*>Diva Smooth<*-- >An Alternative to Relaxers?<

tnorenberg

you are so funny hhahahahaha is this your hair i'm looking at

My question is more geared first to stretching my relaxers, in hopes to transition. I do wash n go's everyday,but was considering using French Perm Stabilizer to tame the new growth. I hardly ever go straight unless it is a special occasion. This is a neutralizer product which has reported to smooth out the new growth a bit. Could your product work in a similar fashion?

vanessa9052

Yay! I'm glad to see you're using the quote button! :grin:
Now, let's get back to the topic. I don't flat iron my hair. The last time I had it done was in May 2008 for my graduation and a light press in September. I don't even blow dry my hair after washing it, which is why I was asking you if the use of heat was necessary.
The heat is what makes it bone straight...it will not be straight with out a comb blow dryer and a flat iron..and that is what gives it that crazy bounce. so yes heat is needed

Southernbella.

Diva, I read your story. I commend you not only for making something of your life, but for giving back the way you do. I wish you much success in your life!!!

vanessa9052

My question is more geared first to stretching my relaxers, in hopes to transition. I do wash n go's everyday,but was considering using French Perm Stabilizer to tame the new growth. I hardly ever go straight unless it is a special occasion. This is a neutralizer product which has reported to smooth out the new growth a bit. Could your product work in a similar fashion?
yes it can.. some of my clients who still do the relaxers alternate to give there hair a brake..and they love it. so instead of doing relaxers every 6-8 weeks they are now doing relaxers about twice a year

vanessa9052

Diva, I read your story. I commend you not only for making something of your life, but for giving back the way you do. I wish you much success in your life!!!
thank you so much...on Mondays in my salon i open up just for homeless, foster children and children in group homes and i do all there hair for free....because i was them not so long ago..

tnorenberg

yes it can.. some of my clients who still do the relaxers alternate to give there hair a brake..and they love it. so instead of doing relaxers every 6-8 weeks they are now doing relaxers about twice a year

That's what I've been looking for since 1994. And yes, I did the Copa, then the RIO(same daggone product), then the Bio Ionic(that was good but still a chemical), then the Baka Naturalaxer (crap did nothing). So from someone who has been truely searching for years, I Thank you :notworthy

vanessa9052

That's what I've been looking for since 1994. And yes, I did the Copa, then the RIO(same daggone product), then the Bio Ionic(that was good but still a chemical), then the Baka Naturalaxer (crap did nothing). So from someone who has been truely searching for years, I Thank you :notworthy
IF YOU EVER ORDER IT GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, SO WHEN YOU DO IT I CAN WALK YOU THROUGH IT. I DONT MIND..I KNOW YOUR GONNA LOVE IT...

pr3tty

I’ve been reading this thread since page 1 and while I’m not the one to comment (I usually mind my business) I felt I should over and over yet I kept it moving page after page.

I must say I am not trying to start a fight with anyone and from seeing all the beautiful heads on here I know I have no advice to offer that would be of any help to anyone or so I thought...

I look at it like this everyone is important to this board and brings something unique. If I use a product that made my hair fall out me saying something may help someone who was about to try that same product, so with that said I think everyone opinion matters.

I really understand wanting to know what’s in a product before you put it in your hair or on your body, especially the people who knows the meaning of these ingredients and worked so hard on their hair (Lord knows it’s a full time job on its own)

However it did bother me that a few people started to attack the person behind the product in ways that really wasn’t called for.

I don’t think education has anything to do with discovering a method that works or that you think works well. I do know that you have to market yourself a certain way but what if you cant afford to.

Its like a police saying anything you say will be used against you but you just wanna keep explaining yourself because you know you are innocent.
What if you had a cure for cancer but was afraid to share because you couldn’t spell the name of the medication and couldn’t afford to have someone write it or re read it before you put it out there? Does that mean you should sit on it instead of trying to share it the best way you know how?

I will use Still A Lady as an example, her hair is one of the most beautiful on the board and she also share with us that she uses her product and many have tried it and loves it and got great results. Would it had been different is she didn’t know the difference between too and two when writing?

I feel like we as black women should lift each other up before trying to push each other down.

I know this thread was started with great intensions and all everyone wanted to know was the ingredients but some of the remarks were harsh.
It even got to the point where you ladies are fighting with each other.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but we should also think of each others feelings before we hit submit reply.

Vanessa I think what you are doing is great. If it works or not just the fact that you were able to get your life together, give back and be a good example for your children is a blessing.
God answer prayers and he will never give you more than you can handle. I wish you all the best and I hope your product will be a success.

I’ve been reading this thread since page 1 and while I’m not the one to comment (I usually mind my business) I felt I should over and over yet I kept it moving page after page.

I must say I am not trying to start a fight with anyone and from seeing all the beautiful heads on here I know I have no advice to offer that would be of any help to anyone or so I thought...

I look at it like this everyone is important to this board and brings something unique. If I use a product that made my hair fall out me saying something may help someone who was about to try that same product, so with that said I think everyone opinion matters.

I really understand wanting to know what’s in a product before you put it in your hair or on your body, especially the people who knows the meaning of these ingredients and worked so hard on their hair (Lord knows it’s a full time job on its own)

However it did bother me that a few people started to attack the person behind the product in ways that really wasn’t called for.

I don’t think education has anything to do with discovering a method that works or that you think works well. I do know that you have to market yourself a certain way but what if you cant afford to.

Its like a police saying anything you say will be used against you but you just wanna keep explaining yourself because you know you are innocent.
What if you had a cure for cancer but was afraid to share because you couldn’t spell the name of the medication and couldn’t afford to have someone write it or re read it before you put it out there? Does that mean you should sit on it instead of trying to share it the best way you know how?

I will use Still A Lady as an example, her hair is one of the most beautiful on the board and she also share with us that she uses her product and many have tried it and loves it and got great results. Would it had been different is she didn’t know the difference between too and two when writing?

I feel like we as black women should lift each other up before trying to push each other down.

I know this thread was started with great intensions and all everyone wanted to know was the ingredients but some of the remarks were harsh.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but we should also think of each others feelings before we hit submit reply.

Vanessa I think what you are doing is great. If it works or not just the fact that you were able to get your life together, give back and be a good example for your children is a blessing.
God answer prayers and he will never give you more than you can handle. I wish you all the best and I hope your product will be a success.

Wow. Very very well said.

vanessa9052

Thank you so very much for you kind words. Thank You..DIVASMOOTH.

1babydimple

That is why a few years ago I stopped posting, some can be just nasty. I appreciate her coming in here and trying to answer question. If not knowing how to work the boards was a crime than I've been guilty of that for years. It didn't discredit her any more than a celebrity going on Oprah or a singer on a radio station to me. Black hair product, black hair care forum makes more sense than koochie cream or horse hoof product and I've used MTG (love it) and MT.

Wow :nono: If any are still interested I'll let you know what's up when I receive my package :nono: geez

PGirl

Diva

I saw your story and let me say Thank you! I am inspired by everything that I saw about you and how much you give back to others. I wish you all of the luck with your new product. Don't ever stop doing what you do girlfriend!
:flowers:

I can't wait to try your product. I need something to help me stretch. If only I could stretch 4 months instead of 10 to 12 weeks. I pray that this product helps me and I will be so grateful!

I'm sorry if anything on this thread was hurtful to you. Many of us have felt betrayed in the past by those who were just trying to sell a product who didn't understand how very much we care about our hair. Still I hope that we can learn that everyone is not trying to hurt us. We don't have to always assume the worst because if we do, we might just miss out on something to make our hair life better.

Good Luck to you.

ps. Thanks for posting the ingredients and so far I like what I see...

beebstt

ok i can definitely see that this conversation has progressed. i don't have the will to read all these post so far :nono: can somebody summarize? :look: does this product work?

Jazala

27+ pgs and no ingredient list....:wallbash:
I sent this email to them today and got the response below. Hopefully they are being truthful...

Hello Yvonne,

The website will be updated with the ingredient list of all the
products in the hair section of the website within the next 12 hours
or so.

Thank you for your interest!

Customer Service Team
Janelle Beauty
http://www.janellebeauty.com

Still waiting to see ingredients also... Not on the website as far as I cant tell either.

Jazala

the ingredients are listed in another post

I found the post but that's not an ingredient list for Diva Smooth. Its just a list of ingredients (alpha order) of the key ingredients for all the hair products. They don't list emulsifiers or preservatives used or any of that kind of stuff.