February 2015 Hits & Misses

Barbara

Princess
@Kimiche, I have the conditioning creamy hair lotion.
I will snap a picture of my label and will edit this post. brb.

Creamy Hair Lotion
Water (Aqua) , Canola Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Fragrance , Stearalkonium Chloride , Glycol Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract , Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape) , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Silk Amino Acids , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin

I'm looking forward to getting this in April. Thanks! :yay:

Barbara

Princess
Yes!!! @divachyk I'm glad you like it as well. :yep: I love the ingredients too. I notice that there are two kinds of Cantu lotions on the market though. One that just says creamy lotion and the one that I bought at Target that says conditioning creamy lotion. I wonder what gives. :scratchch

Which one is the best? I guess I'll have to compare the ingredients on the label.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Hit:

Purabody Naturals Cupuacu Butter

Miss:

Running out

(I am going to try to get my stash down before I replace it, but I have penciled it in as a staple.)

PlainJane

Hit: adding overnight DCs to my regimen to help use up my conditioner stash

Miss: my curling wand smh

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Hit: adding overnight DCs to my regimen to help use up my conditioner stash

Miss: my curling wand smh

PlainJane

What happened with your curling wand? I recently bought a Conair curling wand but I still haven't used it. What problems have you experienced with it?

ETA:

Hit:
Bass Semi S Shaped Brush

This brush held me down during the heaviest detangling session of my life. It also helped me blow dry. This is no longer a staple, its a holy grail.

In other news, I am going to have to leave finger detangling for anymore than 2 months straight alone.

My hair freaks out with mats and knots every 3 months when I finger detangle, not at all when I comb my hair. I have to start listening to my hair.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Continued Hit: Ingredients to Die For's Intense Moisture Hair Cream.

My tub of conditioner finally arrived after a long shipping delay and after opening it I was reminded of why I love it so much. It's so thick and creamy and performs miracles on my hair. Intense Moisture Cream, I will never stray from thee!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
REVISITED HUGE CONTINUED HIT:
BeeMine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er:love:

*using it again reminded me why I loved it so much*:drool:

EVEN BIGGER HIT:
Having x2 Jars of it:love2:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo I love my wand, it's the only form of heat I use, but now that I'm this far into my transition the curls don't last at all. Less than two hours. I don't use it higher than 360. Those things are dangerous though http://instagram.com/p/zV5t-PnMfK/

PlainJane

Thank you for the review and advice! :bighug:

Yeah my hair is fully natural so you made me realize the curls will probably fall out of my hair too.

Its going to be a once in a blue moon thing for me then and not for reliable styling with predictable results.

Last edited:

kupenda

Hit:
HV Acai Berry Phyto to cowash last night. Pleasantly surprised to have soft, unfrizzy hair and defined curlicues. That Acai has been on the back burner for awhile because it dried me out

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit:
HV Acai Berry Phyto to cowash last night. Pleasantly surprised to have soft, unfrizzy hair and defined curlicues. That Acai has been on the back burner for awhile because it dried me out

@kupenda

I have a bottle of this I've been saving!:love: Will pull this out again in the Spring

Good Review. :up:

Holla

On the fence:

Aveda Smooth Infusion. It "progressively loosens curls for a straight style" - meh.

My stylist used it in my hair two weeks ago. My hair was nice and straight - but she also blow-dried and flat ironed my hair as well so I wasn't sure if it worked. She said it lasts up to 3 shampoos. I just washed my hair and my hair reverted. My hair felt slightly (ever so slightly) different. Looser? Dunno. If it did anything it was maybe a 5% difference. I plan to use it again tomorrow because I will flat iron again.

charmtreese

charmtreese I saw this at Marshalls and was tempted to get it. Someone musta screwed up the price labels because the big jar was $7.99 and the small jar was $12.99. lol All of them were priced that way too. I'm loving the argan oil line though!!!!

That's where I found it too. The product doesn't have many reviews, but the reviews it does have are all positive which is why I decided to give it a try!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hit:

@kupenda

I have a bottle of this I've been saving!:love: Will pull this out again in the Spring

Good Review. :up:

I have some but have never used it. It's kinda old though so hopefully it hasn't gone bad. IDareT'sHair kupenda I will try it for co-washing whenever I use it -- thanks for review.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
divachyk

Yeah, I like all HV Conditioners for my Spring/Summer Cowashes.

I like them all (even though Acai Phyto Berry & Red Roobis get "mixed" reviews).

Moist 24/7
MoistPRO
Acai Phyto Berry
Red Roobis & Argan
Amala Cleanse (for Cleansing)

These are my annual Spring/Summer go-to's. They fairly inexpensive. All 16oz.

On every level, they are a win-win for my Regimen during this time.

NaturallyATLPCH

Continued Hit: Ingredients to Die For's Intense Moisture Hair Cream.

My tub of conditioner finally arrived after a long shipping delay and after opening it I was reminded of why I love it so much. It's so thick and creamy and performs miracles on my hair. Intense Moisture Cream, I will never stray from thee!

Nightingale, I'm so glad I read this post. I've been looking at the site for bases and saw this. Thanks for this review!

NaturallyATLPCH

Holy Grail Hits: Bellezza Naturale Skin Refresher Spray and JAkeala Shea Castor Hemp Parfait
Epiphany Hit: No longer using or purchasing anything that's marketed as a leave in conditioner

Oh, and only encountering two single strand knots in one week after wearing hair out. I'm finally doing something right. :yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Blue Roze Chai Hair Tea - I used this as a pre-poo detangler. :up: :up:
Blue Roze Pumpkin Puree :love: :lick: the scent and moisture is divine!

I'm ordering more right now!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Do you mean the Chocolate Rose Hair Mask? I have it. There is a Coco Rose creamy shampoo and a Coco Rose Leave-in Conditioner. Is that what you meant?

The Pumpkin Hair Whip is still out of stock.
Trust me. As soon as it's back in stock, I will get it. :lol:

@january noir

Yes..that one.:yep:

Chocolate Rose Hair Mask. :lick:

You should convo her & ask when the Pumpkin Hair Whip will be back in stock.

(Too avoid additional shipping cost).:perplexed

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
january noir

The Manuka Honey is suppose to be very good too.

I have it in my Stash, but have not tried it (yet).

I have it! I was able to get everything you recommended except for the Pumpkin Seed Hair Whip. I just sent her an email. I'll see what she says.
I think I'm going to go ahead and place an order anyway for the following:

Marshmallow cream gel
Vanilla Rose Defining Cream
Curly Coconut Custard
Toasted Marshmallows - toasted marshmallows
Chai Hair Tea (re-up)