City of Naturals

SouthernTease

What American city have you been to where you've seen the most naturals???

I'll add the most popular in the original post.

Los Angeles +
Philly ++
Brooklyn, Harlem
DMV: DC, MD, VA area ++
Atlanta
Chicago
Houston

Last edited:

LiberianGirl

DC Metro. I was not natural when I lived there but I remember seeing a lot of sistas rocking natural hair. I hardly see any in NC.:nono:

msa

The DC area.

I'm in Los Angeles and I never see naturals...where are yall seeing all these folks?

ayanharr

Philly! Birthed my transition to being natural. I'm going back tomorrow for a blow and Flat iron. I Live in NY and have YET to go to a stylist that can hook me up like my stylist in Philly.

Akemi

Philly! Birthed my transition to being natural. I'm going back tomorrow for a blow and Flat iron. I Live in NY and have YET to go to a stylist that can hook me up like my stylist in Philly.

I know this is OT, but who is your stylist??? :look: I'm looking for one.

~CurlyNikki~

Durham, NC on Duke's campus. My DH is a PhD fellow there, and we can't take a step without seeing a gorgeous head of natural kinks and curls! I'd say 1 in 3 black women on Duke's campus have natural hair. It's truly inspiring to see!

NewYorkgyrl

I would say:

For naturals that wear their hair straight.....DMV and Philly (equally)

Naturals who do lots of funky/model-type styles and especially locs.....Harlem and Brooklyn (For locs I would say Brooklyn dominates all cities. There are lots of men AND women with them. But that may be because it is the city with a very very high West Indian population)

Naturals with fros.........Philly

(This is just from MY experience and what I see)

Last edited:

SouthernTease

The DC area.

I'm in Los Angeles and I never see naturals...where are yall seeing all these folks?

A lot of women in LA wear Press 'N Curls and lace fronts, weaves, but I find that they are natural for the most part under all o' that. So no you can't tell that if you're just passing buy them in the street. I notice it a lot with models, actresses, and just friends that live there.

Last edited: