Does Biotin really help grow longer, thicker hair faster?

Glamiam

Or is it just a myth? I researched and I've read many articles on how taking biotin supplements might not help our hair to grow faster since our bodies already produce it. So its like if we take more biotin our body will just get rid of it because we don't need it. Can someone please clear this up for me? Right now i am taking Natures bounty Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins, (3000mg of biotin) and i really see that it makes my nails grow and i hope it does the same for my hair. However i don't want it to be a mind of matter issue for me so has anyone had any luck with taking Biotin?

aileendq

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin a day (along with 1000 mg of MSM and other supplements) and I get about an inch per month. Of course, retention is another matter entirely, but.....

The thing is, you have to get past the detox phase, which causes breakouts, but once you do, I think you'll be pleasantly be surprised. Also, you need to know that it will cause hair growth everywhere, not just on your face!

TLC1020

I've been taking 5000 mcg of biotin for a few months also, hopefully I see some results soon...

sweetlaughter

My opinion of supplements is that they help you reach your potential max growth rate because you might be deficient in a vitamin. For some people it is faster than others. I have been taking biotin for about nine months now and added msm about five months ago. For me they helped me to achieve a better growth rate and thicker hair.

Also: Remember the hair and nails are some of the last things in the body to receive nutrients.

lwilliams1922

I get results, but only freeda brand gets me more growth. I average 1 inch when i'm on it and 1/2 inch when not taking it.

empressri

I know SO was taking them...and had to shave and get haircuts more frequently. He was also taking lecithin and this didn't happen after a few months either lol. It was before that. So yeah.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Yes. I used to take Nature's Bounty brand. You also have to remember that everything does not work the same way for everybody. Make sure you are also taking a multivitamin. It's hard to find evidence online if something works unless it's a pharmaceutical drug. I dig out most of my testimonies on here, because the ladies have never done me wrong.
IMO.

Glamiam

Thank you ladies for the replies! and another thing, i always hear that we should take a multi-vitamin with hair supplements, but when i look at the ingredients on the bottle of my hair supplements, its the same as my multi-vitamins but just way more in mcg! Do we really need to take a multi-vitamin in that case?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Thank you ladies for the replies! and another thing, i always hear that we should take a multi-vitamin with hair supplements, but when i look at the ingredients on the bottle of my hair supplements, its the same as my multi-vitamins but just way more in mcg! Do we really need to take a multi-vitamin in that case?

It depends. You have to find out what your body needs. I take a multi. I also take extra calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. My skin was dry so I threw in some omegas. I threw in B vitamins for energy and then added biotin for growth. See? lol
I am very careful with my dosages though.

bravenewgirl87

I take 5000 mcg of Biotin a day (along with 1000 mg of MSM and other supplements) and I get about an inch per month. Of course, retention is another matter entirely, but.....

The thing is, you have to get past the detox phase, which causes breakouts, but once you do, I think you'll be pleasantly be surprised. Also, you need to know that it will cause hair growth everywhere, not just on your face!

Ditto to all, especially the hair everywhere.