How do you (usually) wear your hair to sleep?

BronzyBella

I usually wear my hair in a bun or ponytail with the ends tucked under during the day. At night, I make a loose bun with a scrunchie and cover it with a satin scarf/bonnet. BUT, there have been days when I wake up, all of a sudden decide that I want to wear my hair in a simple ponytail... and it doesn't look straight/sleek. It has some wave/crimp to it because of the way I wore to bed.:ohwell:

I heard that some girls do a lose bun, some make a high ponytail, and others pin curl, bantu knot, or wear soft rollers to bed.

How do you usually wear your hair to sleep? And why?

LovelyZ

I usually wear a high ponytail in a satin scrunchie covered with a satin scarf. I wear this to keep my hair protected and also because on the daily I wear my hair in a low bun and I like to switch the position so there is less stress on one part of my hair.

angelita842002

I always wear in a loose bun with a satin scarf on head. I cowash and night and put it in a bun so when i wake up all i have to do is add a little more mositurizer a bit of jam and thats it. I usually dont have to brush it. My hair especially the fron stays pretty straight this way.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
For stick straight hair I wear two ponytails and band it all the way down to the ends. It comes out straight w/ no bend.

For straight hair w/ a slight bend I'll do one big pincurl in the back. It comes out like I bumped it under w/ a curling iron.

After I rollerset I usually wear one bantu knot and it comes out in loose waves w/ curls on the ends.

If I'm wearing my hair natural I'll pin it back loosely into a low ponytail w/ duckbill clips and cover w/ a scarf.

I sleep in so many ways, lol.

TowsonGirl

If I'm wearing my hair straight, I ALWAYS pincurl it at nite and tie w/ a satin scarf. If I'm wearing a curly set, I wear rollers to bed to maintain the curls.

crlsweetie912

When I bun, I usually take it out at night. Moisturize ends and baggie, then tie with a satin/silk scarf. Then I re-do my bun in the morning.

bablou00

Right after a relaxer I will wrap my hair about once a week. If I work out I will leave it down then put on a silk bonnet and it helps to flatten it out but gives a curl at the end (if that makes sense). I sometimes roller wrap but thats during days I dont have to go anywhre because I never know how that is going to turn out :eek: Hope that gives u some ideas. Oh yeah I moisturize every night regardless what I do

Precious_1

will somebody please tell me what a pin curl is and how you do it: :) I push it behind my ears, wear a satin cap and moisturize every night. AND sleep on a satin pillowcase just in case that falls off.

Last edited:

keluric

Two french braids or fat twists.

When I heat-styled my hair, I attempted to wrap it.. did NOT work out. I ended up doing a ponytail.

rdm

Recently, I have just put on a satin cap and that is it!!! When I am good, I wrap it with a scarf.

inthepink

The way I wear my hair at night usually depends on how I want to wear it the next day. If I know I'm just doing a bun or ponytail, I'll sleep in a bun or pin it up. If I'm planning to wear it down and curly, I'll roll it. Otherwise, I just pin it up with hair clips. Always with my satin scarf.

camellia

Usually I just wear a bun, sometimes I moisturize, sometimes I don't bother.:look:

If I feel like being sexy I'll take my hair down and smooth a little moisturizer through it before I go to bed.;)

renee_n_3000

I grab my hair at the nape and twist it all the way upwards in one big twist. I fold that once or twice and pin it up with a few large U-shaped hairpins. I cover that with a satin scarf.

In the morning, I'll either leave my hair wavy after I let it down or comb it out to get it straight again before doing whatever style I'm wearing that day.

BronzyBella

Pokahontas said:
For stick straight hair I wear two ponytails and band it all the way down to the ends. It comes out straight w/ no bend.

For straight hair w/ a slight bend I'll do one big pincurl in the back. It comes out like I bumped it under w/ a curling iron.

Both these methods sound great! I actually airdry my hair in two banded ponytails, and it comes out pretty straight... I never thought about doing this at night though.

Namilani

I moisturize faithfully EVERY night. What I do so with varies (KeraCare oil moisturizer, Africa's Best Hair Mayo, Motions CPR Lotion...), and sometime I seal with different things (oils, serum, oils sheen...). And nine times out of ten I'm gonna wrap it and tie it up with my du-rag. My edges haven't been covered lately, so I need to implement my satin bonnet up in there somewhere for that.

dimpalz

When I was relaxed I'd wrap it and put it under a headscarf or durag if I was wearing it out the next day or just comb it all back and put in the headscarf of I was wearing it any other way.

Now it's natural I do one of 2 things. If it was wash day, it'd be in twists ready for the twistout for the next 3 days so I just put a headscarf on the damp twists. If it's any other day I just try smooth it back a bit (near impossible at this length) and wrap the headscarf round and hope the sides aint too flat in the morning.

Even wen I had a 1 inch twa I HAD to sleep with something on my head. I tried without once but ended up waking up and puttin it on anyway.

amberways

I wrap my hair pretty much every night, unless im being lazy ill just throw a satin bonnet on my hair and tuck end under. In the morning it looks like a slight wave.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Karma1981 said:
Both these methods sound great! I actually airdry my hair in two banded ponytails, and it comes out pretty straight... I never thought about doing this at night though.
Yeah, for me it's an alternative to wrapping which I don't like to do much because my right side was thinning. I air-dry in the bands as well.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Just a big bun in the back, very loose. I fasten it with a hair comb and tuck the ends under the scalp hair. No bumps, creases or anything like that. In the morning I moisturize to revive the curls.

Babygurl

I usually wear a bun and just wrap it with a scarf. When Im wearing it down I usually use Sylver2's method...I tie it with a scarf in the front and I put a bonnet on to protect the ends.

sunnybunny

I got the long soft rollers and i roll my hair up every night i don't put any oil on it because my hair dresser conditions my hair so good that it stays soft and moisturized and to much oil or grease makes your hair dirty and ways it down. I also went to the fabric store and brought a piece of 100% silk to wrap around my head it was only $5.00 so I brought a few... You guys have to remember that those satin bonnets and satin or silk scarfs you get from the hair store is not 100% and they take the moisture out of your hair instead of keeping it in......

one love to all!!!!!!!!

FineChyna

Ponytail at the nape of my neck, braided with the ends tucked in and a scarf on my head (which usually falls off when I sleep

Isis

Precious_1 said:
will somebody please tell me what a pin curl is and how you do it: :) I push it behind my ears, wear a satin cap and moisturize every night. AND sleep on a satin pillowcase just in case that falls off.
Here are a couple of good threads on pincurls. I just learned how to do it a few weeks ago and wear it to bed sometimes, along with a silk or satin scarf, bonnet AND a silk pillowcase.;)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=104382

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=100762

Naphy

OMG, I think I do it bad >.< I just put my hair in a ponytail under a scarf and go to sleep.