Diva Smooth is BKT!!!

texasqt

Diva Smooth Before & After Pics

:blush::blush::blush:
I AM SO LYING!!!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

But since I got your attention, I came across this myspace page and thought I'd share. It's the page of a stylist in Virginia who uses Diva Smooth and she posted before and after pictures of her clients (something the JanelleBeauty site is in dire need of). There should be pictures running in the center of the page. If not, try refreshing the page.

I'm considering trying this out before I try the Brazilian Treatment. If anyone has tried both Diva Smooth and BKT, please let us know how they compare. I tried the Liquid Keratin Treatment sold at Ulta and if Diva Smooth can provide the same results then I think I'll go this route instead. Here's my LiquidKT review.

If anyone has tried DivaSmooth and has not posted a review, please do so. I know quite of few people ordered it back when it was a buzz but I only saw about 5 reviews or so.

This is being posted not to argue about whether or not the product can be made at home. I read that argument and I don't have a desire to make it when I can buy it. And some people have liken it to Rio, this is absolutely false (and I'm shocked that no one compared BKT to Rio being that there is some controversy about its formaldehyde content). Also, I understand that it will not straighten your hair unless you use heat which the same goes for BKT and the Liquid Keratin Treatment, so I don't think that characteristic makes it a bad product. Is it an alternative to relaxing or false advertising? The jury's still out on that one.

I'm sooooo off topic now so anyway. I'm just sharing the pics I found so check out the myspace page. I think there's a combination of relaxed and natural clients.

Last edited:

Brownsugababy

That myspace page belongs to the creater of Diva Smooth! Her shop is located right up the street from where I live, it's actually walking distance from me ! I peeped into her shop when it first opened last year ! She seem's nice, I just asked her a few questions about her prices ETC! She was doing someone's nails at the time which looked nice! I'm not sure how well she does hair because everyone I know around my neighborhood seems to do their own hair or goes to someone else! I do remember her mentioning her chemical free relaxer more than once! She definitely is a business woman! She had really short hair but I think that's just her preference!

By the way her shop is located in Lynchburg,va AKA Jerry Falwell's town!

Last edited:

texasqt

That myspace page belongs to the creater of Diva Smooth! Her shop is located right up the street from where I live, it's actually walking distance from me ! I peeped into her shop when it first opened last year ! She seem's nice, I just asked her a few questions about her prices ETC! She was doing someone's nails at the time which looked nice! I'm not sure how well she does hair because everyone I know around my neighborhood seems to do their own hair or goes to someone else! I do rememember her mentioning her chemical free relaxer more than once! She definitely is a business woman! She had really short hair but I think that's just her preference!

By the way her shop is located Lynchburg,va AKA Jerry Falwell's town!

Wow! Thanks for sharing!!!

lilsparkle825

That myspace page belongs to the creater of Diva Smooth! Her shop is located right up the street from where I live, it's actually walking distance from me ! I peeped into her shop when it first opened last year ! She seem's nice, I just asked her a few questions about her prices ETC! She was doing someone's nails at the time which looked nice! I'm not sure how well she does hair because everyone I know around my neighborhood seems to do their own hair or goes to someone else! I do rememember her mentioning her chemical free relaxer more than once! She definitely is a business woman! She had really short hair but I think that's just her preference! By the way her shop is located Lynchburg,va AKA Jerry Falwell's town!
Before I make that trip down 29, I'm gonna need some confirmation on that. Like...the use of the word "porosity" or something. :lachen:

Lucky's Mom

I don't think DS is anything like BTK...

DS is very simple - which is a good thing :yep: ( I have a bottle - I have not used it) and BTK - I don't know anything about it - except what I have read here on the forums.....

But - it is possible that since the procedure/instructions are somewhat the same( Blow dry, Flat iron, etc) They might provide similar results - if DS is used repeatedly over time.

Who knows. I guess someone would need to compare both products over time.

Lucky's Mom

Re: Diva Smooth Before & After Pics

:blush::blush::blush:
I AM SO LYING!!!
But since I got your attention, I came across this myspace page and thought I'd share. It's the page of a stylist in Virginia who uses Diva Smooth and she posted before and after pictures of her clients (something the JanelleBeauty site is in dire need of). There should be pictures running in the center of the page. If not, try refreshing the page.

I'm considering trying this out before I try the Brazilian Treatment. If anyone has tried both Diva Smooth and BKT, please let us know how they compare. I tried the Liquid Keratin Treatment sold at Ulta and if Diva Smooth can provide the same results then I think I'll go this route instead. Here's my LiquidKT review.

If anyone has tried DivaSmooth and has not posted a review, please do so. I know quite of few people ordered it back when it was a buzz but I only saw about 5 reviews or so.

This is being posted not to argue about whether or not the product can be made at home. I read that argument and I don't have a desire to make it when I can buy it. And some people have liken it to Rio, this is absolutely false (and I'm shocked that no one compared BKT to Rio being that there is some controversy about its formaldehyde content). Also, I understand that it will not straighten your hair unless you use heat which the same goes for BKT and the Liquid Keratin Treatment, so I don't think that characteristic makes it a bad product. Is it an alternative to relaxing or false advertising? The jury's still out on that one.

I'm sooooo off topic now so anyway. I'm just sharing the pics I found so check out the myspace page. I think there's a combination of relaxed and natural clients.

I have not seen many reviews either... so I am not sure what people really think of it.

I have the DS product - but probably won't use it anytime soon.

supermodelsonya

Those nails were...uh...something...

As far as the results of the hair...they just looked like women that got their hair done.
It would be interesting if someone did a comparison though.

Brownsugababy

Before I make that trip down 29, I'm gonna need some confirmation on that. Like...the use of the word "porosity" or something. :lachen:

I'm not going to front, I was a little puzzled when I saw that she was promoting her product on here since her hair is so short ( like 1 to 2 inches)! I try to be an open minded person , but would I go to a fat personal trainer to lose weight or Macy Gray for singing lessons ?:nono:

All in all she seem's like a nice business woman that's trying to provide for her family! I'll just leave it at that!:perplexed

Lucky's Mom

I'm not going to front, I was a little puzzled when I saw that she was promoting her product on here since her hair is so short ( like 1 to 2 inches)! I try to be an open minded person , but would I go to a fat personal trainer to lose weight or Macy Gray for singing lessons ?:nono:

All in all she seem's like a nice business woman that's trying to provide for her family! I'll just leave it at that!:perplexed

I try to be an open minded person , but would I go to a fat personal trainer to lose weight or Macy Gray for singing lessons :look::look::look: ITA....
I am already leary of Stylists - So - Anyone with hair unkempt would not do my hair.... Her short style may be a choice...

All in all she seem's like a nice business woman that's trying to provide for her family!

:look::look::look:

Last edited:

texasqt

Re: Diva Smooth Before & After Pics

See Miss Missy, you need your butt beat for that! :spank:

Gotcha' didn't I!!!

Have y'all seen the news vid and article on her?
Healing Hearts Through Hair
Me personally, it doesn't look like the same lady on the myspace but maybe so. I know Janelle of Janelle Beauty isn't Diva. She's Diva's distributor.

And the nails again...I wonder if she competes in nail art or something??? :drunk::blush::drunk: Her salon looks really nice.:grin:

texasqt

Now that I have sinced BKT'd it doesn't compare. Diva Smooth is good if you want a nice conditioner that will make your hair a bit more manageable but it definitely doesn't last as long as BKT nor has the straightening properties that it does. I made the statement early on that "Diva Smooth is BKT" because of its similarities in application and claims for smooth hair. So yes...
I was soooo lying!:lachen: