Doobie without greasing the scalp?

lonei

Hi ladies, I was just wondering whether any of you have doobied your hair using a leave in conditioner (e.g. motions) and a serum (e.g. IC Polisher) and have not greased the scalp or used oil sheen. I ask this question because greasing the scalp and using oil sheen tends to weigh down my hair and also provide an abundance of frosted flakes
. Please let me know how it turns out as Im due to relax my hair quite soon.

Neroli

I never use oil on my scalp -- just can't stand it. Frankly, I don't put anything on my scalp. It always seemed redundant to me, even a child, to wash my hair and then put GREASE on it. Yikes! There were many battle royals between me and my mother until I was given full control over my hair at age 16. Anyway, I digress.

I have been wearing doobies for over 2 years and have never used anything on scalp -- I do use stuff on my HAIR, especially the ends. I like creamy leave ins, like nexxus humectress, giovianni direct, aubrey biotin, etc. I never use oil as leavein, it's just too heavy -- I save that for my deep conditioners and conditioner washes.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
Hi ladies, I was just wondering whether any of you have doobied your hair using a leave in conditioner (e.g. motions) and a serum (e.g. IC Polisher) and have not greased the scalp or used oil sheen. I ask this question because greasing the scalp and using oil sheen tends to weigh down my hair and also provide an abundance of frosted flakes
. Please let me know how it turns out as Im due to relax my hair quite soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do doobies without greasing my scalp. I dont recall ever greasing my scalp. Here's what I do:

After shampooing/conditioning, I spray my Motions Nourish Leave-in and put Silk Elements Glossing Polish all over my hair. I sometimes put my mixture of oils on the ENDS of my hair only. Then I rollerset.

After drying my hair, I take the rollers out and spray my Profectiv oil sheen spray all over and just wrap using this method now that I discovered on Allandra's site: http://members.tripod.com/~my_hair1/iwantlonghair5-wrapping.html

But after wearing the doobie for a while, I dont spray my leave-in on dry hair. I sometimes use the glossing polish but I always use oil sheen spray before wrapping my hair again.

Hope that helps!

Dolce_Dawn

I don't grease my scalp either. I wear a "doobie" (my hair wrapped) and I wrap it w/a leave-in and settng lotion. I JUST started using oil sheen, spraying when my styling is done. But I hardly ever use it. Maybe once a month when i want extra shine.

Poohbear

Oh and to add to my post...

I have tried putting oils on my scalp and I didnt like it because oil would drip down my neck as I massaged the oils.

lonei

Thanks ladies, by the way, does your hair come out light and fluffy without grease?

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
Thanks ladies, by the way, does your hair come out light and fluffy without grease?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what u mean but I know my hair comes out soft and flexible.

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, YES!!!! Lonei, my hair comes out light and has body and movement. You really don't need a lot of products, esp grease, on your hair or scalp.

silvergirl

neither have i, ive never put anything on my scalp.

my hair (when it was all relaxed) came out light im not sure what you mean by fluffy... to me fluffy is like 4a hair thats been only blowdried like kinky straight..... but it did come out light, straight, swinging, caucasian type hair.. is the only way i know to desribe it. def not oily or greasy.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I never grease my scalp, my hair is fine so it would weigh it down. usually the leave-in and serum will do

lonei

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
neither have i, ive never put anything on my scalp.

my hair (when it was all relaxed) came out light im not sure what you mean by fluffy... to me fluffy is like 4a hair thats been only blowdried like kinky straight..... but it did come out light, straight, swinging, caucasian type hair.. is the only way i know to desribe it. def not oily or greasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What products did you use to get this effect?

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
Poohbear, thats exactly what I mean, in that it has body and is not stiff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm slow
...I'm also very tired today

Neroli

Yes, my hair is light and bouncy - lots of body and movement. With grease or oils, it just sits there. I have 4b relaxed hair.

silvergirl

Ive never been one for using millions of styling product.. I just washed, added some leave in and flat ironed after it was dried.
Then added a sprits of shine spray if ness. I find the less product my hair has the more,,,, (i hope noone finds this offensve) but the more caucasian/asian/latino whatever,,,, my hair looks. its free moving, light, and looks "natural" not heavy with oils and stiff.