GROW YOUR CROWN CHALLENGE

virtuenow

Okay, I think i really need to join this challenge! Yay, my first challenge.

What length is your crown right now?
1/4 inch

What is your problem?
Dry, thick, brittle strands, thickly spread, plus sore & itchy scalp issues ,

What are you going to be doing to fix your problem?
Oil scalp w/special concoction 3x daily; massage on days I'm not too sore; wear twists (w/my real hair) for two months - so kind of a twist challenge!

What products do you plan on using?
Special peppermint/jojoba/grapefruit oil concoction (heavy on the peppermint to stimulate growth); I plan to buy some emu oil and sue that every other day

HeChangedMyName

Updates?

I have been caring tenderly for my crown. it has thickened up to match the rest of my hair. I got my hair cut in March and trimmed again last month so the length is the same but the thickness and density has returned to normal.

HeChangedMyName

^^^^^
That's great! What have you been doing?

I've just continued to comb that area less frequently and comb it in an upward direction, especially when it is close to relaxer time.

I massage my crown and use less product on my hair overall so that I don't weigh it down.

I started going to a stylist in March so I try not to do or put to much on my hair in between visits.

and i've been DCing weekly with ORS as my base.

HeChangedMyName

last night for my braid out, i put an abnormally large amount of cantu shea butter leave in on my crown. I'm going on 8 weeks post relaxer and it was feeling quite dry and crunchy there. it was also getting tangled terribly. Y;all, my crown is like butter. the curl pattern there is even popping, when usually its so try that it just looks spongy. yayyyy just thought i'd share

HeChangedMyName

How is everyone's crown growing? mine is no longer an issue. . .for now. its caught up to the point where it no longer looks like there is an odd layer cut in there. yayyy

i'm still DCing regularly(weekly) and combing my crown upward.

4bslbound

I havent been in this challenge (Im a newbie) but I have been taking care of my crown for the same reason. (its my problem area with the intense itching, and signs of CCCA. My hair would grow from my scalp but ALWAYS break off sometimes down to 1/4 inch.

What length is your crown right now? 6 inches
What is your problem? Dryness, brittle hair, uneven, breakage, very itchy scalp
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? Massaging the area, no relaxers.Weaves as my PS.

What products do you plan on using? ____Essential oils with emu oil several nights if not most. Also a sulphur mix with MT, castor oil, and peppermint oil.

fletgee

What length is your crown right now? About 4 inches.

What is your problem? Extreme dryness, Thin strands. Beyond baby fine hair-think silk thread here-even the new growth is so silky I can't feel it. Sparse hair.

What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? Hair, nail vitamins once a week. Baggy with heavy moisture 24/7. Wash 2x's a week. Deep condition once a week with heat. Keep hair in loose braids.

What products do you plan on using? AO GPB. Suave Trop Coconut shampoo and conditioner. Grapeseed/olive shampoo and conditioner
Lessman hair vitamins. Matrix conditioner mixed with raw honey, coconut oil, and jojoba oil.

I so need this challenge. I am at my wits end as to handle my crown. The rest of my hair seems to be doing well.

I'm dealing with the regrowth of my hair due to cancer. So I have all kinds of crazy textures of hair on my head. My crown suffered the worse with 2 large bald areas. The growth there is slow, but it is growing.

BUMP......any updates? My crown is still dry and brittle but it's growing, but it's a good inch shorter than the rest of my hair. Even as a natural for over 6 years my crown was never longer than 4 inches. Lets see if I get to at least 5 inches by the end of the year.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I knew the crown was difficult, but didn't realize that this many people had the same issue. I am unofficially participating in this challenge because my crown is very bald. Its slowing improving with a MT mix but I want to jump start the growth with a sulfur mix to the area as well. Having a bit of "ground cover" there will go a long way to helping my hair look fuller and thicker.

grow

^^^
hey hun!
i use mt mix and sulfur for my crown, too and am happy to hear it's working for you!

i've been doing this since about march of this year and i can definitely see an immense improvement!!!

sure, it is still a very dangerous zone for me and breaks very easily, so i have to be very careful with it, but it has finally passed my nape of neck area and is grazing my shoulders at last.

i also think doing a double baggy bun has helped. i bun the top to especially get the shorter areas (sides, bangs, crown) that wouldn't get completely into my low nape bun.

this way, i'm not bunning just those ends (like when i used to do 1 bun at the nape), but the whole hair shaft. i think it creates less tension on those areas too because i don't have to stretch them so far.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies.....Still Nursing my Crown Area.:sad:

Last relaxer (July) I relaxed this area last and didn't leave it on long at all and didn't work it through.:ohwell:

I've been using/rotating: Christine Gant's Mixed Greens, Claudie Temple Balm Rejuvenator, Claudie Scalp Exlir, KomazaHairCare Honeycomb Hair Rejuvenator paying special attention to that area. and I've also been iPSing all Summer. I've also been spritzing with some Nettle, Burdock Root, Comfrey Spritz another Poster made and sent me!:grin: It's very good Ladies.

So, I am still dilligently working on that area, and I think I am seeing results.:grin: I will probably incorporate MT & JBCO back into Rotation this Fall/Winter and I recently purchased some MN. (Haven't decided when/how I will use that:perplexed).

silenttullip

I don't know if I joined this or not, if I didn't I meant to lol.

What length is your crown right now? about 3 inches :(
What is your problem? scalp issues, sparse hair
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem? oiling 3x a week, scalp massager, being gentle
What products do you plan on using? sulfur8, jbco

HeChangedMyName

I've had my crown trimmed maybe twice so the length is still around 6-7 inches, BUT it is so much stronger.

You know how when your crown is damaged and you comb it, you can just hear the hairs snapping. . .well, I don't have that anymore. The sparse hair has filled in more too. I no longer feel like I'm seriously balding. I've been doing a no heat challenge for the summer and DCing weekly. I think those both contributed to the health of my crown. I can't wait for the day when my crown is shoulder length. that's my next mental marker for the crown.

asakeba

I am terrible at encouraging and reminding people to post their progress, but I'll do my best this time. I'll create a new thread

faithVA

I am terrible at encouraging and reminding people to post their progress, but I'll do my best this time. I'll create a new thread

Hey asakeba. I joined the Sulfur Challenge. You may want to check it out to see if it meets your needs prior to starting a new challenge. I am heading up 2 challenges so I know that it takes a lot to keep up with them.

growinghealthyhair

I would like to join this challenge. My hair is long, but my crown is my toughest (and shortest) area. I had a hairstylist butcher my hair when I was 18, plus she bleached the area blond :nono:. So I've been growing it out; since then, it has also become the coarsest part of my hair.

Note: It's taken me almost five years to get it from neck length to its current length :(

What length is your crown right now?
Shoulder-length to almost bra strap-length
What is your problem? Dryness, Thin strands, scalp issues, brittle hair, sparse hair
Very dry, lots of split ends, coarse, itchy scalp.
What are you going to be doing to fix your problem?
Applying extra conditioner, babying the area. Applying extra oil/moisturizer. Using Neem oil/olive oil mixture on the area. Loose bunning to keep stress off of it. Alternating between heat/no heat time periods to give it a rest. Keeping it detangled.
What products do you plan on using?
Olive Oil/Neem Oil, my usual DCs. Still open to product suggestions!

butter_pecan

How was/is the neem working for you?