OFFICIAL SL 2009 HAIR CHALLENGE.........

loulou82

I've made little progress which now makes 4 months since I've seen a real difference in my length. I've been on my vitamin regimen for 8 weeks and will stick with it for 16 weeks to see if it's working. Here's a shot of my frizzy crown. It's the longest part at 10 inches and I wish my sides and nape would follow it's lead.

Last edited:

KeishaT

I've had my hair in crochets for almost a month and i don't plan to take them down until the time i start back schol which is on the 24th..i will take pics of the progress and then it's back to the crochets..i'm learning that protective styles are best for me otherwise i will continue to pick at my hair and it will just break off..

Mercie

Yay! lol

I will have to post starting pics later since my camera battery is dead.

My hair is relaxed.
It is kind of hard to say the length since my hair has a lot of layers.
It's almost at the bottom of my neck?

I'm not what sure what hairstyles I can do.. help?
I like curls so, I'm going to try the bantu knots and pincurls out.

jaded_faerie

I think I made shoulder length in the back, when stretched it touches my collar bone. I will have pictures after the hide your hair challenge is over.

prettybyrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercie
Is it too late to join? D:

NEVER!!! LOL...

Yeah! Then I'm in too! :)

Current hair length: To my lips in front, neck length in back. My hair is natural. I want my hair to be the same length all the way around, so I am gauging my SL hair from the front instead of the back.
Hairstyles: All protective and low heat. I am thinking of getting a phony pony. I sometimes wear two side twists or braids, and a natural bun

Last edited:

kandigyrl

Count me in!!

I'm relaxed. The back reaches shoulders when stretched however I have some layers that just pass my ear. I'm aiming for full SL by Dec. 09.

Hair poducts: A little bit of everything. Still trying to find what works for my hair.

Hair styles: Mainly roller sets with occasional ponytails.

Kandi

ellehair

Well ladies, I relax on Friday, after 12 weeks..I will post (pic) updates then.. Lets all pray for me, lol

Last edited:

greenwings23

I have made SL/ and it was much longer but I decided to cut the ends so that I can start on my APL journey here are the pics08/09

I cut my
h

I cut my hair 08/20/09 over 2/&3/4 inches....but it is still SL.....it should really take off in growth I cut it during the new moon...now it is forward to APL LO! I can't wait....

Attachments

• DSCF0117.jpg
    DSCF0117.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0450.jpg
    DSCN0450.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0451.jpg
    DSCN0451.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 103

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I just had my hair trimmed professionaly for my class reunion so I dont know when I stand on my SL goal. I would guess I have 1-3 inches to go. If I can keep the scissors out of my head (which is hard becasue Im transitioning and I ony have a couple of bone straight relaxed ends to cut off). Im considering hiding my hair for the rest of the year. Either in a sew in or kinky twist. Any opinions?

loulou82

I haven't logged in for a while but I have updates. I had my first professional press (with a flat iron) and trim since I BCd last year. I had to let more than an inch go and she wanted to trim even more but I couldn't lose that much hair in a sitting. I'll go back in 6 months for another press and trim. My hair survived Florida's high humidity for 12 days and reverted back 100%.

Last edited:

loulou82

This challenge fizzled out. Pringle, I encourage you to start a new challenge for 2010. You could keep the same rules as this one. :yep: