Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and rollersets in public?

Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and or rollerset in public?

• Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet where ever I want.

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • No. I would never wear a scarf/bonnet in public.

Votes: 162 58.5%
  • Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet in public, but it depends on the place.

Votes: 79 28.5%
  • I don't wear scarves.

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes. I wear a rollerset anywhere and everywhere.

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • No. I never wear a rollerset in public.

Votes: 127 45.8%
  • Yes. I wear a rollerset in public, but it depends on the place

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • I don't rollerset.

Votes: 16 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MamaBraidedIt

*referring to the scarf you use to protect your hairstyle*

Do you wear your scarf/bonnet and rollersets in public?

Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet where ever I want.
No. I would never wear a scarf/bonnet in public.
Yes. I wear my scarf/bonnet in public, but it depends on the place.
I don't wear scarves.
Yes. I wear a rollerset anywhere and everywhere.
No. I never wear a rollerset in public.
Yes. I wear a rollerset in public, but it depends on the place.
I don't rollerset.

Choose all that apply.

NOTE: * REFERRING TO ALL PUBLIC PLACES BESIDES A SALON*

Last edited:

Desert Skye

I do wear my rollersets in public sometimes BUT only in emergencies. Like last time I just finished washing my hair and I remebered my laundry was still at the laundromat and I knew it was done. I was afraid the owner would throw my stuff out so I had to walk down there like that. The other times are when I am getting my mail but thats it.

SignatureBeauty

Yes I have wore my scarf in Public
Yes I have worn my Rollers in Public(when I was relaxed)

I do this usually when I am going to the grocery store or Wal Mart but my scarves are always nice and pretty and match my outfit along with earrings and sexy lip gloss.

I never cared about what others think because I know I Look Good either way. Some may think it is tacky! But I don't. When I shaved my head Bald I mean Kojak Bald I wore it with Pride in Public with my Husband and he said "Nobody Bet Not Say Nothing" LOL!!!!!!!!!!

amwcah

HECK NO!!! :mad:
When I see young ladies protecting their hairstyle in public, I always wonder when do they reveal their hair????? It doesn't make sense to me. What is the sense of having a hairstyle if your never going to style(show) it:confused:

Last edited:

Tee

No, I will either fix my hair or stay at home.

The most I have ever done was were my hair still wrapped up. I was sick and had to go to the grocery store. (I took the scarf off though!)

Bint Yusef

I will wear a headwrap in a heartbeat.

I love seeing older black women fresh from the salon with their hair still in tight roller sets...that always trips me out, reminds me of my grandma.

camellia

I've never had a rollerset.

I don't ever wear scarves or bonnets.

I can't imagine going out in public like that.

STLCoverGirl

I do not now, but when I lived in New York I would. I figured there was soo many people out, it's not like anyone is really paying me too much attention. I would ONLY wear the scarf after I had gone to the Dominican salon and got a roller-wrap. I was not about to get on the train and sweat my hair out, lol.

ashmack

guilty of wearing my scarf in public. I've worn it to Walmart and probably other little stores before. I feel like most of the time the people in Walmart are not worth me messing up my new hair style over. So, if I just came back from the salon and need to run by the store real quick, I will go in with my hair still wrapped, with a scarf. I need to cut back on this habit though...:perplexed

SignatureBeauty

I don't even have a protective style! But I do need to get out of that Habit because it can become a habit very quickly and be sides I think my Hubby is getting sick of seeing it. But I don't do it all the time, but O well, that's me.

caribeandiva

Human being
does going to the mailbox count? if the mailman stops by i usually walk to get the mail with the rollers still on my head.

neenee280

NEVER! I know i will run into someone I have not seen in years and they will say, "Dang, neenee looks like a HAM!"

Pet peeve - seeing women color coordinate with their satin bonnet! I was at the BSS store and this young girl was buying them up to match them up with her clothes. I was seriously gagging!!!!!!!!

AwesomelyNappy

I've never worn a bonnet out in public, i wont even go get the newspaper or answer the door with it on. I only wear bonnets around the house an to sleep in ... buttttt... i have/do wear scarves on the regular. mainly as a protective style with a phony pony or my hair down under it. Or if i have braids in my hair a little toooo long...* newgrowth *... i'll wear a scarf to hide it. Or to hide the newgrowth along my edges since i'm stretching. Or i'll fold my scarf up like a headband and wear my hair down around it or in a phony pony with bangs (it looks cute actually). I've grown attached to them, but hope to kick the habbit once i sucessfully make it to APL at the end of this year (hopefully crossing fingers and praying to hair gods!!!).

Last edited:

sholly6

I do sometimes well most times lol, my son always tease me and said the other day do you every take your bonnet off?:eek:

i do it a lot. most of the time i do it until my edges dry, so they can be smooth. or sometimes, i may have to go to class and i may not have to time to do my hair...or if i need to run to the store, i grab my scarf and go. but it is a nasty habit, cause at one point at the beginning of the semester i wore my scarf for 2 weeks straight!!!! :eek: i've since vowed not to wear my scarf in public for the rest of the school year :lol:

glamazon386

dlewis said:
NO, No, No, and NO! Well just NO!

:lachen: When I was relaxed I only wore it pincurled on my way home from the Dominican Salon. Other than that no. I wouldn't go out the house like that.

V

vivadiva85

Nah. I have thought about both cases, but I just couldn't find the heart to do it.

Suerte

Obviously I haven't been doing my Are You That Girl challenge.

But I answered that I don't rollerset...and that I wear my scarf in certain places.

ThursdayGirl

Sorry, no. I don't wear any nighttime scarves or bonnets out. I will not wear rollers/rollersets out.

I do have decorative scarves that I wear like a kerchief (but my hair is still done under them) and when my hair was shorter, I wore a headwrap.

ETDelete... part of my opinion that was getting O/T.

Last edited:

Suerte

:lachen:

I know I can't be the only one in Wal Mart @ 1am with my hair wrapped up.

For the ladies who say they NEVER do... you don't even have your hair put away to go pick up dry cleaning, or run into the 7-11, or go to the ATM machine, or into Mail Boxes Etc?

It would be impossible for me to be THAT pulled together and divaliscious at all hours of the day.

glamazon386

Suerte said:
:lachen:

I know I can't be the only one in Wal Mart @ 1am with my hair wrapped up.

For the ladies who say they NEVER do... you don't even have your hair put away to go pick up dry cleaning, or run into the 7-11, or go to the ATM machine, or into Mail Boxes Etc?

It would be impossible for me to be THAT pulled together and divaliscious at all hours of the day.

Walmarts open at 1am in your city? Wow... No I always do my hair before going out. And if it's really that bad I'll put a wig on.

Cleve_gryl

:look: I have been known to run to the KFC drive-thru with my scarf on...or out to the grocery store or CVS with it on, but then I'll usually throw a baseball cap on top. I've never been out with my rollerset, just to the front porch to grab mail or take out the trash in the middle of the night.

I do have a dream that my hooded dryer breaks during a rollerset and I go to the bss in the middle to buy a new one :ohwell: I think I'd go there in that situation tho.

CAPlush

Yeah, I will actually wear my bonnet on coffee runs early in the morning. If it is raining, sometimes I will put on a shower cap and put a bonnet on top so I don't mess up my hairdo. I will also wear it to the BSS, but that's pretty much it.

I also wear my bonnet on the airplane. I hope it doesn't embarass anyone else on the plane, but I'm not about to let the head rest sap out all my moisture!

Last edited:

Lavendar

Bonnet or rollersets.....never.....no way! The only way I will wear a scarf is if I am in the middle of deep conditioning and I need to run out and pick up the kiddies...then I will tie up the plastic cap with a black scarf and throw my Coach hat on so you can't see it.....but that's the limit!:)