Repairing And Growing The Crown Area 2018 Support Thread

faithVA

My daily spritzing is definitely soothing my scalp. Since my hair isn't as straight this may not be a fair ,comparison but I want to keep a record.

The first pic is mid February. The second is today. I d8d t realize it had been that long.
20180210_232032.jpg 20180403_133424.jpg

faithVA

Amazing progress @faithVA :love: you must be so pleased. All the hard work paying off! :yep:

Thank You. I guess I should be pleased but I'm skeptical. I keep thinking there are some bald spots hiding up under all of that shrinkage. I will withhold excitement until I check at the end of April. I did make progress though. I'm too lazy to take my hair down though and really check.

Aggie

Tomorrow I will be:

-Shampooing with Hairveda Deep Cleansing Shampoo
-Protein Deep Conditioning with Hairveda Step 1 Methi Sativa Tea Deep Protein Masque
-Moisturizing DC with Hairveda Step 2 Methi Sativa Tea Moisture Conditioning Milk
-Leave-in with Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner

-Later I will be moisturizing and sealing with SCurl Curl Activator Moisturizer and my DIY Shea Butter Blend.

-I thought it still had Komaza Care Protein Conditioner but turned out that I used it all already :blush:

Also I'm babying the hair in my crown area broken off by the demi permanent in January using some Dominican scalp drops. I really like this and need to get some more soon. It leaves my scalp wonderfully invigorating and tingly.

faithVA

I tried a rollerset again but this time I oiled my scalp prior to sitting under the dryer.

Tonight I massaged MC leave-in spray into my scalp and followed it with MC oil. I should have done this last night when I put my hair up for the night. I will make sure I continue to moisturize my scalp daily and apply oil as needed.

tryingto

My daily spritzing is definitely soothing my scalp. Since my hair isn't as straight this may not be a fair ,comparison but I want to keep a record.

The first pic is mid February. The second is today. I d8d t realize it had been that long.
View attachment 427887 View attachment 427889
thats what my hair looked like a few months ago, i cut it off and started over, it was in the back, I have been protective styling ever since, will take it down in a week and see how it's coming along, thanks for posting, I felt sure it was something to do with dryness

faithVA

thats what my hair looked like a few months ago, i cut it off and started over, it was in the back, I have been protective styling ever since, will take it down in a week and see how it's coming along, thanks for posting, I felt sure it was something to do with dryness
Let us know if you are making progress.

faithVA

I sat under the dryer today and I could feel my scalp cracking, so I massaged water into my scalp and applied some almond oil before sitting back under the dryer. My scalp felt so much better.

Before twisting my hair up, I took an aloe vera leaf and used the gel on my scalp. My scalp feels much better.

faithVA

I've noticed less shedding in the past few weeks. I am wondering if it is due to my spritzing my scalp more often. I will have to pay more attention over the next few months.

Aggie

The broken hairs that I lost from my demi permanent color is finally looking like they are growing back in. They look like they are about 2 inches long now but it's a large area of my crown and some of my hairline as well. I just massaged my scalp with some Curly Proverbz and Coffee oil mixture for a couple minutes.

faithVA

Spritzed my scalp with my regular glycerin spray. My scalp feels pretty good. Tonight I will spritz again and seal it in with oil.

My crown looked OK in the mirror. I have to remember to take my pictures at the end of the month to keep up with my progress.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I am going to try that scalp spritz because of your recommendation @faithVA, as well as oiling my scalp before sitting under the dryer. I love that mane choice oil mix, it is so nice!

faithVA

I am going to try that scalp spritz because of your recommendation @faithVA, as well as oiling my scalp before sitting under the dryer. I love that mane choice oil mix, it is so nice!
It is working for me so far. I'm not sure why my scalp stays so dry. I want to make my own spritz but I haven' gotten around to it.

I like the MC oil as well. I like the restorative spray as well but I need to use up what I have before I buy anything else.
Keep us informed about how the spritz works for you.

faithVA

I decided not to shampoo my hair this weekend and try to go for 2 weeks. Surprisingly my scalp is not driving me crazy. I usually make it a week and then can't do it anymore. I am still making sure to spritz my scalp nightly. And I will definitely shampoo and condition by the end of the week.

faithVA

I have not been spritzing my scalp as much as usual and I could really tell it last week. My scalp was so dry and was a bit tender. I plan to do better this week. I need something moisturizing but without the glycerin in it to keep my hair from getting to soft. I have an aloe plant over the sink, I will use that tonight on my scalp.

abioni

What brand of demi permanent color were you using?

The broken hairs that I lost from my demi permanent color is finally looking like they are growing back in. They look like they are about 2 inches long now but it's a large area of my crown and some of my hairline as well. I just massaged my scalp with some Curly Proverbz and Coffee oil mixture for a couple minutes.

Aggie

What brand of demi permanent color were you using?
It didn't matter which one I was using since I was using it far too often. I cannot really blame the demi permanent brand, but the frequency in which I was using it, which was as soon as gray hairs started peeking, I was on it - Not a good idea. I have friends that used it correctly and nothing happened to their hair. But if you wanna know, it's Matrix SoColor.