Hits & Misses April 2014

IronButterfly

HITS
HH customer service! When my package arrived...the envelope was empty!:perplexed There was a big ol' hole in it. The mail carrier didn't find the bottle in her truck either.
HH contacted me almost immediately after I sent her an email. Then she called. Next week she sent me out a replacement bottle plus a bottle of her cupcake lotion and a jar of the new banana dc.
This time she double-enveloped it!

CONTINUED HITS
HH Liquid Gold -- Best smelling cupcake/batter cake/whatever cake ever! And the moisture is sublime.
HH Pink Mimosa and CM
HH Lemongrass Panna Cotta:lick:
MISS
APB scents. They are hit or miss with me. Pear Apple, Birthday Cake and Hibiscus are the only ones that I can stand. This Iced Carrot Cake is repugnant and permeates the air around my head. Strange, though, because it smells fine in my hand. Too bad since I find the hair crèmes very moisturizing.

Last edited:

cutenss

Hits:

SSI Avocado conditioner: hate the smell but love how it sinks into my hair. rinsing out feels lovely

HH soft coconut marshmellow..hair is nice and smooth and smells lovely. ive had this batch for a while, just been pjing around. anyway no mold

using HH sprout on my ends..feels uber moisturized..since this may be discontinued, im gonna just keep it to massaging my scalp..if it comes back again i will get a couple of jars.

Miss

Komaza olive deep conditioner: hate the way it feels just placin g it on to my hair, the smell sucks and my hair felt kinda rough after rinsing. no thanks. whoever likes it can pm me.

FelaShrine do you still have this? I love it, I just have not reordered from them. Let me know if you want to give it a good home...mine :giggle: Let me know price, shipping, etc.

HIT: Aphogee Curlific Texture Wash, Moisture Leave in and Texture Treatment. Love them all :yep:

HIT: Curls Fruit Passion Paste. I am glad I tried this. These types of products don't normally like me, but this stuff is awesome. I am still reviewing the Curls Creme Brulee, but so far so good. Especially on flat ironed hair.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
cuteness

I need you to order that new Curls Blueberry Control Paste and let me know if it smells offensive. :look: I love smell of the original, but the new one has new ingredients.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

cutenss

cuteness

I need you to order that new Curls Blueberry Control Paste and let me know if it smells offensive. :look: I love smell of the original, but the new one has new ingredients.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Do they not sell it in the stores? I would hate to order something stinky :look:

mz.rae

Hit:
Using Ors products on my natural hair, I'm really liking a lot of the products from their line. Which is rare for me usually I only like one or two products. I like the creamy aloe shampoo, ors replenishing conditioner, and both ors lotions. It's funny because I didn't pay these products much attention when I was relaxed, I just used them once and left them alone. I plan on trying the uplift shampoo and the olive oil repair masque.

Lissa0821

Hit and a Miss:

Jason Vitamin E oil, major hit for my skin and a major miss for my hair. My skin is soft and supple, my hair dried out to a whole nother level. I will not repurchase this ever again once I am done.

emada

^^^ Interesting! I like it on my skin but I just found it a bit 'light' for my hair, haven't noticed dryness.

Angelbean

Hits: APB hair tonic, Ayurvedic hair cream, spray leave in, and leave in pudding
Myhoneychild honey hair cream
Hh sprout, jar of joe and SCM

Angelbean

Oh one more hit an oldie but a goodie qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream used as a scalp butta it makes my roots so happy!

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Hit and a Miss:

Jason Vitamin E oil, major hit for my skin and a major miss for my hair. My skin is soft and supple, my hair dried out to a whole nother level. I will not repurchase this ever again once I am done.

^^^ Interesting! I like it on my skin but I just found it a bit 'light' for my hair, haven't noticed dryness.

Sorry to hear that Lissa0821 about the Jason oil.
I haven't tried it on my skin but my scalp and NG loved it! When I rinsed it out after pre-pooing overnight with it, my NG was super soft. Similar to emada, I thought it was "light" which is ok with me but I haven't experienced any ill effects from it.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Continued Hits:

APB leave in spray in pumpkin spice

APB Ayurvedic Hair Creme in pumpkin spice

APB Pumpkin Pie Hair and Body Butta

Extra Virgin Avocado oil

Refreshing twice a day

On the fence:

Bantu knot outs- I like them, but I don't love them

NaturallyATLPCH

Mega Hits:

APB Leave In Spray
APB Leave In Puddings as moisturizers
APB Ayurvedic Oil
The Cotton Candy and Marshmallow Clouds scents :lick:

NaturallyATLPCH

I need something that will OPEN my strands up so that my hair can soak in all of APB's goodness. (I've tried ACV…). Her hair butters just sit on top of my hair… even after shampooing…not sure what I'm doing wrong. :sad:

Well I've just tried her hair creams. ACV is a cuticle closer. So if you apply them after that, it will sit there. Cuticle closers are acidic, like ACV and AVJ, which are lower in PH.

Jace032000, Do you mist or apply a liquid right before? I know if I apply a butter or anything that is not water based to my hair, it just sits on there too. Water based things are the only things that sort of soak into my strands. Water is also more alkaline than your hair so it will open up your cuticles slightly (it's a ph of 7 and your hair is about a 6). Anything greater than 6, even though 7 is neutral, is leaning more towards the alkaline side (14) which will open your cuticles.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
Hits: Using up my products and not buying anything new since I have my permanent, Holy Grail of hair care products.

I have too many products, so I don't need anything else.

The great recession is making me think twice about buying anything.

prettyinpurple

I'm feeling meh about the BASK Yam DC. I wish it had more slip. I'm not noticing any spectacular moisturizing qualities. I plan to use it exclusively for the next several washes, will use it up and see how I feel about it. Still prefer my beloved babassu dc from brown butter beauty.

I won't repurchase that BASK DC.

Babygrowth

Sorry to hear that Lissa0821 about the Jason oil.
I haven't tried it on my skin but my scalp and NG loved it! When I rinsed it out after pre-pooing overnight with it, my NG was super soft. Similar to emada, I thought it was "light" which is ok with me but I haven't experienced any ill effects from it.

My skin loves it but its best on my scalp/newgrowth mixed with jbco! :lick:

Babygrowth

Major hit: Mizani Butter Blends relaxer in mild! I will never use another relaxer

Millcreek Keratin Conditioner as a mid protein step- I almost didn't neutralize because this made my hair feel extra good! I will continue to use it for that purpose.