Crown area is the pits

jetbeauty09

I have been natural for over a year and have never straightened my natural hair. I've done 2 BCs just to give you some history.

My problem is that my crown area just will NOT thicken up and grow (or retain length) like the rest of my hair.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I try to baby my whole head but when I apply my DC's, daily moisturizer and seal, I start with the crown to make sure it gets babied even more and yet I can still see a significant difference in how short and thin my crown is versus the rest of my thick and on the grow hair.

Has anyone ever had a real problem with their crown area (relaxed even) and created a regimen that solved the problem?? Please help.

My family has aleopecia (sp) in our genes but I was hoping that my dad's side would cancel my mom's side out....so I don't have a bald spot but its noticeably thinner. *** BY THE WAY, I DON'T PUT MUCH STRESS ON MY HAIR AND SURELY NOT MY BABY CROWN. I WEAR LOOSE 2 STRAND TWISTS FOR DAYS AND MOISTURIZE DAILY and DC SOMETIMES TWICE A WEEK.

dimechiq

I've seen MPB in my family. And now my crown is 1/3rd the length of the rest of my hair. Its very very thin. The thinnest of all in my head.

It falls out alot. I have ALOT of hair after combing.

Right now I'm using Groganics Ice Oil and their vitamins. Send me a pm so I can remember to update you. What are you using? What kind of alopecia does your family have?

Last edited:

ms.blue

I can't really help b/c my crown area actually improved when I went natural even though it's slightly thinner then the rest of my hair. I look at my mother hair hair and her crown has thinned out a bit due age but I think it is genetic. I also baby my crown the most so just continue doing that.

jetbeauty09

I've seen MPB on my dad. And now my crown is 1/3rd the length of the rest of my hair. Its very very thin. The thinnest of all in my head.

It falls out alot. I have ALOT of hair after combing.

Right now I'm using Groganics Ice Oil and their vitamins. Send me a pm so I can remember to update you. What are you using? What kind of alopecia does your family have?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really "using" anything special to help it grow. I cowash a couple times a week w/ORS conditioner, wash once a month or so w/baking soda and a coconut shampoo.

I don't know the name of the alopecia out of about 5 aunts (on mom's side) they all have a bald spot at the crown and one aunt has lost all or most of her hair on one side so she 'laps' all the hair from the other side across. Grandma has balding in the crown too. So I'm really working against the grain but my cousins don't really have any balding.

MiSs_RoChELLe

Country_Bumpkin
I have that same problem!! The rest of the hair on my head grows like weeds and is thick. I have started to develop a bald spot in that area :`(