Anyone taking vitamins or supplements for your hair?

Anyone taking vitams or supplements for your hair?

• Yes, religiously!

Votes: 232 60.1%
  • Yes, when I remember

Votes: 134 34.7%
  • No, they don't seem to work

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • No, they cost too much

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • No, I don't need to

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CandyCurls

Hairfinity and Nioxin gave me tons of growth, but horrible acne that I'm still dealing with months later. My Swanson Horsetail Silica came yesterday. Please don't tell me Horsetail causes acne too.

tiajanae

So i take Nioxin religiously once a day. i've been seeing a lot of threads where you guys are taking the GNC ultranourish, and hair skin and nails. think i'll add this once daily and see what results I get.. :grin:

Aggie

I have been taking Hairfinity hair vitamins for 1.5 months now and have a 4.5 months of them left to take. I need to give them a fair trial so if they prove to be really good, I will be ordering another 6 months supply with the newsletter discount and to get the free shipping offer as well.

honeybearmommy32

only 5k biotin daily for a year now... my nails are ROCK hard! and my new growth have never been as COURSE in my entire 33 years.... i got them from the kroger and walmart around 10 bucks...

regina07

I tried Nioxin - nothing. Now I take 30k mcg biotin, b-12, MSM and silica. I can't say I've seen a change in my nails but I have minimal shedding with my hair.

hair4romheaven

Tried hairfinity for 6mnths it worked well. Using nioxin as it was a gift. I have 6 90tab bottles. I guess i'll see how they really work.

Spongebob

I'm using nioxin at the moment and its absolutely amazing, I'm putting all my other vits on hold at the moment, dont wanna go overboard

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I just started taking my Iron supplements, 1000 mcg Biotin and a Multivitamin. It was about time. I don't always eat the healthiest

D.Lisha

I"m currently taking Nioxin Recharging Complex two times daily,
I"ve also taken the liberty of crushing my left over biotin vits into my shampoo mix......I have terrible breakouts when I take them by mouth.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

DivaJones

I am currently taking Korean Red Ginseng 1x a day, Prenatal Vitamins 1x a day, Omega 3 1x a day, and Garlic Pills 1x a day. I have seen a huge difference with my hair and with me taking all of these my hair is getting really thick and I am stretching for 20 weeks bc of the GHE challenge! That is the longest I have ever stretched. Excited to see what my hair thickness will look like one I relax!

Kindheart

I took hairfinity for a month .Today i started taking Nouritress . I noticed (with hairfinity)an improvement in my nails and hair thickness ,it feels a bit "heavier" but the shedding is pretty much the same and haven't noticed any significant growth since i started taking ithem . Perhaps i should ve persevered for another couple of months ,wish they weren't so darn expensive!

CurlsOnFire23

Hairfinity pills. Today will make it a month that i've been taking them.

Hopefully I'll start seeing results once I start the new bottle...hmmm..

baddison

natural for good
Started takeing HairFinity January 21st, 2012. All I can say - since its been over 6months now - is WOW!!! :wow: Cant wait for my next relaxer to see what this tremendous new growth :hair: looks like!!!

nysister

Currently I take large doses of Collagen daily.

I'll start back with Chlorella once I get some more.

I also take Nettle here and there.

AtlantaJJ

Collagen protein for my hair, skin, nails, joints, ligaments, tendons, bones, muscles, etc. (anything left?) :lol:

MsDes

Some of yall are taking way too many vitamins. Can't you just take a multivitamin and call it a day? I suck at taking vitamins because I don't always remember to take them. And plus I hate swallowing big horse pills. I would like a multi that is small and easy to swallow then maybe I'll be more consistent.

pinkness27

SexySin985 is that your daughter? she is too cute!

I really like hairfinity. It has given me fullness/thickness, and length. I did have to up my water intake to 6 glasses a day bc I was breaking out w/my very little water intake before (I was having maybe around 2 glasses a day max before). I also had to start taking the pills in the morning bc I was starting to get these strange dreams when I took them at night.

SexySin985

SexySin985 is that your daughter? she is too cute!

I really like hairfinity. It has given me fullness/thickness, and length. I did have to up my water intake to 6 glasses a day bc I was breaking out w/my very little water intake before (I was having maybe around 2 glasses a day max before). I also had to start taking the pills in the morning bc I was starting to get these strange dreams when I took them at night.

Yes, that's my little princess. Thankx:yep:

And thankx for your reply. I have a bottle that I bought a while back. I need to be more consistent when it comes to vitamins and water intake:ohwell: I'm glad you like the vitamins. HHG:grin:

brightest12day

I've been taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega vitamins and GNC MSM for about a month and a half. About 3wks ago I added Flaxseed oil, garlic (to hopefully stop some shedding), and saw palmetto. So far so good--no headaches, breakouts, and my skin looks great! Will update re: hair progress in about a month.

Quick Update:
So, I did a length check today and just wanted to say that this saw palmetto is the TRUTH! It's actually been about three weeks of taking one 450mg pill/day and I kid you not, I've gotten about 2" of growth. Maybe this will be a one-time deal, but I sure hope not! I plan to be on a personal no heat challenge for the month of August so stay tuned for my update in Sept. I also finally tried a black tea rinse because 3wks of garlic pills hadn't affected the shedding problem much. After today, I think I'll be incorporating the rinses too! :yep:

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm currently taking daily:

General Health:
- One A day multi-vitamin
- 18mg Iron( for Anemia)
- Enzyme Probiotic Complex for digestion & nutritional absorption

For hair growth:
- GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair (until Nioxin recharging complex is back on shelves - Awesome!)
- Biotin (5000 mcg) + (1000mcg in hair vitamin)
- MSM (2000mg)

I also take liquid garlic on occasion and I might start taking Niacin again in the future.