Anyone taking vitamins or supplements for your hair?

Anyone taking vitams or supplements for your hair?

• Yes, religiously!

Votes: 232 60.1%
  • Yes, when I remember

Votes: 134 34.7%
  • No, they don't seem to work

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • No, they cost too much

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • No, I don't need to

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NappturalWomyn

No. My hair is growing better more now that I am off the vitamin cocktails. I am taking Vitamin Code for Women by Garden of Life and 100 mg of CoQ10 daily. That's it. I tried to do just Flintstone vitamins and they were so NASTY I couldn't handle it. I am happier with just this.

Mahogany213

I've been taking BioSil (capsules) for the past two months and have had great results so far! My hair is much thicker and has grown quite a bit. My skin also looks healthier. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my nails though, but other than that i've been very pleased .

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'm pretty good at taking my vits when I am supposed to. I take
a women's multivitamin
HSN vitamin (1000mcg biotin)
Omega 369

Liege4421

I voted "yes,when I remember."

I usually take my vits just before bed.

The only vitamin I'm taking is GNC Women's Ultra Mega. I might add biotin, but I'm just too tired lately.

Yes, ITA! The GNC Women's Ultra Mega is, IMO, the best vitamin on the market. If you take two of these, you don't need to supplement with anything else (except a Flaxseed or a Fish Oil). These vitamins are jam-packed with goodies, incl 100% of your daily biotin dosage. They used to be really expensive, but now I think you can get a one-month or 45 day supply for like 18 dollars (which is not that much more than a "One-a-Day" if you actually look at the vitamin content...GNC has much more vitamins and minerals).

KinkyKurlyKim

I take quite a few things to aid in my weight loss journey...down 50 pounds since October yay! Besides those, I take 3 of your standard Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins daily. I'm not really taking them to speed up growth. I just want my new growth to come in strong and healthy is all :)

casey3035

Shen men
chlorella powder
MSM
Biotin
Flax seed omega oil
Coq 10
L-carnitine
I take half of these in my Chlorella/O.J drink in the morning and then again before bed. Except the MSM I take 2 in the morning(nightmare prevention):grin:
Topical..............Surgeplus14

Aggie

Phytospecific Cap'n Energy Vitamin

You start seeing results after about 2 months but it has definitely grown out my hair

sqzbly1969

ITA with you sqzbly. My hair is growing in a lot faster now that I am taking these vitamins. It's time for me to reorder them now though. I'll order more at the end of next month I think. I need to start my 90 day Nioxin Recharging Complex and halfway finish them before ordering more Cap Energy.

I did vote yes, when I remember because my lifestyle is so busy sometimes and I forget. Thank goodness for the daily Supplement thread which reminds me to take them when I check my emails.

sweetlaughter

b complex (water soluble so not a problem) - hair skin and energy
biotin (also water soluble) - hair
msm (stays in system about 12 hours so I take twice daily) - hair
chlorella - hair and detox
cod liver oil - hair skin and nails
one-a-day - general health
calcium - i am allergic to dairy and can only have lactose free and greek yogurt
CoQ10 - energy and heart health
B12 - energy
cinnamon (helps regulate blood sugar) - blood sugar and masks taste of cod liver oil

for every vitamin i take, i check the max amount i can take (and if it's water soluble) and what the side effects are. HTH someone out there!

Tiye

Is it healthy to take all those supplements at one time? I was told at the pharmacy to stick with one. :sad:

^^ It depends on what else you're taking. i.e. If you take meds - esp for a serious health condition then you need to consider the how they effect and are effected by anything else you take, eat or drink. Sometimes vitamins help other times they don't mix. So if you take meds then do your research.

I take several vitamins for overall health and this includes my hair. I just picked up a jar of biotin coz my nails need help this summer and hopefully it will do a little something for my hair too.

Aggie

New supplement added to my vitamin regimen is Kelp. I learned that it is a good thyroid support vitamin, helps with weight loss, boosts energy, has a lot of minerals, great for hair growth and contains iodine that helps with fat/weight loss. I bought one by Nature's Way.

Curly Luul

Until recently I was taking multi- vitamins and botin for my hair and nails. I will carry on with the multi- vitamins but I have stopped the Botin, yes it made the hair on my head grow but it was giving me unwanted hair too:nono:

My arms were always hairless but two months of taking the botin my arms have become hairy and other areas which i'd rather not mention :lachen: :blush:. Having long hair is great but i dont need hairy arms ......... i wonder now that i have stopped taking the botin, will the hair on my arms stop growing?:perplexed

baddison

natural for good
Nioxin Recharging Supplements
1mg Biotin
GNC Triple Strength Omega-3 Fish Oils
GNC Women's Ultra Multivitamin/Multimineral
Iron

....that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

All taken once-a-day in the AM, and I'm done

Truth

Until recently I was taking multi- vitamins and botin for my hair and nails. I will carry on with the multi- vitamins but I have stopped the Botin, yes it made the hair on my head grow but it was giving me unwanted hair too:nono:

My arms were always hairless but two months of taking the botin my arms have become hairy and other areas which i'd rather not mention :lachen: :blush:. Having long hair is great but i dont need hairy arms ......... i wonder now that i have stopped taking the botin, will the hair on my arms stop growing?:perplexed

^^^ ditto I was taking gnc ultra nourish ..till I realized all my other hair's are being nourished as well :look:... i'm already a hairy girl.. I dont need extra help lol

fletgee

I take the Andrew Lessman Hair Skin and Nails vitamins. Because of my cancer I take 6 meds a day. So my doctors must approve every thing (all other meds) I take-even vitamins. He alows me one per week. But I can see the difference even with that. My hair is stronger and is growing. My nails are no longer like butter. They no longer crack down in the pink area of my nail. And I actually cut my nails because they we growing too long.

I do wonder what results I would have if I could take them every day. But I'm a good girl and am doing what I'm told.

mistee11

I'm taking a multi-vitamin, Co-Q10, Biotin, ALA, Garlic & a Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc w/Vitamin D supplement daily. I had been suffering from alopecia for the past year. A doctor that I was seeing placed me on a mega dosage of Vitamin D and told me to supplement it with 5000 mg of it daily. Needless to say almost all of the bald patches have grown back with the exception of a slower growing area in the nape. Thank you Jesus!! Y'all just don't know how depressed I was... But now I'm just not so focused on my hair as much as I used to be. I did a bc back in February out of necessity and I've been wiggin and weaving ever since. Relaxing and I are two things that should never relate ever again!!

Vashti

I'm giving the biotin/b-complex vitamins a rest for a few months. Next month when I start looking to buy more supplements for cold/flu season I'm thinking of also buying a silica supplement. I've heard some good things about it as far as hair growth and other health benefits.

makeupgirl

HSN (3500 mcg biotin)
Vitamin D 50000 (I always have a vitamin d deficiency so this is under doctor's orders)
I was taking my multi-vitamin but I have no idea where they are
vitamin b complex

I'm working my way back up to drinking a gallon of water a day