Spinoff: Best pics of Relaxed Hair: a thread of encouragement!!

ShaniKeys

This is one of my favorites.

naijamerican

*cough* I don't wanna act uppity or nothing but...:sekret: you know we natchals are all for unity, love and peace:sekret:

:lol:

No but seriously, I felt like it was long overdue, and I have these pics in my computer because I find them beautiful and inspiring, esp. when I want to straighten my hair and achieve that relaxed look. Hope I won't get thrown out of the natural club over this :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Um, yeah, that's right... we're some peace-loving folk with our nappy selves!!! All the time! :lol:

As for kicking you out... girl bye. Ain't nobody kicking you out on my side of the computer screen. I've been contemplating texturizing my hair for so long that I should have been kicked out a long time ago for the thought alone. :ohwell:

Natural-K

Beautiful pictures ladies. I'm natural but here are a few shots of my sister's relaxed hair.

Sept 3 08

Jan 15 09

msa

How do we know if a celebrity's/model's hair is relaxed? Straight does not automatically equal relaxed, it just means straight. Especially if it's a weave/wig.

Anyway, yall's hair is cute.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I dig my own relaxed hair.

and yep, this is relaxed too

wash and go puff

twist out

Last edited:

Nayeli

Yup OP - her! I don't know who she is either - I've just seen her in magazines for a specific brand of hair product - can't remember which.

Shoot, her hair makes me wanna take a biotin or two.

Last edited:

Sugarhoney

Jada is a natural. And the girl in the second pic is natural, she wears her natural hair in the tv show she stars on, Lincoln Heights. I also read in a hair mag that the last girl is natural (Used to be on the show One on One).

Beyonce is natural as well. She says she wears the lacefront because too many ppl were hatin on her "naturally curly hair". She went natural back in '02. (Sorry, used to be a B fan. LOL)

ShaniKeys

Jada is a natural. And the girl in the second pic is natural, she wears her natural hair in the tv show she stars on, Lincoln Heights. I also read in a hair mag that the last girl is natural (Used to be on the show One on One).

I guess it's best if people only post pics of themselves then, cause all these girls look very relaxed to me, I watch Lincoln Heights and nothing about that girl's hair says natural, I used to watch One on One too and I think her hair is relaxed, but like msa said with celebs it's hard to tell whether they're relaxed or not, cause even the ones that you think and swear are relaxed usually deny it when they're interviewed in hair magazines.

Lynnerie

I loved my relaxed hair and didn't go natural because it was damaged. So here ya go! 1st pic- rollerset and wrapped, 2nd pic braidout, 3rd rollerset and fluffed (My Monica from the show Girlfriends inspired style) 4th pic rollerset flatiron, 5th pic- flexirod set.

Attachments

• CIMG1418.jpg
    CIMG1418.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 20
  • l_48b710b3518d1e29e8025513825a8233.jpg
    l_48b710b3518d1e29e8025513825a8233.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23
  • n500057567_698751_920.jpg
    n500057567_698751_920.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 28
  • n500057567_1154737_8688.jpg
    n500057567_1154737_8688.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 27
  • rollerset2-vi.jpg
    rollerset2-vi.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 32

Carrie A

I loved my relaxed hair and didn't go natural because it was damaged. So here ya go! 1st pic- rollerset and wrapped, 2nd pic braidout, 3rd rollerset and fluffed (My Monica from the show Girlfriends inspired style) 4th pic rollerset flatiron, 5th pic- flexirod set.

I really like this style. See I'm natchel and I don't hate.

I only made it 24 hours ShaniKeys.

blackbarbie

I really enjoyed my hair when I was still getting relaxers but I just happen to enjoy it soooo much more as I transition to natural. Here are a few of my relaxed pics:

(this one is 11 months into my transition)

BB

kiarai

I really enjoyed my hair when I was still getting relaxers but I just happen to enjoy it soooo much more as I transition to natural. Here are a few of my relaxed pics:

BB

OMG this style is so Sexy!!!! I'm literally drooling lol:spinning:

One day this will be me lol. I love all the different styles you can do when you have longer hair

Cant do much with ear/neck length :nono:

blue_flower

This one right?

I think she has gorgeous hair, and she's beautiful too. I have no idea who she is though. I personally think it's her real hair, but I'm no expert in that area to be honest.

Off topic but this model's face looks completely off to me. It's like photoshop was used to make her eyes extra big and they look out of place.

ShaniKeys

Off topic but this model's face looks completely off to me. It's like photoshop was used to make her eyes extra big and they look out of place.

IDK. I know Indian women who look like that IRL, every time I see her she reminds me of Bollywood actresses.

La Colocha

You ladies have beautiful hair. Im thinking about relaxing again in 2011, im a natchel, i know this time with help that i can have healthy hair and you ladies are an example thanks op for the thread.

hillytmj

I am also relaxed. I normally get one every 8-9 weeks.

Attachments

• 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Hair Pic - Brenham.jpg
    Hair Pic - Brenham.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 27

ShaniKeys

Mozambican girl in Maputo, Mozambique with beautiful relaxed hair

I asked Macherieamour if I could use one of her pics and she said yes, so here it is:

Lynnerie

I asked Macherieamour if I could use one of her pics and she said yes, so here it is:

Macherie's hair is the bomb. She was always one of my inspirations when I was relaxed. But I's nachal now and even with all the gorgeous pics I'm not tempted. :grin:

Relaxed hair can be healthy, its all a matter of preference. Whats important is that whatever you choose you keep it healthy and learn whats best for your hair. Here's some more from my relaxed days.

1st 2 pics are just rollerset wraps and the last is just lightly blowdried only.

Attachments

• CIMG1382-vi.jpg
    CIMG1382-vi.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 6
  • rollerset-.jpg
    rollerset-.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
  • n500057567_216424_1642.jpg
    n500057567_216424_1642.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 8