OFFICIAL SL 2009 HAIR CHALLENGE.........

KeishaT

I don't know if there has ever been an shoulder length hair challege or if there is one currently going on...but since I haven't found one I am going to start one. I am also in the APL hair challenge but I would like to do a SL hair challenge for my short-term hair goal. I hope to be shoulder length by my birthday which is June 30. So I better get started. Ladies, you are more than welcome to join the bandwagon, the more the better! :)

Begin date: Jan/2009
End Date: Dec/2009 *Date has been extended..

Rules:
1. Every 15th of the month will be post dates for updates/progress
2. Give your current hair length and whether you are relaxed/natural
3. Give the hairstyles you will be using and what products you use to make it
4. Have fun and learn as you go

GET READY LADIES!! 2009 WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL YEAR!!

SL Challengers:

1. KeishaT
2. Jbailey
3. loulou
4. spacetygrss
5. pmichael 521722
6. jazzz mooods
7. Laidbak
8. Southern Stunner
9. bamachic08
10. minjabs
11. Kurly K
12. Platinum
13. alyn308
14. jaded faerie
15. beans4reezy
16. virgovixxen
17. ltown
18. AtlantaJJ
19. redliz82
20. DivaD04
21. buddahs_mom
22. Moniinthemiddle
23. azucar
24. wish4length
25. chitowngal330
26. mandy4610
27. nab239
28. jassy28
29. adi687
30. eyesofanangel
31. shan_2001
32. honeydip
33. pamsc29210
34. Carrie A
35. pringe
36. MissGee
37. WonderfullyMade
38. Mandy4610
39. chartys08
40. Imani
41. Smiley79
42. Kusare
43. Loves Harmony
44. JayAnn0513
45. delray712000
46. Liberianmami26
47. kamillya14
48. productjunkie814
49. ParavanVida
50. Luxurious12
51. Coolata
52. alopeciagrl
53. ROBOTxcore
54. Bella02
55. mzperkins
56. greenwings23
57. prettypuff1
58. flowinlocks
59. pazyamor
60. sonia1965
61. poeticmusiqu
62. ckn
63. ReeseCup
64. shortdub78
65. TurtleBlue
66. lovelyz99
67. pringe
68. KeraKrazy
69. FASHION STAR
70. kiarai
71. cheri
72. qt pie
73. Thoroughbred
74. letitgrow0702

Last edited:

KeishaT

My curent length is to the middle of my ear.
I plan to start using Elucence shampoo and conditioner along with LeKlair Cholesterol DC.
I plan to keep my hair in sew-ins along with buns every now and then. I am currently building my regimen so I will have to get back to you on that.

Last edited:

jeabai

I'm in June is when I would like to be SL!

I'm currently Chin lenghth in the front and ust hitting neck lenghth in the back

My reggie

DC with a mix of moisturefuse and kerafuse on Sunday
Wen on Wed
I'm relaxed stretching 12 weeks
I take exotic allure vitamins thinking of adding msm
Ordering my pibbs on friday so I can start rollersets

loulou82

I'm in!

1. Give your current hair length and whether you are relaxed/natural.

I'm transitioning but will be all natural for 2009. My natural hair measures 6-7 inches. I need 2 or 3 more inches for SL.

2. Give the hairstyles you will be using and what products you use to make it.

I'll be getting a new set of kinky twists in January and another set in March with 2 week breaks before re-twisting.

Regimen:
Wash and DC with heat weekly when not in twists; monthly when in twists.
Moisturize daily with a spritz mix (distilled water, castor oil, a dab of conditioner, aloe vera juice)
Clarify when needed.
Protein DC when needed.
Mix MSM powder in orange juice daily.
Multi-V
Wear scarf to bed.

I'm using up all of my old products and will be switching between several but my basic regimen will stay the same.

I'll post pics when I take down my twists.

spacetygrss

I'll Join. I'm in the APL 2009 challenge, but my short-term goal is to be full shoulder-length by June 2009. Like the other challenge I won't be posting pics for religious reasons.

Anyhow, I am natural.
Current length is past chin-length in front and already grazing shoulder-length is back (i.e. it's at the equivalent place as the collar bone, just in the back).
I co-wash daily, shampoo and DC twice a week (JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm and ORS Replenishing). I DC with JOICO Kpak once or twice a month and clarify once a month with Kenra Cleansing Cream.
I seal with coconut oil or Seyani Hair butter.
Right now I wear my hair in a fro...shrinkage is a powerful/wonderful thing. LOL.

pmichael52172

Okay, although I'm notorious for dropping out of challenges (lazy)... count me in!

Chemical Status: Relaxed (Design Essentials)/ every 8 weeks
Current Length: Short inverted bob (sides almost to chin, back at the nape)
Products Using (K.I.S.S. method):
Shampoo: Joico Moisture Recovery
Conditioner: Joico Moisture Recovery, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Treatments: Aphogee 2 minute (bi-weekly), Dudley's DRC (Each touchup), (Hoping to win the OCT giveaway too!)
Vitamins: Just a multivitamin
Moisturizers: Shea butter pomade and drops of oil massages nightly, Water water water!!!
Styling Method: Wash/DC weekly, flat iron ONLY on wash day and on lowest settings, satin bonnet at night, no heat except wash days; if curl is needed, Caruso steam rollers

*I STRONGLY doubt I will be shoulder length by June but there's no neck length challenge :look: so... this will have to do

Last edited:

jazzzmoods

Excellent! My birthday is in June also! And this is a great goal and will help keep me on track for APL by EOY 2009! with a 6 month goal of SL by June 2009!!!

>My current length is a chin length bob with bangs just below my eyebrows
>I just started using MT and also ordered OCT
>I deep condition with Carols Daughter Tui Smoothie
>I use Fekkai Glossing cream with olive Oil for shine and moisture
>I still blow dry and flat iron (bad me) as I cannot figure out a protective style for my length
>I am 4 weeks into my first 8-10 week stretch.....realising that I must have been relaxing every 4 weeks because the current amount of growth is typically when I pulled out my relaxer and hit-up my roots in the past
>I am planning to switch to Phyto Relaxer in 2009

Thanks!!!

This picture was taken on 11/30/08

Attachments

• Short Hair 2 11.30.08.jpg
    Short Hair 2 11.30.08.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 21

LaidBak

I'm definitely wit' dis!
1. Currently neck length (see siggy pic)
2. Relaxed
3. Using MT/OCT and contemplating MoeGro (ETA 3/6/09--using BT and OCT, gave up on MT)
4. Will be wearing buns and half wigs (ETA on 3/6/09 doing the Southern Tease Bun and cross wrapping every night)

I DC every 3rd day as well, trying to stretch relaxers to every 6 weeks. (ETA 3/6/09-did strech to 6 weeeks, but not DCing every 3rd day, schedule just doesn't permit)

Last edited:

KeishaT

Okay, although I'm notorious for dropping out of challenges (lazy)... count me in!

Chemical Status: Relaxed (Design Essentials)/ every 8 weeks
Current Length: Short inverted bob (sides almost to chin, back at the nape)
Products Using (K.I.S.S. method):
Shampoo: Joico Moisture Recovery
Conditioner: Joico Moisture Recovery, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Treatments: Aphogee 2 minute (bi-weekly), Dudley's DRC (Each touchup), (Hoping to win the OCT giveaway too!)
Vitamins: Just a multivitamin
Moisturizers: Shea butter pomade and drops of oil massages nightly, Water water water!!!
Styling Method: Wash/DC weekly, flat iron ONLY on wash day and on lowest settings, satin bonnet at night, no heat except wash days; if curl is needed, Caruso steam rollers

*I STRONGLY doubt I will be shoulder length by June but there's no neck length challenge :look: so... this will have to do

We are gonna work together on this goal...just be confident and persistant....anything is possible

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I don't know if there has ever been an shoulder length hair challege or if there is one currently going on...but since I haven't found one I am going to start one. I am also in the APL hair challenge but I would like to do a SL hair challenge for my short-term hair goal. I hope to be shoulder length by my birthday which is June 30. So I better get started. Ladies, you are more than welcome to join the bandwagon, the more the better! :)

Begin date: Jan/2009
End Date: Jun/2009

Rules:
1. Every 15th of the month will be post dates for updates/progress
4. Have fun and learn as you go

GET READY LADIES!! 2009 WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL YEAR!!

I am in on this! My length is just below my ear and I am relaxed (transitioning) I will be doing the C&G and when not in braids I will be wigging it! My products are CON shampoo, Bananna Burlee conditioner (moisture) Mega Tek (protein)

Solitude

Excellent! My birthday is in June also! And this is a great goal and will help keep me on track for APL by EOY 2009! with a 6 month goal of SL by June 2009!!!

>My current length is a chin length bob with bangs just below my eyebrows
>I just started using MT and also ordered OCT
>I deep condition with Carols Daughter Tui Smoothie
>I use Fekkai Glossing cream with olive Oil for shine and moisture
>I still blow dry and flat iron (bad me) as I cannot figure out a protective style for my length
>I am 4 weeks into my first 8-10 week stretch.....realising that I must have been relaxing every 4 weeks because the current amount of growth is typically when I pulled out my relaxer and hit-up my roots in the past
>I am planning to switch to Phyto Relaxer in 2009

Thanks!!!

This picture was taken on 11/30/08

Nice shine....very pretty! :yep:

I wonder if I should join....I'm still not full SL :scratchch

bamachic08

Im in on this one!my length is earlength. 1/2 inch in back.my goal is sl by dec 31st 2009.
Im relaxed and plan on stretching 12 weeks.i will condition wash twice weekly.shampoo once weekly.deep condition once each week.moisturize daily.seal ends.wig it up!and take those vitamins.oh and use my megatek/ovation mixture daily!and add a little prayer.ill post pics as time permits.

minJabs

Count me in too!! My birthday's in May but i'll go with June for the purposes of the challenge.
Current Length:Neck Length
Vitamins: Iron and a Multi
Co wash every other day plus a weekly shampoo and DC
Half wigs then Crown and Glory with tree braids after Jan 15
Will post pics soon

Kurly K

i'm in! i want to be full SL by April 09

Just grazing SL

My norm wash n go, puffs, newly a ponytail and straight....dc once a week

4. Have fun and learn as you go!!

Will do :eek:)

Platinum

:curtain: I think I want to join this. :look: I was hoping I could have made SL by 2008 but I didn't. I'm still an uneven necklength.:wallbash: :wallbash: So I'm hoping for Sl by May 2009 as a short term goal. I'm hoping that I can make it sooner than that though.

Anyway, here's what I plan to do:

Clarify as needed
Ayurvedic cowashes 2-3X a week
DC 2-3X a week
Mega Tek daily on scalp only
Scalp messages daily
Very little heat
Just For Me Relaxer every 8-10 weeks
Henna and Indigo when I feel the need

I'm also in the APL by Dec 2009 challenge.:look:

alyn308

I'm in.

I'm natural...the front is ear length and the back is just grazing SL when my hair is straight.

I'm still trying to figure out what my regimen for 2009 will be :look:...I'll edit when I do.

jaded_faerie

I'm in the APL challenge but I guess I'll join this challenge as well.

-texturized
-weaves, wigs

beans4reezy

This is going to be my first LHCF challenge and I fully intend to GO HARD!!!
My current hair length is chin length in the front and 1/2" shy of neck length in the back

REGGIE:
Hair Styles: Roller Sets/Pin Curls/Braid Outs; Both hair styles will be pinned up faithfully M-F
Products: WEN 2X a week for cleansing
OCT (weekly intensive treatments),
DC 1X a week with ORS Hair Mayonnaise w/ WEN mixed in it.
Hair Veda Products to moisturize, style, and maintain.

I'm coming shoulder length hair! What a nice birthday present for me..June Canerians in the house.

VirGoViXxEn

Count me in! Im in the APl 2009 Challenge but I also want to be Sl by June.
I am currently relaxed neck length

Regimen:
Co--wash & DC 1 to 2X per Week & Roller Set.
Moisturize and Seal 2x a day
MT at least 4 times a week on scalp. (Thinking of switching to OCT for length)

Good Luck Ladies..Lets do this!

Ltown

Greyland
I want in either SL or APL something by 2009, I'm currently CL and transitioning.

Prepoo with Amla, Cowash, DC 2X week
Ayureda co wash
Protective bun 7 days a week

Blkrose

I would have loved to join this challenge however I'm currently in the Crown and Glory challenge, so since I will be in braids 2 months at a time checking in every 15th of the month wont be possible. But I wish you all success!

AtlantaJJ

I haven't straightened my hair in a year. After I straighten and post my pics I'll see if shoulder length by June is do able...if I don't cut the layers I am pretty certain I can do it, we shall see. I am certainly going to shoot for shoulder length at some point in 2009 :up:

RegaLady

I'm so in:grin:! I am an EL. I thought I would be Chin Length this month, but I cut my back down:sad::sad::sad:. I am 4.5-5 inches around, and 2inches in the back and sides. But, I am aiming for SL around my birthday in July.
I don't know if I will post pics around the 15th, but I'll see.
I plant to KISS(shampoo, condition and deep condition)
Moisturize alot
Braid my hair and wear PS most of the time
I am relaxed, perhaps transitioning to natural
I will enjoy this alot!

Last edited:

DivaD04

i want to join this challenge sooooo bad. but i'm having major breakage and i'm contemplating as to whether or not i should cut in january.

if i don't cut: i'm neck/pel relaxed but haven't relaxed since october...i'm so considering to going back natural
i'm not sure on hairstyles just yet and but i plan to use silk elements relaxed and revive stimulating poo and it's mayo co.

ETA: i'm joining...i won't cut my hair

Last edited:

chitowngal330

Currently ear length on the top and sides and neck length at the bottom.

Hope to be full SL in 2009, though my hair grows suuuper slow.

Transitioning, plan to be fully natural by December 2009

Reggie:
wash 1x per week w/ shampoo, co wash 1x per week (Elucence MB)
DC 1x per week, every other week with steam (SitriNillah, Elucence, AO)
moisturize/seal every 1-2 days (Whipped Cream, AvoSoya oil, Vatika Frosting, HS 14:1)

Styles: braidouts, pinups, buns, will flat iron 1x per month for progress