CurlyNikki Responds

Mz.MoMo5235

I wasn't a huge fan of curlynikki but she was one of the first sites I went to for natural hair advice after my big chop.

I vouched for her when she sold her company and she was feeling the heat from that. Angers me that this is how she wants to go out.

On the plus side though, this debate has really "cleaned house" for me. Watching Taren Guy and Sunkiss jump in and cape for this girl has made me hop off both their fences.

Some said it wasn't a curious thing for them to do because if white women did get welcomed into the movement that they (and other popular light skinned/loose curls gurus) will be the new mouth piece on natural hair.

Just pisses me off that Taren took the opposite side when the texture discrimination video was posted. She said that if kinky hair chicks want to see more dark skinned ladies with right curls, we need to create that. Like that wasn't the goal from the beginning *eyeroll*

Now here we are defending the little space we have and shame on us for not making more room for white women. Miss me with that

WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST?!?!? She just lost a long time subber who never watched her videos!!! Think I'm playing!

Mz.MoMo5235

rawsilk

You have awaken my inner militant! You have a way with words!

Lets all say "BYE FELICIA!" to Sarah who has disrupted our peace!!

I'm off to find a panthers chapter to join.

MzRhonda

rawsilk

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said and I too am a product of the 70's and remember vividly all that you described.....oh how I miss it. :(

I have seen many upper middle class thriving black neighborhood with black businesses taken over by "them"....we moved out, in the name of redevelopment :perplexed: so they can build things for themselves, us having to split up and move into various other neighborhoods and losing our tight knit community and businesses only to have to now buy goods and services from them. :nono:

felic1

Yes. I read that and was to through. I am not against women who want to learn about their hair and share tips and information, but when you start disrespecting us and diminishing OUR struggle as the ones who pioneered the movement, then pretend as though we had blip to do with its uprising... that's where I have a problem. This is not a WW movement. They can be included but don't try and Columbus it. At least take the time to understand what it was all about, the history, the prejudice, the pain, the racism.

curlytwirly06 I had to quote this. The WW want to claim that they were the discoverers of the natural hair movement? They want to be Columbus. This is a really great statement. I am not saying that their attempts to thwart and coup de tat (sp) the natural hair movementis a great idea. It is preposterous. I did not know that CN had sold the blog. It may have been sold prior to my joining LHCF in 2011:perplexed. CN(NW) appears to be very involved in the posts that appear on the blog.The posts are written in her name and with her pictures and she does not have anything to do with operations? Is this true? Is nothing sacred? Black women going natural is a cash cow for the Becky group? This is a sell out. Sarah wishes to divide and conquer.

Last edited:

rawsilk

LOL Yeah Girl, Power to the People and all that. A collective "Bye Felicia" re the whole negative vibe is in order. (Sidenote: do women named Felicia still tell people their real name? I feel kinda bad for them. LOL)
rawsilk

You have awaken my inner militant! You have a way with words!

Lets all say "BYE FELICIA!" to Sarah who has disrupted our peace!!

I'm off to find a panthers chapter to join.

Last edited:

rawsilk

OMG, not the Goody Brush LOL -- takes me back. (Anybody remember Dipity-Doo and HairSoNew?)

rawsilk - Girrrllll you betta shut yo mouth with all that sense outta this NONsense!

You took me back to the 70s too! My momma made hair miracles using grease, a bowl of water and a goody brush. It was OK to be black and proud of it. White folk left us alone with our stuff and we were fine.

rawsilk

Please don't even get me started on the money other folk are making off of us and our hair -- my keyboard might melt.
rawsilk

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said and I too am a product of the 70's and remember vividly all that you described.....oh how I miss it. :(

I have seen many upper middle class thriving black neighborhood with black businesses taken over by "them"....we moved out, in the name of redevelopment :perplexed: so they can build things for themselves, us having to split up and move into various other neighborhoods and losing our tight knit community and businesses only to have to now buy goods and services from them. :nono:

Last edited:

rawsilk

LOL re vid-loop and thanks for that link!! I remember seeing her promote that book about 10 years ago and noting how much it resonated and filled in the blanks left by the "nothing is wrong with Black kids who sound white" discussion.

That lunch room thing was real for me too! They even wrote a book about it.

Last edited:

rawsilk

Thank you -- it's so nice to feel comfortable sharing and then be appreciated for doing so.
rawsilk

Your response should be featured & widely publicized all over social media .... what a great writer! I felt like I was right there during 5th period with you at the lunch table LOL ... you articulated what needs to be said so well .... and it was not offensive, just real and from the heart!

A lot of you ladies have explained it so well :yep:

lalla

Which Paris is this one? Because it ain't the one in France. Just had a chat with a black guy that just moved from Paris and a white friend of mine that have lived in Paris for a long time. If black people want any chance of a career in finance, they need to move to London because they have barely a chance. They were recounting the deep institutional racism that works to keep black and brown people as second class citizens and how they use not collecting stats on race to cover up the extent of the racism.

How anyone can claim there are no issues with racism in France with all the recent race related issues going on over there is mind-boggling. Do you guys know this is not 1889. You can't lie to me.

I, and other black friends of mine have worked in finance (m&a, transaction services, asset management, pe etc...) . We didn't have to go to London to do that. And we are not alone, Lionel zinsou is head of pai partners, one of the largest pe fund in Europe. To be honest, a large share of finance graduates from top business schools are Moroccan. And they find jobs quite easily.
The advantage of London (and Switzerland ) is that the financial industry is much larger there. London has much more financial activity than Paris dies.

Not collecting racial stats is something that existed long before there was a sizeable black presence in Metropolitan France. It was actually decided after WW2, because those types of data were used to identify and deport Jews.

I am not saying that racism does not exist. But painting France as a hell for black people is quite incorrect IME.

felic1

I went to the grocery store to get some cat food. On the way in I saw a lady (yt) with pretty red curly hair. I said " your hair looks pretty!" She responded, "Thank you! It's natural by the way". I guess that means no artificial color or permanent.:ohwell:

westNDNbeauty

I share this in the other thread, I figured I'd share it here too:

The debate of White women joining the #naturalhair movement continues. Now there are accusations of APARTHEID?! Ironic how this is all occurring during the celebration of America's independence, a holiday which we are ALL celebrating, though most of us were slaves at that time. I say that to say, we CAN share in some experiences together. But there is historical relevance of why the acceptance of our #naturalhair hair is a big deal for Black women. Equating the White woman's struggle of having curly hair is not the equivalent of the journey our little girls experience growing up with kinky hair. Quite frankly, I've always understood #teamnatural to be the opposite of #teamrelaxed, which many naturals were previous to #teamnatural. What "team" were White women on before #teamnatural? No shade. Help me understand.

Honestly, we all need to agree to disagree. We are out here tripping when there are are other battles to be fought

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Apparently, CN is deleting posts and blocking posters that do not agree with her gentrifying stance on the Natural Hair movement.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Apparently, CN is deleting posts and blocking posters that do not agree with her gentrifying stance on the Natural Hair movement.

Wow. :nono:

That doesn't change her readership's opinions though and it doesn't help to deflect attention from how the situation was poorly handled.

curlytwirly06

Apparently, CN is deleting posts and blocking posters that do not agree with her gentrifying stance on the Natural Hair movement.[/QUOTE

Yeah she is. My post never Made it through and I was quite polite about expressing my views. She wants to make it look like her opinion is valid and everyone else agrees with her whole heartedly.

LdyKamz

Ya'll need to stop going over there giving her clicks. I hope she wakes up tomorrow to zero followers and a site full of white women.

Ogoma

I, and other black friends of mine have worked in finance (m&a, transaction services, asset management, pe etc...) . We didn't have to go to London to do that. And we are not alone, Lionel zinsou is head of pai partners, one of the largest pe fund in Europe. To be honest, a large share of finance graduates from top business schools are Moroccan. And they find jobs quite easily.
The advantage of London (and Switzerland ) is that the financial industry is much larger there. London has much more financial activity than Paris dies.

Not collecting racial stats is something that existed long before there was a sizeable black presence in Metropolitan France. It was actually decided after WW2, because those types of data were used to identify and deport Jews.

I am not saying that racism does not exist. But painting France as a hell for black people is quite incorrect IME.

I did my study abroad at HEC for 6 months and I was friends with some Moroccans in my class and they would absolutely disagree with you that it was easy to find finance jobs. I don't know if we are discussing different types of finance jobs, but I am referencing MBA level jobs.

IME, the racism in France is worse than that in England, US, and Canada.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Ya'll need to stop going over there giving her clicks. I hope she wakes up tomorrow to zero followers and a site full of white women.

KammyGirl

I didn't give her any clicks. She's done gettin' my clicks, :lachen:!

Several posters were commenting on her deleting unfavorable posts in the article on BGLH that compared the desire to keep the Natural Movement a Black movement to apartheid in SA.

APARTHIED.

*Re-reads history of apartheid, reads the article on BGLH.*

Yep.

It's EXACTLY the same.

Subscribe

After what rawsilk said. This thread can officially be silenced. She said it all. And then some.

Pass the plate please....the ushers will be coming around for your donations.

The Church is ready for the benediction!

AMEN AMEN AMEN.

Let the church say Amen.

curlytwirly06

From a poster on Naturally Curly :

The article that was linked didn't say that type three hair wasn't accepted in the natural movement--though I'm sure someone has felt that way. And even if the article had said that, it would be nonsense.

So is the idea that the natural hair movement isn't for white women--give me a break. One of the lead forums that has spear-headed "the natural hair movement" and been a resource for folks including future bloggers/vloggers and Youtubers etc. is this site which was created by white women long before many black women could stand to look at the hair growing from their head. I hate it when people don't know history/facts.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/3/173349-not-us.html