CurlyNikki Responds

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
He's the best!

!

JulietWhiskey

You are giving me so much LIFE with those Prince gif's!!

I am over here like
!

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

So first I read the article and some posts and thought "Bye Felicia!"

Then I saw the Prince gifs and decided I can now speak.

I feel that we can still have "our community" while not alienating other curly heads. I know we've been through some thangs!!! But we cant turn this into curlism!!! I remember when I first became natural on BHM and my initial acceptance was non-existing because I'm not a 4 something. I was hurt!!! I had been relaxing my hair for ever and a day. Made to feel ashamed of my hair but not strangers but my own blood!!! But because I wasnt a 4lmnop I didnt count!

Luckily for me that lasted a week because everyone loves me and you just cant help but to love me cause I'm a Libra.

Any ways. After I did my big chop and had my hair grown out for about a year I shared my pic on fb with some other hair group (I dont remember who) but before they publicly shared my picture I was asked if I was black!!! I was like
"Yeah, why?!"
"oh cause you dont look black and your last name looks kind of spanish"
"Yeah... cause black people were taken to more than just Amaricas slave plantations. Must I pull out my black card on you?"

Then my pic was posted. Why? Why are we fighting each other?!?!

And you know what!!! CN posted a feature of a south Indian girl with curly hair and I was so proud!!!! For an Indian to accept her curls?!?!? I mean its unheard of! AND SHE STILL LIVES IN INDIA!!! I was in awe!!! I know I got HE!! for wearing my hair curly when I lived in India! I also got heck cause I didnt use skin lighteners.

I'm just staying, any where that straight blonde hair has been boasted as what IS beautiful there have been women who have been made to feel lesser than because of it.

As women we need to stick together. As black women we need to stick together. We have enough enemies so be going at each others throat man!!!

Lets just post Prince gifs and bask in his glory and ignore this phuckery that is meant to divide us!!!

curlytwirly06

Disclaimer* this is not my post, I saw it on another forum and thought it was interesting* Also starred out swear word at the bottom , could not find a way to edit it out completely.

The other thing, Chescaleigh called out Sarah tonight because of a post Sarah tweeted back in 2012 claiming that it was "reverse racism" for BW to not let WW touch our hair. (This is the CNN feature btw) Once she got called out by several people, she tried to delete the tweet. When Chescaleigh asked her about it, she tried to pretend like she didn't know what Chescaleigh was talking about, but Chescaleigh had screencaps. Once she was caught in that lie, she tried to pretend like it was because she had forgotten about it.
The description of who the site was for kept changing for Sarah. Originally it was never intended for BW, now she finally admits that it was because the **** is in black and white on the site. I'm also glad Chescaleigh informed Sarah that we see through CN's nonresponse. :disdain:

Last edited:

Enyo

So first I read the article and some posts and thought "Bye Felicia!" Then I saw the Prince gifs and decided I can now speak.

Lets just post Prince gifs and bask in his glory and ignore this phuckery that is meant to divide us!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

marta9227

The post on Curly Nikki upset me and I thought about unsubscribing. Her response confirmed that action. How is Sarah natural anyways? I mean as opposed to what? And no, we can't share this with white women because they don't get it and never will! I went to a predominantly white school for middle school and most of high school. They teased me about my hair being nappy and greasy, and none of the white girls with curly hair felt any solidarity with me and my kinky, natural hair. CN is trying to get more readers and so is that Sarah girl and I wish they would both just be real about it, because then at least I would respect the hustle.

Mz.MoMo5235

The post on Curly Nikki upset me and I thought about unsubscribing. Her response confirmed that action. How is Sarah natural anyways? I mean as opposed to what? And no, we can't share this with white women because they don't get it and never will! I went to a predominantly white school for middle school and most of high school. They teased me about my hair being nappy and greasy, and none of the white girls with curly hair felt any solidarity with me and my kinky, natural hair. CN is trying to get more readers and so is that Sarah girl and I wish they would both just be real about it, because then at least I would respect the hustle.

marta9227 This story reminds me of the movie The Craft where the blonde chick is forever teasing the black girl!!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

Disclaimer* this is not my post, I saw it on another forum and thought it was interesting* Also starred out swear word at the bottom , could not find a way to edit it out completely.

I did not see this when I went on my kumbaya rant.

I'm back to saying "Bye Felicia"

girlcherokee

Knowing black history and knowing how the world has been taught to think of us and our hair and how we have been taught to think of ourselves and our hair I read all three articles and a handful of the reader responses - I cannot help but to wonder if Nikki Walton is making an age old classic mistake here - not a new one (study history) but if you factor in the natural hair discrimination that joulzey and others have already pointed out - this might really be going in a direction we may all end up regretting - just a thought - I'm not prejudice at all - people are people - but this hair thing is deep and the natural hair movement has demonstrated that there is money and popularity in it - we should proceed with caution with this one..... That's my two cents because as much money as we've BEEN spending on our hair - we are JUST getting products that are dedicated to OUR kinkier textures.
PS I saw the article before all of this and just clicked away from the page and never thought twice about it because I did not feel her hair story applied to mine - wasn't insulted per say but did wonder why she was there.

Last edited:

curlytwirly06

I was on naturally curly and this WW said that curlynikki was never for black woman, just dominated by them. She said black women are narrow minded to think WW could not understand the struggle. She said she understood because she had in fact seen Roots.

Thats when I left. Also Sarah keeps popping in and out of the forums directing people to her site if they are interested in the 411. She is cashing in on this.

Last edited:

girlcherokee

Can anyone tell me where I can find "natural hair" sites that are truly dedicated to the kinky/curly hair and that are owned by people who are black? "For us about us"
I put quotes on "natural hair" now because suddenly I guess the term no longer belongs to us?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I was on naturally curly and this WW said that curlynikki was never for black woman, just dominated by them. She said black women are narrow minded to think WW could not understand the struggle. She said she understood because she had in fact seen Roots.

Thats when I left. Also Sarah keeps popping in and out of the forums directing people to her site if they are interested in the 411. She is cashing in on this.

She had seen Roots? I can't believe you. This can't be real life. :lachen:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

MilkChocolateOne

curlytwirly06

She had seen Roots? I can't believe you. This can't be real life. :lachen:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

:lachen: :lachen:

#exitsthread!

Yes. I read that and was to through. I am not against women who want to learn about their hair and share tips and information, but when you start disrespecting us and diminishing OUR struggle as the ones who pioneered the movement, then pretend as though we had blip to do with its uprising... that's where I have a problem. This is not a WW movement. They can be included but don't try and Columbus it. At least take the time to understand what it was all about, the history, the prejudice, the pain, the racism.

cocosweet

Well I guess we should just give her a PhD in Negritude right now then. "Roots--the alpha and omega of all things black." Who knew?

:lachen:

girlcherokee

Reminds me of my college days when I had a Caucasian female professor who tried to argue with a straight face that the plight of the Caucasian female was as bad as that of the African American - smh - at this whole thing - I think we better wake up or the natural hair movement is going to go the way of the black radio stations we no longer have(WBLS anyone?) and the way of the black entertainment TV (BET) we no longer own. Hmmmm. Anybody see a trend here? I could go on if you need more. Anyone wonder why we were hating our hair in the first place? Does anyone honestly think that if we went back 1000 years to Africa our ancestors were sitting there complaining about how kinky their hair was? So um - where do you think these complains really came from? Think about it..... I'm looking for specific youtubers and sites to support.

SimJam

You know what I find reprehensible, the fact that ppl are OK with trivializing slavery in general and black ppls fight for freedom (lets just leave it at physical freedom for now)

this blasted WW is gonna say she watched Roots so now shes "one of us" ???

The holocaust and everything around it is apparent hallowed ground .... really if someone said oh "I watched Schidlers list, now Im one with dem jews" I can just imagine the outrage.

I know this is off on a tangent but this whole debacle is just pissin me the **** off!!!!