Does anybody grease their scalp?

iri9109

I have always had a problem finding grease that doesn't weigh my hair down. I have been using jojoba oil and it doesn't weigh my hair down but it only lasts for a few days. My hair will not dry out but my scalp will flake up. I have used pink oil moisturizer, softee grease and oil sheens. None of these products kept my scalp greased for the whole week.

What do you all use for this problem?

are you natural? even if you're not, what i bolded is a no no :nono:
petroleum &/or mineral oil containg products like that do more harm than help b/c they block out moisture... i like coconut oil because i can dig it out of the hair like grease, but in the summer time it does turn into a liquid so its hard to do that unless you refrigerate it i guess...if you want something thick, castor oil (cold pressed) works wonderfully...you can put it in a bottle with a nozzle tip and just squeeze it directly on ur scalp/ in between parts if you need to

Hello I use grease, blue magic coconut , mixed with MTG and MT for growth , this help with the smell and not as oily as the oil. I just started using this mix this week, but I always use grease for dryness.

SiobhanM

are you natural? even if you're not, what i bolded is a no no :nono:
petroleum &/or mineral oil containg products like that do more harm than help b/c they block out moisture... i like coconut oil because i can dig it out of the hair like grease, but in the summer time it does turn into a liquid so its hard to do that unless you refrigerate it i guess...if you want something thick, castor oil (cold pressed) works wonderfully...you can put it in a bottle with a nozzle tip and just squeeze it directly on ur scalp/ in between parts if you need to

Im going to have to disagree. Alot of peoples hair thrives on grease. Sulfur 8 has mineral oil and people love it. If you co wash or clarify regularly there shouldnt be a problem.

Theres another thread going on right now where were discussing that we actually do better with actual grease.

castor oil does wonders for my hair but nothing for my scalp as with a bunch of other oils.

What may work for one may not work for the other.

For instance she likes pink oil lotion it doesnt do squat for my hair but yet my sisters thrives on it :ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I will definitely bump up my use of Greasing My Scalp this Fall/Winter. I am already preparing for that mentally & with some recent purchases.:think:

The Air will be colder & drier and I will be under both a Wig & Durag all day and indoor heat which is also very drying to both skin & hair.

So, I will definitely be keeping my scalp well lubricated.:yep:

Vashti

I'm using olive oil mixed with castor oil on my scalp these days. After a shampoo and DC I've been using some Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease on my ends along with QB Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm on the length. Works great on my hair and holds moisture in like nobody's business.

Definitely will be using grease/pomade on my hair ends this winter!

froggie08

I grease my scalp with My Honey Child Sophia's Old Fashion hair grease, I just found this and I am already in love. The ingredients are great and the price is great $$5.50 for a 4oz.

I really want to try Darcy's Botanicals Eucalyptus Mint Herbal Scalp Conditioning Butter or Coconut Cupuacu Butter Natural Hair Pomade