*>Diva Smooth<*-- >An Alternative to Relaxers?<

Jazala

apparently it turned out fine and people liked the product. i wish there was a text version to the pages b/c 48 pages...no thanks!

There is a text version. click on "Thread tools." It's right above the first post at the top of the page. Then click "Show printable version." Also you can change the settings for the default and printable versions to show 40 posts per page. This thread is only 11 pages long with that setting enabled.

ETA: ok 13 pages now :p

Last edited:

vanessa9052

I read this entire thread last night. :thud: I'm glad everything worked out. I may consider ordering this later.
just wanted to let everybody know that i got word to day that the Divasmooth is on it's way to LONDON......OMG IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING...AND TO EVERY ONE WHO HAS BEEN SENDING ME MESSAGES I WANT TO SAY THANKS...THANKS FOR BUYING THE DIVASMOOTH AND FOR ALL OF THE ENCOURAGING NOTES AND ALL THE PHONE CALLS....I GOT SO MANY LETTERS FROM YOU ALL AND I JUST REALLY WANTED TO SAY THANKS AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO REACH ME THROUGH ( JANELLEBEAUTY ) AND BY THE WAY MY NAME IS DIVA. JANELLEBEAUTY ROCKS :grin: :drunk: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :dance7::dance7::bouncegre:bouncegre

vanessa9052

just wanted to let everybody know that i got word to day that the Divasmooth is on it's way to LONDON......OMG IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING...AND TO EVERY ONE WHO HAS BEEN SENDING ME MESSAGES I WANT TO SAY THANKS...THANKS FOR BUYING THE DIVASMOOTH AND FOR ALL OF THE ENCOURAGING NOTES AND ALL THE PHONE CALLS....I GOT SO MANY LETTERS FROM YOU ALL AND I JUST REALLY WANTED TO SAY THANKS AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO REACH ME THROUGH ( JANELLEBEAUTY ) AND BY THE WAY MY NAME IS DIVA. JANELLEBEAUTY ROCKS :grin: :drunk: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :dance7::dance7::bouncegre:bouncegre
THE JANELLEBEAUTY WEB SITE WILL BE STARTING A BLOG ON THIS AS WELL, AND ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS ON THE SITE...SO YALL COME SEE ME OVER THERE AT JANELLEBEAUTY SOON.....WE CAN BLOG ALL NIGHT LOL. WWW.JANELLEBEAUTY.COM.....THE BLOG IS COMING

yodie

No answer from Vanessa, so if any naturals have success rollersetting with this product instead of blowdrying, please post.

Thanks

Irresistible

Yikes...

No one's forcing anyone to buy this product. And if you do buy it, the ingredients will be right there for you to pore over... just like any other product. So why so harsh? :perplexed

I'm sure if this is going to be sold on store shelves eventually or by other online vendors, the ingredients aren't going to be "secret" for long.

From what I can gather, it's just another "Miracle Results NOW!" smoothening/softening aid-- not much different from the salt, yogurt, honey, coconut concoctions people use already. Nothing to be compared to RIO at all.

This only got compared because she is stating the product is a relaxer alternative-those other nightmares would AUTOMATICALLY come into one's mind

we been there-done that:spinning:

Irresistible

Warning, unpopular sentiments to follow...

Wow. Folks are so desperate to get that straight silky hair, they are willing to slap on some non-descript product that claims to do the same thing a deep conditioner would do (allow for easier flat-ironing, body, shine, manageability). If this product does indeed straighten the kinkiest of hair to the point where in its wet state it will remain straight...IT IS NOT ALL NATURAL.

yeah and all the reaming of folks that asked questions and doubted the product, as though they had no right

amazing! :ohwell:

Irresistible

Actually, I'm still a newbie - even though I post a lot, so I don't know how to do that. I guess you would PM a mod?? IDK, but I don't care all that much, so.....

What I don't understand is whyyyyyyyy naturals are all up in and over every thread that mentions a relaxer! Naturals talk about relaxers & relaxers alternatives more than relaxed heads.

Bottom line is, people will continue to use chemicals, Okay??? This is not Nappturality.

ETA: Whether it's actually natural or not, people will use it if it works. If you don't want to try it, don't use it. I, too, agree that the ingredients should be listed, but it's not that serious!

I thought this product was geared toward naturals too and what their needs and concerns would be as well.........:perplexed

Irresistible

I am :lachen: at this thread!!! But seriously, this kinda reminds me of that product Lustrasilk that my mama used on my hair back in the day when I was natural. You sprayed it on your hair before you blowdried/pressed and it made your hair straighter than if you just blowdried and flat-ironed your natural hair without product. :yep:
I always meant to try some of that and even bought some, I think it says something about a patch test , and I never thought about it again:lachen:

tuffCOOKiE

Vanessa,

I have extremely coarse relaxed hair that I'm transitioning to natural. I usually don't believe in claims that anything can get my hair soft so can you answer some questions for me?

1. After the hair is dried and flatironed, is there a product in the Diva Smooth line that helps it stay moisturized until the next wash?

2. I know hair needs protein- would you categorize this more as a strengthener or a moisturizer? I have issues with brittle hair- once my hair is dried, my hair (usually my ends) break off for no reason! (they must not like my face, lol)

3. Besides the DivaSmooth products, do you use anything else (other products on their hair?)? For example, you put in the DivaSmooth on damp hair, blow dry and flat iron? Is there a deep conditioning step? Do I wash before the application of the DivaSmooth?

I was going to PM you, but I know there are plenty of coarse haired women on the board just like me who would benefit from the info

brittanynic16

I am still confused about how this product works? So it basically smooths your hair out a bit to make it easier to straighten? It sounds like a cheaper BKT minus the K.

vanessa9052

No answer from Vanessa, so if any naturals have success rollersetting with this product instead of blowdrying, please post.

Thanks
i have had some girls do the roller set when they bought it and they liked it...but i have never done it my self....thanks, Diva

AtlantaJJ

I would love to have something that would help me somewhat smooth out a roller set...sit under a fairly hot dryer to dry. That would beat the heck out of flat ironing for me!

vanessa9052

Vanessa,

I have extremely coarse relaxed hair that I'm transitioning to natural. I usually don't believe in claims that anything can get my hair soft so can you answer some questions for me?

1. After the hair is dried and flatironed, is there a product in the Diva Smooth line that helps it stay moisturized until the next wash?

2. I know hair needs protein- would you categorize this more as a strengthener or a moisturizer? I have issues with brittle hair- once my hair is dried, my hair (usually my ends) break off for no reason! (they must not like my face, lol)

3. Besides the DivaSmooth products, do you use anything else (other products on their hair?)? For example, you put in the DivaSmooth on damp hair, blow dry and flat iron? Is there a deep conditioning step? Do I wash before the application of the DivaSmooth?

I was going to PM you, but I know there are plenty of coarse haired women on the board just like me who would benefit from the info
some clients who buy it do put it on wet hair, but me myself i like it better on dry hair....you do not shampoo first..and i use the Virgin Coconut oil on the website every other day, and my clients use it as well... they love it so much...and you only need a little bit girl it is so good, and it will last you a very long time.......

vanessa9052

Vanessa do you use your product on your own hair? If so, are you relaxed or natural?
omg i love your hair in this picture girl i love it ....yes, well i do use my divasmooth...but im thinking of going into ( locks ) some of my children, as well as my husband has locks. but yes i use it...

vanessa9052

Vanessa do you use your product on your own hair? If so, are you relaxed or natural?
i am natural...but to tell the truth i dont really like it...i guess i was so into my relaxers.....i want locks so bad, but i do so much to my hair, girl one day my hair will be purple and the next week it may be long and black lol so i am always changing up....but i really want locks.....

tnorenberg

Girl you hit it right on the head with Divasmooth. We want to be free from damaging chemicals, we also want the smoothness of a relaxer to be an option, and most of all we want healthy hair. May 2009 be your year girl. :grin::drunk::grin:

HeavenlySkies

Not going through 51 pages to find out if the ingredients or if the one chick that bought it said it worked or whatever just too much this thread needs to be closed and a new one needs to be made with real answers.

tuffCOOKiE

I'd try it if I didn't have to pay for shipping .. why don't they sell stuff in stores?? That's usually the reason I don't buy online. But, I think I'm ready to try it.. I'll put it on my wishlist

Lucky's Mom

I am convinced this is much like Etae Caramel Treatment...without bananas. A great and simple DC.

Last edited:

Solitude

I ordered it days ago, but I'm still waiting! I got my hair blown out for the Inauguration, so, it will be a little while before I can review it.

tnorenberg

IF YOU EVER ORDER IT GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, SO WHEN YOU DO IT I CAN WALK YOU THROUGH IT. I DONT MIND..I KNOW YOUR GONNA LOVE IT...

Well, I ordered it the night I corresponded with you. I received it today. You are such a sweetie. I wasn't expecting the upgrade to the kit. Thank you so much. I will call you before I use it. Thanks again.:bighug: