Hits & Misses April 2014

PJaye

Hit: Silicon Mix Bambu. It provides an incredible amount of moisture slip and softness. IMO, this can easily be a substitute for the ORS Replenishing DC.

Angelicus

HIT:

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner - I didn't care for it as a conditioner, not a lot of slip/softness, but as a leave-in conditioner, it is AMAZING. It feels like a salon quality product. I'm not saying I like it better than the leave-in I was using beforehand-- but it made my hair feel like I came out of a salon. I also like the smell. Reminds me of Carol's Daughter Coco Mango Lotion.

Still on the fence:
ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer - I need to use as directed before making a decision. Will use alone tonight and post review. I used it on a braidout and of course it left my hair dry.

Beamodel

Hit
Combining SSI Coco Cream Leave in with APB Blueberry Cheesecake Leave in Spray

Sealing with APB Buttercream hair cream & HV Avosoya oil

Angelbean

New hit: hairitage hydration forest green forest blue applied to my trouble area it's helped so much with the itchy mildly irritated areas!!

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Newest Hit
Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair - left my hair super smooth and soft

Continued Hit
Tension blow drying with cold air - really making managing 23 weeks of NG bearable

Miss
How long it takes me to tension blow dry - I really need to do better and get faster; 2 hours for 8 sections of hair is unacceptable :hardslap:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Continued Hits:

Organix Coconut Water Hydration Oil

Oyin Hair Dew

Newest Hit:

Straight Avocado Butter (It is the first time I am cracking it open after all this time, I am happy I did!)

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hit: Using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner as a leave-in/styler.

Results: super defined, curly-coily twist-outs, moisturized hair, and easy detangling. I also like that I can find it in local stores and a little goes a long way so one bottle will last me 1-2 months when used as a leave-in/ styler.

Plus, as a fine-haired natural, the protein in it adds some strunff to my fragile strands.

I'm over here retainin' like a mug, :lol:!

veesweets

veesweets I use their satin roots leave in underneath and a bit of jbco to help with the moisture issue but I get some nice twist out using this , sometimes ill use their coil gel as well, they are good stuff

I liked the satin roots a lot the first 3/4ths of my transition, but then I needed something a bit more substantial. I was looking at their newer gel that's glycerin free (I think it's called curl factor?). I may give it a try this summer

TeeBee

Hit: Using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner as a leave-in/styler. Results: super defined, curly-coily twist-outs, moisturized hair, and easy detangling. I also like that I can find it in local stores and a little goes a long way so one bottle will last me 1-2 months when used as a leave-in/ styler. Plus, as a fine-haired natural, the protein in it adds some strunff to my fragile strands. I'm over here retainin' like a mug, :lol:!
YESSSSS!!!!!! I was over here lonely, liiiike why nobody else up on that smooth as silk tip?! Ain't it the bomb??? JulietWhiskey

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hit

Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk. Left my hair fluffy and soft after washing it out, and the best part is that I didn't really have to use heat.

NaturallyATLPCH

Continued Mega Hits:

APB Leave Ins, Creams, and Puddings

Nothing else...NOTHING else has touched my hair ALL MONTH LONG but this line. That is HUGE for me!

Oh and I would just like to add that after selling the majority of my stylers/moisturizers and replacing them with these, nothing else in that category will touch my head but this line. My hair is just too moisturized to risk it. :yep:

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:

Canceling my Annabelle's order. As much as I love and want to try the line. I need to use what I have up first. *LE SIGH

Hairfinity....it works and I think I've found my staple vitamin. Thats not going to stop me from trying Manetabolism when I'm done though :lachen:

Miss:

No buys. THEY SUCK!

Jace032000

I would have to co-sign on EnExitStageLeft 's hit…Hair Infinity was a MAJOR hit for me this month. My hair grew AND RETAINED about an inch-and-a-half of growth….that doesn't just "happen" for me.

reeko43

Continued hits since the beginning of this year:

Bobeam Cocoa Rhassoul shampoo bar for hair and face
Darcys Pumpkin Seed conditioner for dc
SD MSI for protein
Darcys Cocoa Bean smoothing cream for leave in
My own version of coffee butter made after a bad HH experience. Use on hair and body and my family and friends love it and use themselves.

Hair Therapy Wrap for dc. Had mine for almost 4 years and still going strong.

Buff Cuff - love

Biggist hit of all - not having to buy another product for the rest of this year

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits (in no particular order):
DevaCurl No Poo
N'Joi CreationS Green Tea Hair Butter
Afroveda's Ginseng & Moringa Hair Detangler
BoBeam's Hair Rootz Hair Oil (Peppermint)
Slippery Elm & Marshmallow Root Tea Rinse Combo
Mehandi.com Body Art Quality Henna for African American & Relaxed Hair

Revisited Hit:
Aubrey Organics White Cameila DC'er

Beamodel

Serious HIT
SD Destination Hydration as a leave in/moisturizer & sealed with Avocado oil

My ends are incredibly soft and smooth

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Hits
Shea Moisture Tahitian Moni and Monois Smooth and Repair Line
The products work well individually as well as in a system. Blow drying and flat ironing was easier and faster. I do think the rinse out conditioner is the stand out product from the line

Redken Shades EQ color gloss
I tried the onyx with the violet kicker. Hair was all black (no hint of purple anywhere) and no dryness or breakage

Renewing my LHCF subscriptions

Misses
Ion Color Solutions Healing Leave-In Treatment
Doesn't do anything for my hair except leave a white residue

On the Fence
My current rollersetting technique
I think I used too much oil and should have used a gel for more hold.

TheNDofUO

No misses
Hits:
ORS Nourishing Conditioner - I was scared when they bottled it bit it's just as good but now more economical for me!
Aunt Jackie's curling custard (as a moisturiser) and whatever the blue jar is called as a cowash - love love love
Almond oil - light oil but don't have to worry about melting like coconut
Frequent detangling

Angelicus

HIT:

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner - I didn't care for it as a conditioner, not a lot of slip/softness, but as a leave-in conditioner, it is AMAZING. It feels like a salon quality product. I'm not saying I like it better than the leave-in I was using beforehand-- but it made my hair feel like I came out of a salon. I also like the smell. Reminds me of Carol's Daughter Coco Mango Lotion.

Still on the fence:
ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer - I need to use as directed before making a decision. Will use alone tonight and post review. I used it on a braidout and of course it left my hair dry.

HIT:
I really like the ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer! After my hair dried, it was a little hard, like using setting lotion. I added a touch of Silk Dreams PRE to my hair and it looked (and felt) fantastic! :love:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Miss: Moptop Curly Custard

I loved it when my hair was wet. Then it dried and my hair had a ghastly white film plus flakes. Grrrrr!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Continued Hits:

APB Hair and Body Butta

Avocado Butter

Extra Virgin Avocado oil

OGX Coconut Water Hydration Oil

Revisited Hit:

Oyin Hair Dew

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
New Instant Hit: Nexxus Polymedic Emergencee Reconstructor. Smooth turned out again by another new product, :yep: Well new to me :look:

Continued Hits:
  • Renewing my LHCF Membership, so I can fellowship with my E-Sistahs about hair, health, and skin!
  • SD Vanilla Silk Moisture Dream
  • SD Wheat Germ Butter Condish
  • SD Creme De La Silk
  • SD Nourish Oil in Pink Sugar

KinkyRN

Hit: myhoneychild olive you scalp cleanser nice shampoo and is oil based.
Still loving my long aid curl activator
Herbal essences naked cleansing conditioner
Realizing my hair wants some kind of protein every wash day

Miss: Hairveda doesn't seem so good after using long aid curl activator only for almost 2 weeks