Claudie's Pomades & Butters

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hits

Hairitage Hydration Refresher Coarse Quemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Claudie's Revitalizing Temple Balm & Tiffany Ceramide pomade
Mission Condition Hair Candy & Terraforma
Vo5 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner
Using Diluted shampoo focusing on my scalp before I wash.
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Miss

Using shampoo straight without it being diluted to some capacity whether sulfate or non sulfate, my hair rebels now if I don't dilute it. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

oneastrocurlie

Hits
Marley twists
APB Hair Tonic - I love a good refresher spray/spritz
APB Hurry up and Grow oil
Only buying one hair product for myself last month

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Qhemet Biologics Tea Tree pomade, getting these itchies under control

Miss

The tea tree smell lingers if I'm heavy handed with the pomade

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Continued Hits
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Therappe
Tension Blow Drying (cool air)

Revisited Hit
SCurl for my braids - the key has been to not overly spritz to avoid gummy hair.

natura87

Surpriseding Hit

Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee on dry day old hair on top of a creamy leave in. :lick:

nymane

Continued Hit
Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor

New Hit
Panthenol & Germen de Trigo leave-in...this is a dupe for the original formula of lacio lacio!

Eisani

Continued Hit
Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor

New Hit
Panthenol & Germen de Trigo leave-in...this is a dupe for the original formula of lacio lacio!
Are they made by the same company? DD loves Lacio2 for her rollersets, and I love it for flat ironing.

nymane

Are they made by the same company? DD loves Lacio2 for her rollersets, and I love it for flat ironing.

Yep, same company...I really can't tell the difference performance wise, but the scent is different (it smells like skittles). Excellent leave-in though!

atlien11

Hit:
- Steaming twice a week (or at least once) with professional steamer at home

Trying to make this a Hit:
- Rhassoul Clay (almost got this down, still experimenting)
- Finger detangling more often versus every step of the way with my Tek brush on wash day

Miss:
- I tried putting my WNG in twists at last night vs a pineapple. My hair no likey.

Last edited:

Anaisin

Miss

Cantu co wash. It cleansed my hair well it just didn't have the slip and moisture I needed. Still a nice non harsh cleanser though, my scalp feels good

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Consistent Hits :yep:
Con Argan oil shampoo
Keracare Humecto
Chi Silk Infusion
Neutrogena Silk Touch cream
Pure argan oil

Miss :nono:
Suave Keratin Infusion dry shampoo
-The smell filled my whole house
-It was hard to brush out the residue
-My hair started to frizz afterwards
-I didn't have the same swing I got from Walgreens brand

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Revisited Hit:
Huetiful Deep Conditioner
Liquid Gold's Green Magic

Continued Hits:
ED JBCO
Tea Rinsing
Coffee Rinsing
Steaming
Wigging through this cold weather

Kimiche

Hit!!!

Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion

I love this hair lotion a lot. :grin: This is now my staple daily moisturizer and I hope it continues to work. I actually picked this up last month during a trip to Target and I was really frustrated at the time, because none of the moisturizers that I've ever tried worked. Most worked for a day, two or a week max and then my hair would either feel dry or just coated.

This keeps my hair feeling soft and manageable. I almost avoided it because glycerin is the second ingredient and I've tried products in the past where if it contained glycerin, my hair would get hard and dry. This one is different and it smells good too.

Attachments

• Cantu Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion.jpg
    Cantu Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 25

CodeRed

Hit: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner. I like it a lot. Not more than Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner yet but it's good.

Kind of miss: Aloe vera gel on hair. It makes my hair really soft but "tacky" and dull. I had put it away for my skin and decided to pull it out again... nope. Tried it different ways/times. Better on skin.

Continued hits:

- Rinsing hair well before cleansing

- "Shampooing" with VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner (mega hit)

- Steaming deep treatments of any kind in

- Co-washing

- Not combing through my conditioner in the shower. It seemed like a good idea for a while because at the time I was shampooing my hair more, it would dry out and cause tangles. Combing the conditioner through in the shower caused less damage from tangled hair after the shower. Now that I don't shampoo as much my hair is already detangled from co-washing well so there's not a need to detangle in the shower with a comb.

- Being well on my way to using up my stash. I'm glad I joined that challenge because not only did I discover different ways to use stuff I already have, but I started using stuff in my daughter's stash too :lol: She has a $10 gallon of conditioner in her stash that smells like apples and the 4th ingredient is hydrolyzed keratin. WHY I did not pay attention to that before I do not know. I could have been using this all along for my protein treatments instead of buying other stuff.

SheWalks

She has a $10 gallon of conditioner in her stash that smells like apples and the 4th ingredient is hydrolyzed keratin. WHY I did not pay attention to that before I do not know. I could have been using this all along for my protein treatments instead of buying other stuff.

What conditioner is this? I'm in need of protein

Kimiche

Kimiche, I really like it a lot too.

Yes!!! divachyk I'm glad you like it as well. :yep: I love the ingredients too. I notice that there are two kinds of Cantu lotions on the market though. One that just says creamy lotion and the one that I bought at Target that says conditioning creamy lotion. I wonder what gives. :scratchch

Attachments

• Cantu Creamy Lotion.jpg
    Cantu Creamy Lotion.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Cantu Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion.jpg
    Cantu Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 30

CodeRed

What conditioner is this? I'm in need of protein

It's Marianna Nature's Advantage Conditioner in Fresh Apple. They have different scents.... I got it at one beauty supply for $9.99 and the other had it for $7.99 so the price is usually $10 and under. It's on houseofbeautyworld.com too. It's supposedly concentrated so it would make a good base for something.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits = Da' Oils (in no particular order):

Extra Virgin Coconut
Extra Virgin Olive
Pure Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seed
Pure Black Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Flax Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Avocado
Pure Argan Oil
Pure Grape Seed
Pure Jojoba Oil
Pure Hemp Seed
Extra Dark Jamaican Castor

Oils Rule:cup:

spacetygrss

Hit:
Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Texture Manageability System.
This is the first time in almost 14 years of being natural that I've been able to really get my hair straight. I didn't even have to turn the flatiron on high and my hair is relaxer straight. Assuming that my hair reverts to normal as promised, I'll use this again in the future when I want to do a really good trim ( I have the kind of hair that can dang near be tortured with a marcel iron and shrivel right back up with any amount of humidity, so I'm not overly concerned about it reverting back to my natural texture).

veesweets

Hits:
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion!!!
APB Ayurvedic oil
Aloe vera gel
Curl Junkie repair me
Cinnamon sugar scent from Jakeela :lick:
JBCO

Misses:
APB Hibiscus Pomegranate oil
Silk Dreams mocha silk infusion (paticularly the smell)

On the fence:
Jessicurl cleansing cream

Honi

There is no board.
Hit: CON Argan oil shampoo.
Kenra conditioner with heat. This shampoo will reject some conditioner greats and now I have two I can use with it yeah!