WOW-I THINK BIOTIN MADE MY HAIR GROW FASTER!!!

Victorian

old head
bramde,
it's never stupid to ask a question, especially around here

Yes, biotin can usually be found at health food stores or wherever you can get supplements. Many also order online.

G

I'm happy to here about your progress. Biotin is the bomb isn't it?! Girl you'll be waistelength in no time at all. You already have a very beautiful head of hair and I can only imagine how it will look once it reaches that length

You might have to change your screen name to Pocahontas on the go! Keep up the great work!

NYCITY

I have the PP Biotin that has on front 1000mcg. Is that waht is in each pill and how many should I really be taking. How much do the ladies here who take PP Biotin take daily?

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]

welcome,. dahllia....

I began growing my hair from an ear length in May of 2000. I believe it was about 10 inches then. My hair just measured in at 30 inches in June of this year (2003). It actually took three years to gain 20 inches.....

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!! Yeah I kind of figured I had it all wrong.

Victorian

old head
nycity,

That's the same kind I have. I'm taking 2 per day, but it seems like people are taking a variety of doses. I would say start with one or two to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions. Increase later if you think you need more.

vevster

Per Ann Louise Gittleman, nutritionist, the theraputic dose of Biotin is 5 mg. NOT mcgms

She says to double that dose 10 mg for the first 2 weeks to 'jumpstart' things..

Hope this helps someone!

phynestone

Can somebody please tell me where I can get Puritan's Pride Biotin? Is it as good as the biotin sold at GNC?

kasey

Congrats SherryLove on your super growth.

Regarding dosage, some of the resources that I have seen suggest one to three mg of biotin daily to improve hair quality and growth. --kc

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Sherry!!!! I love PP Biotin. I would like to try the Freeda brand too...

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks again, ladies.... Now, is anyone experiencing kinkier new growth???????

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
See I knew you had a lot of growth in one month sherrylove! Remember I said so on your other post when you posted your pics
after the cut?

I take Biotin too, and I had more growth than usual lately, but since I haven't been on it long I'm trying to wait and see if it's really the Biotin or other things that's making it grow more.

Still working on my pics. I'm supposed to pick them up today then I'm gonna scan them. I think I'll just get one of those PC cameras once I start my album to keep it updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am waiting with bated breath...

lunalight7

Sherry,
I began taking biotin and MSM at the same time. My new growth comes in softer w/ looser curls but I think its the MSM. Try it!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Sherry,
I began taking biotin and MSM at the same time. My new growth comes in softer w/ looser curls but I think its the MSM. Try it!

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you get it from//// is it a multivitamin????????

karen

It's a supplement, yes I guess sorta like a mineral or vitamin. I used to buy my MSM at walmart, they sell MSM by itself or u can go to a health food store, I've read on hair forum that said that MSM is supposed to make your hair shed less, or make the life of each individual strand longer.

karen

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
It's a supplement, yes I guess sorta like a mineral or vitamin. I used to buy my MSM at walmart, they sell MSM by itself or u can go to a health food store, I've read on hair forum that said that MSM is supposed to make your hair shed less, or make the life of each individual strand longer.

karen

[/ QUOTE ]

thank,,karen

SherryLove

Once my hair reached the length it did in December 2003, I no longer felt the need to take the biotin. A multivitamin is sufficient enough. Now I do not care how fast or slow it grows.

YuNg

sherry did the amount of biotin you took ever lose its effectiveness while you was taking it? Did you have to take more?