Grow Back The Edges Challenge 2009

Duchesse

I'm in this challenge, though I'm not being very proactive. I have Gro-aut oil from a year ago, a little BT, and a bottle of Megatek that I've barely used. I'll try the Megatek on my edges, though I'm afraid of extra shedding in that area.

MrsMe

I have been doing my cornrows every night except for two days when I just could not stay up after the shower. Somebody on YouTube told me my edges were coming along but I just can't tell the difference. I guess I'm gonna have to rely on your judgement because it always looks too sparse to me... :shrug:

msdevo

My edges are growing. I just wish they would get a bit thicker. I apply a bit of castor oil to them and still nada. I will keep doing this for another month or so to see what happens.

I'm in. I massage beemine to my scalp and pay close attention to my hair line. I have been trying to go out my edges for a while. I was using BT and MN and it seems that my edge broke off again, so I'm starting all over. Not sure if it was the MN that did it, because when I was using bt I did not have that problem. Maybe it was to much product. I can't braid what is another option to go out my edges?

Tamrin

unapologetic
No progrees yet....:sad:

Keep it up be patient. You can use a growth aid if you like. You will get there. I do mine at night. Its getting better for me I use OCT.
The point of the cornrows is to protect the ends so you retain length. Please not too tight.

lp318lp

Now that I am actually paying attention to my hairline, they seem to be responding very well! :drunk:

me~:rolleyes:

MrsMe

I'm still following my regimen, but now I wonder if the way I tie my hair at night is not the culprit, because I noticed that my nape was also very short and it's been growing slowly. I wrap my hair with a satin scarf at night to keep frizzies away, but is there another alternative? I really need help with that one...

divinempress

I'm still following my regimen, but now I wonder if the way I tie my hair at night is not the culprit, because I noticed that my nape was also very short and it's been growing slowly. I wrap my hair with a satin scarf at night to keep frizzies away, but is there another alternative? I really need help with that one...

ooooh i'd like to know also...now that I think abt it, my scarf ties exactly along my edges and could be causing some damage.

What's a protective way of tying a silk scarf??

missnurselady

I would like to know as well....im thinking about buying hydrathermal growth lotion i heard about because my edges are not responding to MT or Mn

Last edited:

it_comes_naturally

ooooh i'd like to know also...now that I think abt it, my scarf ties exactly along my edges and could be causing some damage.

What's a protective way of tying a silk scarf??

I need to know too, b/c I've noticed my hairline thinning and I know it had to be the scarf. I had been wearing it everyday after I got home and to bed. It ties in the front and that's where the thinning is. :wallbash:

Tamrin

unapologetic
Try tying it a little higher. I avoid tying at the edges. Asides from that, how are you ladies coming along?

msdevo

This is a shame, this challenge has only reached 2 pages.

Well anywho...

My edges are growing in nicely. I am wearing loose buns so that I wont put so much tension on my edges.

PittiPat

I’d like to join, if it’s not too late. I am an alopecia sufferer and have bald spots (about 2” high) around the perimeter of my head ….. yeah, it sucks bad. I wear wigs, which may not be helping my my condition. I’m transitioning (11 months) and really do not want to deal with my two textures every day. Maybe I should go back to braids.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
at the time of my post there had only been 2 pages. everyones settings may be different.
Oh yea, ladies dont come through here often. I try to bump it every so often so we can get responses but it dont work at the time.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I’d like to join, if it’s not too late. I am an alopecia sufferer and have bald spots (about 2” high) around the perimeter of my head ….. yeah, it sucks bad. I wear wigs, which may not be helping my my condition. I’m transitioning (11 months) and really do not want to deal with my two textures every day. Maybe I should go back to braids.
No dont do braids if the bald spot is around ya perimeter, thats wont help the alopecia.

Fond

Hi Y'all,

Is it too late to join? I am a newbie with all of the edge issues. I have already been doin' my regimen, but I need to benefit from the group! I have been using MN and WGO with castor oil since I joined LHCF. Please have me, I thought this was an old challenge at first :ohwell:.

Niq