February 2015 Hits & Misses

SweetlyCurly

Hit: Jakeala'so nappy butter. BEST leave in conditioner ever. Can use on its own and the scent I got was grace (peach Bellini).

Hit: Camille rose whipped butter gel. I had used it before and hair came out a bit dry and a bit frizzy. The trick is to make sure you really put on a moisturizing leave in under it. Been using it exclusively for the past couple of weeks. Hair is defined and oh so big like I like it.

Hit: using SM purification mask as a Cowash. It really gets rid of itchies and cleans hair.

Hit: doing LOC instead of LCO.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
New Hits

Kanechom Shea Butter mixed with Nexuss Humectress
Nexuss Keraphix Shampoo diluted
Agua Bomba Setting lotion
Yes to Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
Overnight HOT using ED JBCO
Quemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Hairitage Hydration Refresher Coarse

mrsroberson86

Hits
Moroccanoil hydration hair mask
Moroccanoil styling cream
Moroccanoil treatment (all from the hydration line)
Redken anti snap
It's a 10 leave in
Chi iron guard
Chi silk infusion
Kinky curly knot today for my daughter

Kindheart

Hits : Alaffia everyday Shea conditioner . Moisturised my hair and made it very soft.
Pantene relaxed and natural Shampoo and conditioner : I had good results with this combo although I prefer the conditioner to the shampoo .
Khiels Silk styling cream - excellent beats frizz ,style and moisturises my hair all at once.
Miss: Organix dry oil : didn't do much for my hair .

oneastrocurlie

New Hits:
My diy deep conditioning cap

Continued hits:
Seamless comb
SSI Fortifying Masque
Redken Color Magnetics Shampoo

On the fence:
Lottabody curl and style milk - it isn't the most moisturizing and I'm not a fan of the smell. Oh and fragrance is the 5th ingredient. Smh.

nymane

New Hits

Kanechom Shea Butter mixed with Nexuss Humectress
Nexuss Keraphix Shampoo diluted
Agua Bomba Setting lotion
Yes to Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum
Overnight HOT using ED JBCO
Quemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Hairitage Hydration Refresher Coarse

flyygirlll2 Did you use the Agua Bomba for a roller set? Can you describe how your hair felt when it dried? I have this "setting lotion" but I'm afraid to try it because I don't know if it'll make the hair feel "crunchy" like a traditional setting lotion. Does it provide hold? If so, is it light, medium, or strong? Thanks!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 Did you use the Agua Bomba for a roller set? Can you describe how your hair felt when it dried? I have this "setting lotion" but I'm afraid to try it because I don't know if it'll make the hair feel "crunchy" like a traditional setting lotion. Does it provide hold? If so, is it light, medium, or strong? Thanks!

nymane yes I used it for the roller set I did yesterday. My hair felt soft when it dried, no crunchy feeling at all thankfully. I typically steer away from setting lotions due to crunchiness. I would say it has a light hold IMO and I used a lot too because I wanted to make sure my hair was well saturated so I could get a smooth set. so far I really like it. Hope that helps :)

PJaye

Unexpected Hit: Siamese Twists Olive Bhringraj Sugared Pink Hair Cream

This is a dense, whipped butter that has great ingredients and an aroma that smells faintly of sugar. I’ve used this product was used several times as a sealant after applying a creamy leave-in conditioner on both freshly washed and slightly dampened hair. With each use, I received the exact same results: Immediately after application, it gives my hair a dull, white cast. However, once the product had fully absorbed into my strands, it produced extremely soft, shiny and ridiculously smooth hair that lasts for several days without refreshing. To be clear, this stuff laid my hair down as if it were a gel! And, although my hair remained untouched for three full days, the soft, silky smoothness persisted...despite sleeping, scratching and sticking pens into it. This unassuming white cream (I have no idea why it’s labeled as “pink”) blew me away.

CodeRed

Hit:

BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) Moisture Plus Conditioner - this stuff is good. It made my hair very sleek ... my hair is way less "poufy" than it has been in a while and this was just after a co-wash. I like it a lot.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Yes!!! divachyk I'm glad you like it as well. :yep: I love the ingredients too. I notice that there are two kinds of Cantu lotions on the market though. One that just says creamy lotion and the one that I bought at Target that says conditioning creamy lotion. I wonder what gives. :scratchch

Kimiche, I have the conditioning creamy hair lotion.
I will snap a picture of my label and will edit this post. brb.

Creamy Hair Lotion
Water (Aqua) , Canola Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Fragrance , Stearalkonium Chloride , Glycol Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract , Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape) , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Silk Amino Acids , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin

Attachments

• 20150210_211228-1.jpg
    20150210_211228-1.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Sweet Nature By Eddie: CS, Shipping Costs & Ship Time, Assortment of Sizes/Prices (4,8,12,16,32,64) ounce sizes
Sweet Nature By Eddie: Spirit Hair Creme

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
IDareT'sHair all those various sizes offered and shipping cost sounds like a line I need to check out :lick:

Miss

All the snow storms that this state has been getting:sad: USPS can't deliver my packages due to the fact that there's hardly anywhere to walk. Now I have to find the time to go to the post office and pick up my stuff:rolleyes::perplexed

Kimiche

Kimiche, I have the conditioning creamy hair lotion.
I will snap a picture of my label and will edit this post. brb.

Creamy Hair Lotion
Water (Aqua) , Canola Oil , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth 20 , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Fragrance , Stearalkonium Chloride , Glycol Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia) , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) , Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract , Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape) , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Silk Amino Acids , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin

divachyk Thanks for posting this and for snapping a shot of your bottle. :grin: The one that you have is exactly what I have as well. I love it and I thought I wouldn't because glycerin is the second ingredient. :yep:

Platinum

Hit:

Interlock method for retouching my locs.
Dudu Osum Herbal Shampoo.
Dudu Osum Virgin Hair-Gro Cream. Not sure if it increases my growth rate but it definitely soothes my scalp.
Being able to do all of the maintenance on my hair.:yep:
Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, and Coconut oil on hair and scalp.:yep:

Miss:

Palmroll method to retwist my locs. I like it but it doesn't last long (for me).

NaturallyATLPCH

New Hits:
My diy deep conditioning cap

Continued hits:
Seamless comb
SSI Fortifying Masque
Redken Color Magnetics Shampoo

On the fence:
Lottabody curl and style milk - it isn't the most moisturizing and I'm not a fan of the smell. Oh and fragrance is the 5th ingredient. Smh.

oneastrocurlie, you stands by that Fortifying Hair Mask! I need to revisit it. Did you get some during her Vday sale?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@oneastrocurlie @NaturallyATLPCH

Another SSI Fortifying Luva' Here! :love:

I have a jar on hand, but I would really love to have a 16oz Okra Winfrey in my Stash.:lick:

I did make a "Mock Cart" and got all the way to Shipping and backed everything out.:look:

Like OneAstro - I plan to wait until Mothers Day and try to work on my DC'er Stash.:nono:

It has grown to the point of being just plain ig'nant.:lol:

And yes, she usually has a Great Sale then!:grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Darcy Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner
J. Monique Naturals Jojoba Deep Treatment Mask
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair (UBH) Conditioner

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
New Hit
Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Mist - excellent sprtiz for hydrating hair. Very moisturizing to my hair, especially the new growth.

Thanks shortdub78 for the rec

Evolving78

Hit
It's A 10 leave in spray
Silicon Mix

Miss
CON Straight From Eden nourishing oil- it's seems ok, but my hair feels dry.