Does anybody grease their scalp?

laydeyjay29

I have always had a problem finding grease that doesn't weigh my hair down. I have been using jojoba oil and it doesn't weigh my hair down but it only lasts for a few days. My hair will not dry out but my scalp will flake up. I have used pink oil moisturizer, softee grease and oil sheens. None of these products kept my scalp greased for the whole week.

What do you all use for this problem?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I do!:grin:

Recently I've been using:

Christine Gant's Mixed Greens
Claudie's Temple Balm Revitalizer
and I just purchased: Njoi Creations Herbal Hairdressing

lea86111

i use sulfur 8 mixed with peppermint oil...its my first time EVER greasing my scalp. i don't do if for any reason other than the sulfur that's in the sulfur 8 and growth (if i'll it any) i don't necessarily care for it...i cowash often (like a lot! lol) so i guess it's cool...

Natural Glow

I don't grease my own scalp but I do grease my daughter's. I like to see a shiny scalp when she has braids or ponytails. I use Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Cupuacu Butter Natural Hair Pomade. Her scalp/hair is shiny and moist for days.

FocusLady

I don't "grease" my scalp because I'm to heavy handed. However I do put WGO on my scalp every morning. I put some on my finger tips and massage it in.

cch24

I use jamaican black castor oil pomade on my scalp every night. A little goes a long way. I just finished the 4 oz container I purchased in January.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I use Isoplus Natural Remedies Tea Tree and Aloe Conditioner and my stylist used to use Design Essentials Herbal Complex after my touchups. It didn't weigh my hair down. I think the Kera Care one was good too but I forgot the name of it. Makes your scalp tingly...I should probably buy some more.

wish4length

I "oil" my scalp more so than "grease" it.
I say that because I don't want to give anyone a false impression of what I do.
If it won't pour into my hand then I don't apply it to my scalp. I use mostly coconut or jojoba oil and add castor oil to it for growth...

Deluxe

I oiled my daughters hair with olive oil. I used a dropper. She was like, momma thank you.:lovedrool: She went to bed right after.

darlingdiva

In another thread, a user mentioned that she got a lot of shedding when she stopped greasing her scalp. I've had a lot of shedding for a while, so I just started greasing my scalp with the Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm.

kandegirl

I do from time to time. Dudley's was good, got it from the salon b/c it was a light grease. Now I have a castor oil grease from CVS that works well. And my friends w/ the longest hair and healthiest hair still do. Some use Always grease.

e.lauren

I find JBCO works for that . I have this same problem too and I've never had a grease work the way I need it to for my scalp. If you haven't already try some Black Castor Oil.

cch24

Does the castor oil weigh your hair down?

I have a bottle of regular castor oil that I use to seal my moisture in at night, but the pomade is an actual grease-like substance that has black castor oil as a first ingredient. I oil my scalp lightly every night, but I also cowash and bun every morning, so my hair is never down. When I do straighten my hair, the only product I put on it is coconut oil, so I don't use the pomade when my hair is straight and could be weighed down.

NikkiQ

I grease my scalp maybe twice a week with Liv by Summit in between my Bee Mine applications. Doesn't weigh my hair down or leave behind build up :yep:

brucebettye

I grease my scalp sometimes when I am not bunning. I just use sulfur 8 or blue magic. I don't grease my scalp everyday because it would just cause too much build up. I do it like three times a week or every other day.