Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and rollersets in public?

Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and or rollerset in public?

• Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet where ever I want.

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • No. I would never wear a scarf/bonnet in public.

Votes: 162 58.5%
  • Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet in public, but it depends on the place.

Votes: 79 28.5%
  • I don't wear scarves.

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes. I wear a rollerset anywhere and everywhere.

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • No. I never wear a rollerset in public.

Votes: 127 45.8%
  • Yes. I wear a rollerset in public, but it depends on the place

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • I don't rollerset.

Votes: 16 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweetCaramel1

on tuesday mornings when i dont have class and have to take my daughter to school i dont want to take off my scarf. i tried to stuff a cap on over it but it just wont work (head is much too big).

i wanna invest in some of those pretty scarfs that people tie over their head and knot in the back. it looks kinda ethnic and fashionable with the big earrings and all. i havent seen many ladies do this lately. maybe im outta date :confused:

Suerte

Letitia said:
Even at a 1:00 am wal mart run.....ummmm NOOOO! My mom has always taught me that you never know who you just might see. :eek:

I agree with another poster who said, I dont want someone I havent seen in 7 years to see me looking a HAM.

Now I dont look all divalicious...Just no scarf, rag, wrap cap, or rollers....No! lol

I feel that... I guess I just don't really care what a total stranger is thinking about me.

And... well... the neighborhood I live in and the gated neighborhood that connects to it is basically all NBA families/local TV personalities... when I see guys who make $20 million a year walking their dogs with nasty lookin' stained sweatshirts and ashy *** legs... it kinda takes that *edge* off :lol:

A_Christian

I usually wear my scarf in public if I'm traveling long distances and don't want my hair rubbing against the car seat for hours at a time but I'm not wearing no rollers out in public, lol :lol:.

Amour

Funny this thread came up... b/c last night my bf wanted to get a red bull from the petrol station which is just like 1 min away driving, and he wanted me to come.. and I asked him if I can come with my satin bonnet on, he was like yeah just hurry up... and it reminded me of that thread about someones husband.I was only messing to see what he said, I thought about it then decided against it, I kep thinking what if we see someone or what if something happens and we got to get out of the car plus I had on my long african print skirt, a hoodie :look: and heels and thought the bonnet would be tooooo much.

It reminds me though, when I used to work at GAP there was a woman shopping around with a her hair all up in rollers... I was amazed :eek:

KiniKakes

When I am traveling a distance (via car/train/plane/bus), I definitely do, if I am alone or with my sister. ;) This is esp. the case if I have an event to go to once I arrive at my destination. :p

But when i am traveling with my BF, absoltuely not. He dont play that at all! :mad: :lol:

KiniKakes

A_Christian said:
I usually wear my scarf in public if I'm traveling long distances and don't want my hair rubbing against the car seat for hours at a time but I'm not wearing no rollers out in public, lol :lol:.

Right! I just dont believe in getting all flossy to travel, esp. cuz ure hair is usually brushing against the rough fabric of the seat. That is murder on your ends!!!! :D

And yes, i draw the line at rollers in public as well. Even i have my limits. :lol:

blazingthru

Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and or rollerset in public?

Yes. I wear my scarf where ever I want.

I do wear a decorative scarf every now and again not the scarf I sleep in. I would never go out with a bonnet unless its an emergency. Like I have to take my daughter to the hospital and for some reason it is always in the middle of the night. Always I might have my bonnet on and rushing for get to take it off but when I get to the hospital and she gets settle I fix my hair up. Its a new thing wearing bonnets out I think its horrible. Scarves are nice depending on the design of it and how its worn.

cabellera

I am so glad that someone started a thread on this subject. I was always instructed that when a woman left her home, it was time for her to "present" herself and to always be "presentable" in public. I would think that would mean presenting my hair in its best possible way in public.

I never understood the female thats out and about while in rollers or a conditioning cap. I mean perhaps to your mailbox or to pick up the paper at the end of the driveway, but to see you walking down the street or in stores, not a good sight to behold. :(

Call me old fashioned, but rollers sets, plastic bags are a part of an "unfinished" process. Please don't come out until the process is complete! :lol: Let the world see your best self. Believe me, life will present plenty of scenarios for your hair to have an off day without you deliberately contributing to it.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Yes. I wear my scarf or bonnet to the laundromat across the street or the convenience store at the other corner.

But if I'm leaving the block, I have to comb my hair or cover it up with a decent hat.

A_Christian

KiniKakes said:
Right! I just dont believe in getting all flossy to travel, esp. cuz ure hair is usually brushing against the rough fabric of the seat. That is murder on your ends!!!! :D

And yes, i draw the line at rollers in public as well. Even i have my limits. :lol:

:lol: I just saw your response, Ahh great minds think alike, especially when it comes to rollers in public places, lol :lol:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'd never wear rollers in my head, but I regularly go out with my scarf on my head. I really could careless what someone else thinks of me. Plus, I don't go very far from my house most days. I usually have on a hat or cap, so most of the times, people can't even see the scarf. I'd never wear a scarf to a nice resturant or anything though, unless I tied it up like a headband or somethinh.

Me2

I wear my bonnet/scarf/rollerset to the gym. It's ladies only so I'm not the only one :D. If I must go to the store I will only go with a pretty satin scarf or a hat over my scarf or my conditioning cap (like the quick ride to Sonics for a slushe last night ;) ). I also wear a scarf/bonnet in the car for trips but that's about it.

InnerSoul

gosh I could never wear my rollerset, and satin cap in public:lol:

though I should never say never... I guess if there is an emergency, I probably wouldn't care how I looked. But I still voted for No, not wearing it in public.

imstush

Nope, I don't wear rollersets or scarves in public. I barely stick my head out the window with a scarf on my head.

bLackButtaFly

If I wear a scarf in public no one knows because it;s covered by a hat. What would my mother say if she saw me out in public with rollers in my hair? I cringe to think.

plastic

hahha just yesterday I saw a girl in the bus with a satin bonnet on her head . I had to speak to her to find out where the bus went and she seemed annoyed because instead of asking her a question i was just staring at that bonnet. Anyhow I answered No and No .. unless im going in my backyard

southern_girl

southern_girl
I would never ever wear rollers or a scarf in public. Now should I ever have the misfortune to lose my hair due to illness or something I'm sure I would. Just as I would never frown upon someone who does b/c I don't know their circumstances.

cecilie

I don't wear my night scarf in public but sometimes I wear my night scarf (with deep conditionner and plastic cap ) and another one over .( like several african we use to wear scarf in public )

Last edited:

DivaD04

i like my scarves but i don't like to look homely so i dress up my scarves w/ earrings and lip gloss maybe a lil more make up depends on where i'm going...formaly ah heck naw but just out in about yup! i don't rollerset but if i did i wouldn't want to look tradional with a set.

PassionFruit

I will wear a scarf and/or rollerset in public in a HOT minute... and I even got the nerve to put on lipgloss when I do it...

hmph sashaying my cute self right on to the express line...

discodumpling

Grown –assed woman coming through:yep:…I wear my scarf wherever, & whenever necessary. I carry a silk scarf in my pocket book just in case I feel the need to wear it. I’m serious about this hair growing thing and will not sacrifice my progress for anybody.I’m cute with or without it. Sometimes I wear it to deter male attention to no avail....it's probably more about TnA for the men in my hood...

Last edited:

PassionFruit

Grown –assed woman coming through:yep:…I wear my scarf wherever, & whenever necessary. I carry a silk scarf in my pocket book just in case I feel the need to wear it. I’m serious about this hair growing thing and will not sacrifice my progress for anybody.I’m cute with or without it. Sometimes I wear it to deter male attention to no avail....it's probably more about TnA for the men in my hood...

I tend to get more male attention when I look a mess than when Im trying to be cute... not sure what that says about me or the meet I see when Im out & about...