Crown and Glory...

plove

iiBlackBarbieii said:
Oh cool, you're Susan?! You have beautiful hair:) I can't wait to try this!

what she said. It's funny a few ladies from that site is from LHCF she should give a discount to LHCF ladies :)

prettykinks

Hello Ladies,
My hair is growing but I don't measure. I have been trying to manipulate my hair as less as possible. Since the beginning of the year I have had the same parts in my hair. I started the year in box braids. After a month I took each braid out one at a time and added extension hair to it for my individuals. I switch out every month. I still continue to wash my hair every week. No issues so far. :)

Last edited:

plove

thenappygirl17 said:
Hey you guys. The challenge is going well. I've gone to neck lenght to collarbone. So I'm happy about that!!!!

Me too but I can't show any pics because I'm in the hide your hair until Christmas challenge.:)

cece22

I just rebraided last week the only thing I can complain about is that I am doing my braids to small. I might try weaving. My last braids were big but they didn't last. My hairline is paying the price.

beyondcute

Well I have a sew-in right now. All barided up. Curl weave in the back and cornrows in the front. :) Its cute. Gotta wait for pics though.

ETA pics posted

Last edited:

pinkdot's blog

Hey everyone. I've gained growth but I have a confession to make.... I've been slacking off. It got to the point that I went a few weeks without washing my hair. I was going days without puting anything in my hair and I wasn't wraping my hair up at night. I know its bad. I'm in braids now so it was getting dry. So with all that said I've decided to get back on track with the crown and glory method. I'm in this challenge until the end of 2007. This is what I will be doing:

In braids
* Take horsetail pill everyday
* Conditioner Wash every other day
* Wash with deluted shampoo 1 a week (Creme of Nature Detagling)
* Spray African Royal Braid Spray every morning
* Spray Infusium 23 leave in every morning
* MTG every other night

Braids out
*Hot oil treatment once a month
*Aphogee once a month
*Horsetail pill everyday
*Conditioner wash once a week
*Wash once a week
*Protective styles
*Style with shea butter
*MTG every other day

Tonight I will start wit a conditioner wash. I will use my infusium leave in and my african royal braid spray. And last but not least, I will take my horsetail pill.

prettykinks

I'm still in this challenge. I rotate back and forth between box braids with added hair and box braids without added hair. I am also in the hide your hair until christmas challenge. Both are giving me great results. I still take flax oil and biotin. Hopefully I can be at bra length at christmas. If not I want to be there at the end of this challenge.

jtsupanova

I know it really late but I want to join this challenge
I will be alternating Kinky twist and weaves with my own natural twist/twist outs for the resting period
I will also
moisturize daily
wash every two weeks
I will deep condition with every wash when wearing my own hair

seymone

I will like to join but I will say for a year and a half starting from Nov 15 2006 because that is when I first started braiding. I will try to keep my braids in for 2 months at a time.

chekeka

This is my first post, so I should start by introducing myself. My name is Chekeka and I have shoulder length relaxed hair that I just had put into yarn plaits on December 7, 2006. I usually keep them for about two months then I wear a wrap for a month then plait it back up. I would like to join this challenge. I just received MTG on December 8, 2006, and I plan to use it every other day.

Goals: Armpit Length July 2007
Brastrap November 2007

Vitamins- Multi-vitamin, Biotin, MSM, Flaxseed Oil, and Super B Complex

DragonPearl

I've had the braids in for almost 2 months now, and I have redone them individually as I saw fit. I am planning to take them off in a couple of days.

Though I enjoyed the carefree-ness of the braids, I really look forward to having my own hair. I'll be braidsless for about 4 to 6 weeks, and then, back to the braids again for another 2 months stretch.

seymone

This is going to be rather expensive for me.. I have been using MTG and my personal concotion(excuse spelling) and my hair has grown some much, I have to braid my hair every month.

happylocks

its 2008 time flys, any updates how long did anyone do this for, I am going to do this, I just thought about when I use to visit the site. And I have no regime for more then a year or 2. Am just losing hair and at the same lenght for years. I know its growing, but am not keeping it or taking the best care of my hair. So I want to try this for several months, but with yarn or just my natural hair.

cocoberry10

I believe I started on this, but I ended up relaxing. I am now transitioning. However, I don't want to use extension braids. I am cornrowing my own hair and washing every 2 weeks. I will trim over time!

bella gee

I know I'm late but I'M IN FOR THE MINI-CHALLENGE.

I will wear sew-ins for the next 6 months (I started Saturday) with only 2 day breaks.

Since I keep mine for 2 months. That means 3 sew-ins total. Hopefully that will get me to MBL!

Let's get it!

nakialovesshoes

I've decided to do my own personal C&G challenge. I'm going to do tree braids for 2 months at a time, take them out, do a Protein treatment & put them right back in. My goal is to do this until September 2009. That's when I'll be turning 35 if the Lord's willing. I'll do my official unveiling at my b-day party. So it's a C&G challenge, bootcamp & HYH all rolled up into one. I'm not going to flat iron my own hair at all between now & then.