*>Diva Smooth<*-- >An Alternative to Relaxers?<

vkb247

diva I am sure that you have a great product and I am eager to see the results.

You will find that the ladies here - natural and relaxed - have perfected the art of straightening their hair - sometimes without even using a flatiron or blowdryer. So it will be hard to convince them that your product is different from the things they have already tried.

You won't believe some of the stuff we do to our hair here. We are hair addicts!!!!

Sweet Charm

dollie that dog in your siggy is so hilarious and cute. is it yours?

vanessa/diva...Hi! Sorry you had a scary intro to the hair board world but it seems like you are getting the swing of it. Be careful this site is addictive!

LOL no its not mine but it does look like my dog, i saw that picture and i had to put it in my siggy

Sweet Charm

i have found it last longer on different hair types. some of my clients get it done every week, some come every two weeks, i see some every three weeks and some come once a month..it really depends on how fast your hair grows ya know..OK let's say you did your Divsamooth on a Monday and you shampoo your hair once a week right, well when you go back the following Monday to shampoo your hair your Divasmooth is still there all you need to do is use a drop of oil in the palms of you hands and run it through your hair and re-flatiron, you will be able to tell when it is time to do it again because your gonna see your new growth at your roots...

ok sorry if im a bit slow and if this has been answered before but does the divasmooth still straighten your hair even after you washed it? so you apply it the same you would a touch-up?

vkb247

a salon that opens at 7am? I have never heard of such. You are doing your thing Diva! I know your clients must love you!

vanessa9052

i could see where they were coming from... yes we love our hair. i change my hair all the time. so i know the stress i have put my hair through. and over the years i have gone through so many different relaxers trying to find that right one and i never did...my husband has locks. as well as my 5 year old, 3 year old 13 year old..i even tried them before but i change my hair so much so often. but i was so sick of doing relaxers. so that's when Divasmooth was born...80% of my clients use it and that's all they do now....

vanessa9052

no it will not...you will see the change in your hair once you comb blow dry it out, then use a drop of oil then flat iron it in then sections.....that's when you see the effects of the Divasmooth

vanessa9052

on fridays and sat. i open at 5am but i can sleep in because my client moved her time to 7am....so i am so happy hahahahaha

vkb247

I would love to see some pics of your clients. Before and afters would be great. Do they all wear their hair straight? I'm not into straight hair and I am deathly afraid of flat irons and blow dryers but I do use a relaxer to make my hair more manageable and to make my curls clump without a lot of work. Will diva smooth help me with that?

vanessa9052

in Detroit where im from we have 24 hour salons.....in about a year i hope to do that .....but only if i have the right staff ya know...

vanessa9052

well the owner of the company ( janelle beauty ) has curly hair she wares hers straight or curly. she told me it made her curls more define. i should have before and after pic on my face book page under ( Dominette Brown ) ) have a look...and tell me what you think....

vanessa9052

janellebeauty.com will also tell you more about my DIVASMOOTH...the news paper in my city did a big story about me on Oct.19 2008 you may even be able to go to the new paper's web sit and still see it in the life style sec..at www.newsadvance.com and they were talking about how it was all organic...and you know they needed to do there research so they would know the info they were putting out was true.....

vkb247

looking good! I am getting excited about the product! I am starting to thing about going natural because I can hardly tell the difference between my natural hair and the texturized stuff.

MrsMe

we are also friends on face book...enjoy the pic's and let me know what yall think OK
I saw the pics and I'm still skeptic...no offense. None of these ladies/girls started with nappy hair like mine, which is why I'm wondering if I would benefit fron it.
Do you have to blow dry and use a flat iron to get these results every week? This would cause another problem: heat damage.
By the way, I'm glad you gave us the opportunity to actually talk to you and ask you questions.
Also, when you answer somebody's questions, it would be easier to know who you're answering to by pressing the "Quote" button at the bottom of the person's reply... I was getting confused while reading the Q & A between you and the other ladies sometimes...

vanessa9052

the divasmooth is not just for natural hair it is for all hair types it can still be used on relaxed hair or hair that is coming out of relaxers or natural hair as well..... my youngest Divasmooth client is 4 years old and you can do color the same day because it is organic

vanessa9052

I saw the pics and I'm still skeptic...no offense. None of these ladies/girls started with nappy hair like mine, which is why I'm wondering if I would benefit fron it.
Do you have to blow dry and use a flat iron to get these results every week? This would cause another problem: heat damage.
By the way, I'm glad you gave us the opportunity to actually talk to you and ask you questions.
Also, when you answer somebody's questions, it would be easier to know who you're answering to by pressing the "Quote" button at the bottom of the person's reply... I was getting confused while reading the Q & A between you and the other ladies sometimes...
some girls flat iron more than others yes.. but not every body..it really depends on your hair...it is kinda hard for me to make that call because i have never seen your hair...how often are you using a flat iron right now

Keen

I'm not natural but I'm interested in this because my sister is. She also has 4b hair so I'm looking to see results from ladies of the same hair type.

vanessa9052

looking good! I am getting excited about the product! I am starting to thing about going natural because I can hardly tell the difference between my natural hair and the texturized stuff.
you are so funny hhahahahaha is this your hair i'm looking at

vanessa9052

I'm not natural but I'm interested in this because my sister is. She also has 4b hair so I'm looking to see results from ladies of the same hair type.
thanks yes that does work better lol...and some of my clients can go all the way up until i see them again the next week or so for there shampoo and i would flat iron,,, now keep in mind yes alot of heat is bad for your hair...we also need to look at the temp. of the heat so many of us feel we need fire hot heat and we dont, if we just shampoo right and remove all the dirt from out hair most of the time we can get away with med. heat

MrsMe

some girls flat iron more than others yes.. but not every body..it really depends on your hair...it is kinda hard for me to make that call because i have never seen your hair...how often are you using a flat iron right now
Yay! I'm glad to see you're using the quote button! :grin:
Now, let's get back to the topic. I don't flat iron my hair. The last time I had it done was in May 2008 for my graduation and a light press in September. I don't even blow dry my hair after washing it, which is why I was asking you if the use of heat was necessary.