Repairing And Growing The Crown Area 2018 Support Thread

Evolving78

I keep forgetting to ask what everyone is doing to heal themselves internally?

I regularly take a liquid vitamin supplement and take fish oil in a mix of cherry juice (great for reducing inflammation) and aloe vera juice.

This month I plan to step up my exercise program AND get back to daily intake of tomatoes, cucumbers and raw garlic. Just a few things that helped me the first time.
I drink carrot juice and beet juice. I eat a spinach salad everyday. I started taking beetroot pills when I run out of juice. I’m getting back on the water train. I drink a vegan protein shake too. I take a multivitamin, low dosage of iron, and D3.

simplyconfident

I know I’m usually a lurker here, but I too have significant breakage to my crown area. The hairs are broken off and thinning all in the sime spot. The areas I would say is currently approximately the size of a lemon. My hair is relaxed and very thick so it’s not noticeable to anyone.

I’m going to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist concerning this.

I feel like I have an immflamatory or fungal issue there. My scalp is itchy here and is also VERY painfunl after manipulation such as shampoo days.

I will keep y’all updated on how it goes.

Evolving78

I know I’m usually a lurker here, but I too have significant breakage to my crown area. The hairs are broken off and thinning all in the sime spot. The areas I would say is currently approximately the size of a lemon. My hair is relaxed and very thick so it’s not noticeable to anyone.

I’m going to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist concerning this.

I feel like I have an immflamatory or fungal issue there. My scalp is itchy here and is also VERY painfunl after manipulation such as shampoo days.

I will keep y’all updated on how it goes.
Yes please go to the doctor ASAP! Have you taken a pic of that area?

simplyconfident

Yes please go to the doctor ASAP! Have you taken a pic of that area?

I have a pic but can not figure out how to upload for the life of me!!!

Went to the doctor today. He say nothing wrong with my scalp other than dandruff (I just washed my hair yesterday mind you).

He did some blood work and gave me a topical steroid. I’m not sure how I feel about things. If blood work is inconclusive I’m going to get a second opinion.

Evolving78

I have a pic but can not figure out how to upload for the life of me!!!

Went to the doctor today. He say nothing wrong with my scalp other than dandruff (I just washed my hair yesterday mind you).

He did some blood work and gave me a topical steroid. I’m not sure how I feel about things. If blood work is inconclusive I’m going to get a second opinion.
Well use the cream. It will help calm down your scalp. I had the same thing happen to me. My blood work came back fine, and he told me to stop coloring and relaxing. I just cut all of my hair off two days ago. My scalp is feeling better and using Design Essentials Peppermint and Aloe shampoo helped soothe my scalp.

ms.blue

It’s called Perfect Shampoo. There is another that’s similar and a lot of Trichologists use it (if they don’t have their own brand) I forgot the name, but it’s a little more pricey.
I just ordered this shampoo. I'm hoping this shampoo isn't drying and might alleviate the itchy scalp.

Evolving78

I just ordered this shampoo. I'm hoping this shampoo isn't drying and might alleviate the itchy scalp.
Just make sure you deep condition. Most of these type of shampoos are used to treat the scalp, no so much the hair. So afterwards use a moisturizing shampoo and just smooth it over your hair strands to bring the moisture back, then deep condition.

Evolving78

My crown was so itchy yesterday! I ended up sticking my head in the sink and shampooing with DE aloe and peppermint shampoo. I really focused on my crown. I didn’t deep condition, but I applied QB morniga tree and some WGO. I didn’t put any product on that itchy spot. My crown felt better afterwards. I may need to take another trip to the doctor.

NicWhite

My crown was so itchy yesterday! I ended up sticking my head in the sink and shampooing with DE aloe and peppermint shampoo. I really focused on my crown. I didn’t deep condition, but I applied QB morniga tree and some WGO. I didn’t put any product on that itchy spot. My crown felt better afterwards. I may need to take another trip to the doctor.

Have you ever thought about doing an apple cider vinegar rinse? That has helped me with itching. And try not to get any conditioning products on your scalp.

Evolving78

Have you ever thought about doing an apple cider vinegar rinse? That has helped me with itching. And try not to get any conditioning products on your scalp.
No I haven’t tried that in years. I was thinking of a tea tree/water mix spray. You are right about conditioning products on the scalp. I co-cleansed two days ago, and I believe that and the moisturizer aggravated that spot. I don’t really have much hair anymore, so I need to really pay attention to what I use, since my hair is so close to my scalp now.

LovelyRo

My crown itches like crazy anytime I have a scarf or a bonnet on (mostly at night). I have a really bad habit of patting my head (specifically the crown area) when I get the itchies. I’m thinking that might have something to do with the tenderness of my scalp too.

I’m going to be more conscious of patting my head (it’s a real life habit) and try a satin pillowcase (instead of a scarf/bonnet at night).

Evolving78

My crown itches like crazy anytime I have a scarf or a bonnet on (mostly at night). I have a really bad habit of patting my head (specifically the crown area) when I get the itchies. I’m thinking that might have something to do with the tenderness of my scalp too.

I’m going to be more conscious of patting my head (it’s a real life habit) and try a satin pillowcase (instead of a scarf/bonnet at night).
I’m doing that head patting thing too. I’m gonna get some of that special shampoo.

Evolving78

I cut my hair down this morning. I may go to the barber in two weeks to see how I can allow my crown to grow out, and have it blend with the rest of the hair without having to cut it too low. I like it low right now. I’m not ready to wear curls/coils yet.

faithVA

Last week I spritzed my crown twice a day and oiled it one a day. By the end of the week any inflammation was gone. I realized I didnt notice my crown thinning because I'm wearing my hair parted to the side and not down the middle. I will change up my flat twist style this weekend.

faithVA

Things are steady here. I'm spritzing my crown twice a day And oiling it in the morning. I see less inflammation. I will do 2 flat twist at the end of the month for a comparison picture.

My crown is definitely not as dry.

How are things going with you?

Evolving78

^^^that’s good to hear! Do you know what might be causing the inflammation?

I’m doing so much better! My scalp isn’t on fire anymore and the rash has cleared up. I got my hair cut last week and it’s growing back, so I will get a lining this week and get a full cut next week. I’m evening back to using color and lighter! All of those products, the straightening product, and the relaxers all had stuff I was allergic to in them. Using relaxers with Argan oil and shea butter, etc was messing me up. Just think if I would have known earlier on? Oh well, I’m enjoying the fade life! Lol

faithVA

^^^that’s good to hear! Do you know what might be causing the inflammation?

I’m doing so much better! My scalp isn’t on fire anymore and the rash has cleared up. I got my hair cut last week and it’s growing back, so I will get a lining this week and get a full cut next week. I’m evening back to using color and lighter! All of those products, the straightening product, and the relaxers all had stuff I was allergic to in them. Using relaxers with Argan oil and shea butter, etc was messing me up. Just think if I would have known earlier on? Oh well, I’m enjoying the fade life! Lol
I think it was inflamed from the dryer when I did the rollerset. My scalp and a dryer are not friends.