinseout, but I've never tried using it that way. Too expensive. *Note: this conditioner is just as thick and gel-like as the others, but has a richer, heavier feel. Not greasy, but definitely heavier than the other conditioners.

Once I use up all of my conditioners, the only two I'd repurchase would be the Deep Conditioning Cream and the Intense Moisture Cream. Since I no longer relax, hard protein isn't needed for me and I prefer glycerin and protein free leave ins. I'd rather buy Tresemme if I need a rinseout conditioner. I hate paying that much and rinsing it down the drain.

Oh yeah: All of them gave me plenty of slip, making detangling a breeze.

Last edited:

CodeRed

Hit: VO5 Sun-Kissed Raspberry Conditioner. Good, good stuff. Smoothed down and moisturized my hair to the point of having me contemplate whether or not I really need that touch-up on Monday. My hair is soft and smells really, really good too even though the scent is already wearing off (I cowashed a couple of hours ago).

Desert Skye

It's a 10 leave in conditioner. All this time I only wanted to use thick creamy leave in conditioners, but since trying this....damn my hair is bouncy and so healthy. All is time I guess my cream leave in conditioners were weighing down my hair.

I am looking to buy the hair mask next

cocopuff

Hits
Acure Organics Triple Moisture Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner

Earthly Delight Natural Herbal Shampoo
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner
Honey
Pumpkin Seed Oil

Eisani

Hits: BRB Chocolate Rose dc, Toasted Marshmallow, and Marshmallow Cream Gel.

I used these on wash day to dc and put my hair in twists. After rinsing the conditioner, my curls were defined, fluffy, light, and bouncy. I used the Toasted Marshmallow as my leave in, and the Cream Gel to twist. The gel gave a nice soft hold, and I haven't had to reapply any type of moisturizer to the length of my twists in two or three days. I even took down a few twists to make them smaller and my hair is still super soft and supple.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

ACV Spritz for my scalp itchies
Qhemet Biologics Tea Tree pomade for the itchies
Protective Styling, no muss , no fuss.

Sorta Miss, Mostly Hits

BellezzaNaturaleSkin soaps. They smell really good and have a creamy texture but very little lather. It takes a lot to get a good soaping on. I'm used to bubbles frothing off of Sheamoisture/Nubian Heritage soaps.

Last edited:

caliscurls

Hit:

Ditching protective styling 3 weekends in a row and enjoying my hair. It has really helped me to see just how much progress has been made in the last year. It has also given me the opportunity to play with different styles.