Challenge to get my edges back!

shadylane21

Hey all! My edges have a taken a toll from wrapping and rough lace from some of my wigs! I am on a mission to regain my edges! I will be doing a challenge and all are welcome to join or follow!
I will be using wild growth oil 3 times a day and MN the other days. I will not be wrapping my hair and I am trying not to brush my edges.
I will do this for 3 months, checking in monthly! If you have thin edges please join in and let me know what you will be using!
Also if you make videos please post one under mine!
YouTube - Get your edges back challenge!

Qtee

Sure Y not..I'm in..My hair is naturally thin in the front and with age it thins even more..So I have to be really careful with my edges...I've been wearing buns and ponytails for the past 2 week and I can already see damage..

missnurselady

Im in with you ladies. My edges are thin due to braids and brushing. I will be using MN daily and trying to limit brushing. I think im going to get a full sew in with bangs in January to limit manipulation of my poor little edges.

Pompous Blue

Hey all! My edges have a taken a toll from wrapping and rough lace from some of my wigs! I am on a mission to regain my edges! I will be doing a challenge and all are welcome to join or follow!
I will be using wild growth oil 3 times a day and MN the other days. I will not be wrapping my hair and I am trying not to brush my edges.
I will do this for 3 months, checking in monthly! If you have thin edges please join in and let me know what you will be using!
Also if you make videos please post one under mine!
YouTube - Get your edges back challenge!
Clarify this for me. Are you using WGO 3 times a day, 7 days a week and
MN for 7 days a week?

shadylane21

Hey ladies! I meant to type WGO 3 times a week and the MN the other days lol! I hope to fill in these edges by the time the 3 months is up! I to will try not to brush my edges and I will also start taking a multi vit. and biotin again! Have you ladies tried JBCO if so how does it differ from regular castor oil?

EbonyCPrincess

Good luck! I've been scared to do LF wigs because of the toll I saw it took on your edges. Do you think it was a particular type of adhesive or your technique, or do you think bonding down LF in general will weaken your edges?

BTW: your relaxer update was amazing, that stylist did the damn thing your cut looks great!

datladystunna

Im in with you ladies. My edges are thin due to braids and brushing. I will be using MN daily and trying to limit brushing. I think im going to get a full sew in with bangs in January to limit manipulation of my poor little edges.

I'm actually taking out my sew in next week. I usually dont like bangs but I did it so I can focus on my edges. I had this in for almost 2 months. I have been spraying my braids almost everyday with Sulfur 8 braid spray w/ a little olive oil added. And putting a mixture of oils including MTG on my edges everyday. They have filled in very nice!! My edges have taken a toll due to micro braids and lace fronts so I plan on treating them with extra care~

alive

I'm up for following. some parts of my hairline are naturally thinner than others but it wont hurt to learn potential ways of strengthening those areas

LMM

Most of my damage has been because of braids. I can't seem to win because I stopped wearing braids, in part, to stop the damage to my hairline... but then when I stopped using braids as a protective style the rest of my hair started to suffer. I'm back to wearing braids AGAIN to give my hair a rest (& do a stretch) but now I am doing the following to help my edges grow:

- Massaging edges with castor oil/ayurvedic sesame oil every day
- Using Megatek every other day, co-washing 2x per week & taking garlic supps daily
- NOT adding stress to hair by wearing braids in high buns/ponytails
- NOT wearing my braids tight around the edges & NOT re-doing them when they get loose

** Will check in monthly and take new pics in April**

Left side (the worst) and right side pics below.

Attachments

• Photo 50.jpg
    Photo 50.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo 48.jpg
    Photo 48.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ThatJerseyGirl

Good luck! I've been scared to do LF wigs because of the toll I saw it took on your edges. Do you think it was a particular type of adhesive or your technique, or do you think bonding down LF in general will weaken your edges?

BTW: your relaxer update was amazing, that stylist did the damn thing your cut looks great!

I've often wondered this too, as I see many posts relating to this issue. I wear lacefronts (synthetic) minus glue or adhesives, and my edges are doing fine. However, I've never had an issue with thin edges.

As a preventive, I spray my edges (as well as my hair) with a moisturizing spray, the Aphogee keratin spray, and any type of oil I can get my hands on and leave it alone. Then I apply my stocking cap and all is well. When I remove it in the evenings, my edges are still moisturized. I repeat this process at night as well. Every single day.

destined2bme0423

Happy New Years ladies.
I am in this challenge. My edges has also suffered from wrapping every night.
I plan on using JBCO 2x a day every other night and mega-tek on the other days.
Quick question...what can I do to my hair before bed besides wrapping to keep that "fresh bump" look??

ETA: I mix my JBCO with peppermint oil. Smells wayyyyy better!!! lol

Last edited: