Grow Back The Edges Challenge 2009

Morenita

Sign me up please. I did this over the weekend:

And I don't want to B/C just yet so I gotta grow it back now lol. Little hairs sticking up all over the top of my head now. What was I thinking? Curiosity got the best of me. :look:

itismehmmkay

Oh I am soo in!
My edges just look stressed and I feel I need to do something to preserve them right about now. Last night I slicked them back w/ some heavy grease and they look happy this morning. The only thing is that my style is compromised :ohwell: I usually rollerset my hair at night (which I believe is why my edges are crying) and can just style quickly in the morning.

My hair isn't long enough so I can't just bun it. :ohwell: And I know I won't give myself enough time to do hot rollers in the morning :nono: Right now I'm just wearing it back w/ a headband and bumped in the back. It looks neat and for the most part my hair looks done but it's so plain. It's like I need a bang or something.

Misseyl

Count me in. I have been using Ecrinal since February 14. I will be using it daily for the next 3/4 months. I really doubt it thou because I think my thinning edges are due to genetics nothing else.. Anyway anything is possible..

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Count me in. I have been using Ecrinal since February 14. I will be using it daily for the next 3/4 months. I really doubt it thou because I think my thinning edges are due to genetics nothing else.. Anyway anything is possible..
My hair is the same way. So I am not worried about them getting thick, but thicker in general. At the moment I am happy with the way they look:rolleyes: But I am not about to stress them out.

missnurselady

I didnt know it was that expensive. I got it at Vitamin shoppe or world not sure which one but I was in a rush picked up the bottle got to the register and he said $17.## I was like what the h*ll, I thought it was gonna be like $9-$10. I know this stuff better do something.
I wanna try that Emu, but I cant afford that.:nono:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I didnt know it was that expensive. I got it at Vitamin shoppe or world not sure which one but I was in a rush picked up the bottle got to the register and he said $17.## I was like what the h*ll, I thought it was gonna be like $9-$10. I know this stuff better do something.
I may get some after I use all the oils I got now.....:nono:

alopeciagrl

Sign me up please. I did this over the weekend:

And I don't want to B/C just yet so I gotta grow it back now lol. Little hairs sticking up all over the top of my head now. What was I thinking? Curiosity got the best of me. :look:

Ahhh you did this out of curiosity??? Remember curiosity killed the cat...

OMG I can't believe this...it looks like a hair murder scene!

alopeciagrl

How I'm gonna talk when I haven't bought mine yet. Howeevr sometimes we say we can't afford it But we can afford to pay $17. If a pair of jeans were $17 you would buy them. It's just the bottle is small and its $17. I know I know.

This is the way I make huge hair purchase. I don't look at the price I set a budget and say OK I'm going to spend $40 on my hair this week. Then I'll buy my oils. teas, etc.

msdevo

I mentioned to my doctor that I didnt like the way my edges were growing in and he prescribed something called Desonate. He said he would help revive the follicles. I put some in a small area just to see and I could feel the tingling. I will keep putting it there for about 3 weeks, thats the estimated time to see results.

darlingdiva

It's coming along okay, I guess. I just wish it would come along faster. I ran out of the KBB Growth Serum, so I'm using the Ginger Juices N' Berries from www.lavidagivenbynature.com (it has amla & brahmi in it) along with nettle extract. I also have the Ayurvedic Herbal Infusion Oil. I think I'll give that a try after I finish the Ginger Juices N' Berries.

NaniDiamond

I'm still following my regimen, but now I wonder if the way I tie my hair at night is not the culprit, because I noticed that my nape was also very short and it's been growing slowly. I wrap my hair with a satin scarf at night to keep frizzies away, but is there another alternative? I really need help with that one...

I was having the same problem until I got one of those satin caps with the elastic edges...when that gets too loose, I put on the satin cap and tie it down with a doo-rag...solved my prob...:rolleyes:

Morenita

Ahhh you did this out of curiosity??? Remember curiosity killed the cat...

OMG I can't believe this...it looks like a hair murder scene!

Lol, I just now saw this. Hahah :lol: Yeah, I've done a lot of similar things in my years. I remember one incident with nail glue and my fingers :perplexed

Here's my progress though. When I first posted my starting pic 2 months ago, this hair only stretched to my eyebrow. Look at where it is now. It almost fits back inside of a high ponytail/bun, yay!:

I failed at the nightly braiding... It's just too much manipulation for my fine strands. Does this disqualify me? I do make sure that I am never without a scarf at night however, and still moisturizing daily. OCT has been so good to me as you can see...

SimplyBlessed

Count me in please!! I'm a newbie here and my number 1 problem is my egdes sooo I think I'm going to use castor oil and maybe mn? Still a little on the fence, but I def will be using castor oil

MrsMe

I have to withdraw from this challenge. Not because it wasn't working, but because I have decided to loc my hair, so there's no way I can braid it anymore. Sorry! :sad:
On a more positive note, my edges have filled up nicely while I was wearing my kinky twists. I kept them on for 6 weeks and did not bother my edges at all, so they filled in nicely. Good luck everybody! I'll come by every once in a while to see your progress.

tash85

Newbie here ready and willing to take on the challenge.. so add me pls!

My edges are a mess; not particularly thin but after a year of edge and horseshoe shaped relaxing to blend in with my weaves, I have edges that are slightly thinner and notibly shorter than the rest of my hair!

Having scoured these here parts for effective growth aid recipes, ill be using a MN mix with sulphur 8, jamaican black castor oil, peppermint oil and grapeseed oil

wish you all luck!