WOW-I THINK BIOTIN MADE MY HAIR GROW FASTER!!!

SherryLove

thank you ladies for turning me on to biotin through your numerous posts.....

I have been taking two (2) multivits per day for the past 10 years. In April of this year, I began consuming 1200 mcg of biotin in addition to my multivits which already contain 100 mcg of biotin. within the past month, i have noticed my hair has grown faster than it ever has in a one-month period. I think it is fair to deduce that the increased consumption of biotin has increased my hair growth rate. So far, I have had no adverse side effects.....my new growth is also much thicker.....

some of you have already seen these pics on previous posts.....they were taken on june 13 (after the big snip) and july 17.....

hyclasschick1

Hey Sherry Love!

This has made me so happy! Im going to get my biotin! your hair is so long pretty! Are you relaxing your hair still? Its beautiful!

Victorian

old head
I just started taking PP Biotin a couple weeks ago. i can tell something is going on...

Wow that is a lot of growth, SherryLove. I hope my hair takes off growing like that!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sherry Love!

This has made me so happy! Im going to get my biotin! your hair is so long pretty! Are you relaxing your hair still? Its beautiful!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah unfortunately.....

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I just started taking PP Biotin a couple weeks ago. i can tell something is going on...

Wow that is a lot of growth, SherryLove. I hope my hair takes off growing like that!

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope so too.

we are now members of the biotin hair growing club.......

hyclasschick1

I mentioned this in another post but Puritans Pride now has the biotin in the 5mg (5000mcg) Capsules! So instead of taking 5 1mg(1000mcg), you can take 1 capsule! Im so excited!!!

hyclasschick1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sherry Love!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah unfortunately.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The biotin has benefited you well! Im happy for you

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned this in another post but Puritans Pride now has the biotin in the 5mg (5000mcg) Capsules! So instead of taking 5 1mg(1000(mcg, you can take 1 capsule! Im so excited!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW that's a lot.....take some pics... keep us posted......

Zoe

I just started taking the Biotin 2500 mcg.. How many pills should I be taking daily..

JazzAngel

Sherrylove, how many inches did you gain? It's more than one inch from what I can see. Did you measure it?

This is awesome!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Sherrylove, how many inches did you gain? It's more than one inch from what I can see. Did you measure it?

This is awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

NO....in my excitement, i have not even measured it yet... go figure.....

hyclasschick1

@Sherry

I will! I want my hair as long as yours mine is at my collar bone right now. I wear a weave most of the time and I get it washed every two weeks and redone every 8 weeks! So by the end of 8 weeks I should be able to tell how far my hair has grown. YAY!!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I just started taking the Biotin 2500 mcg.. How many pills should I be taking daily..

[/ QUOTE ]

i am definitely not an authority on this... i am scared to take more than what i am taking......some women who consumed a lot complained of breakouts...maybe you should start small and gradually increase your intake....

debyjay

BlackCardinal and hyclasschick1 expect good if not great results, I started taking biotin six weeks ago and I have a lot of new growth. I'm going for a touch-up on Sunday and can't wait to see exactly how much growth it is.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal and hyclasschick1 expect good if not great results, I started taking biotin six weeks ago and I have a lot of new growth. I'm going for a touch-up on Sunday and can't wait to see exactly how much growth it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope it is a lot, debyjay......

vevster

Since I started my vitamin regim is about 3 weeks ago, I do see new growth. I read that it takes between 30 -90 days for supplements to show a 'real' difference in hair.

I like my routine and plan to stick with it.

For the first 2 weeks I doubled my dose of Biotin and Iron to jumpstart my blood.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
I stopped my vitamin regimen out of laziness. I guess, it's time to start swallowing again.
Thanks for the info everyone,
Peace

lainee

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say (as a nursing student), Biotin can surely aid in the growth of hair, but it can also be hazardous to a person's health when taken in excess, so my advice as a
would be to do whatever is best for you because what may work for one may not always work for another...Good luck!

Sherrylove, as a long time lurker, I have to say your hair is fabulous! You are truly blessed to have that beautiful head of hair, keep it up!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say (as a nursing student), Biotin can surely aid in the growth of hair, but it can also be hazardous to a person's health when taken in excess, so my advice as a
would be to do whatever is best for you because what may work for one may not always work for another...Good luck!

Sherrylove, as a long time lurker, I have to say your hair is fabulous! You are truly blessed to have that beautiful head of hair, keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the compliment and advice.. i do not plan to take more than 1300 mcg...........

karen

SherryLove

"Wow" is correct, I'm amazed at your hair growth, so the first picture is taken on june 13 and the second is july 17 of the same year here? oh my, it looks like your hair has grown at least 2 inches in a month then, your hair is so beautiful and shiny by the way, I've been taking so much biotin but I don't even get an inch per month yet, wow I wish I had your head, lol.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove

"Wow" is correct, I'm amazed at your hair growth, so the first picture is taken on june 13 and the second is july 17 of the same year here? oh my, it looks like your hair has grown at least 2 inches in a month then, your hair is so beautiful and shiny by the way, I've been taking so much biotin but I don't even get an inch per month yet, wow I wish I had your head, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long have you been taking it???????/

Victorian

old head
This is so exciting! I'm taking 2 1000mcg tablets of biotin, plus a B-100 Complex from PP (has 100mcg of biotin) and I was already taking a multivitamin (30mcg of biotin), so 2130mcg total. I started feeling some "sensations" in my scalp after the first week.

Zoe: I agree with SherryLove that you should start with a small amount. If your pills are 2500mcg then one of those would already be more than I'm taking. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any kind of reaction to them. I haven't had any break outs or anything so far, and since I'm already noticing some action in my scalp, I think I'll leave it at this dose for a while.

debyjay: yup
I'm hoping I can get an inch and a half or so by the time I get my "back to school" touch-up in mid september. If it works out, I'm aiming high for bra-strap by Christmas!