Miss Jessie's is coming to Target

Americka

I saw these products at Target on an end cap with Jane Carter. I can roll with the J.C. prices, but that M.J. :nono: is too high. Although my side of town is considered the "black" side, the majority of this store' shoppers are white. I can't really see the products selling.

ZkittyKurls

have you guys noticed that target is starting to sell more products geared towards naturals and curly hair? ie curls and shea moisture products?

Blue_Berry

Wow! I love that Curls products are $8-$10. Now I can afforded their products. I wish some other companies would do the same thing to hack the price off or make a valuable brand . I don't think this stuff is going to be as good as the original brand. But I know one things is I am going to buy it. :)

gimbap

BUMP!

Today's the day! I just got back from my local Target, and I didn't see any Miss Jessie's!! I may go check out the other one later. Maybe this is God trying to tell me to just stick with my $3 eco-styler gel...

ZkittyKurls

its online at target.com. but the funny thing is that her brand isnt listed as new arrival or even under brand name. you have to type it and then click on the related suggestions. and they only carry the large containers as well as not all of her products are online. :ohwell:

chebaby

i was tempted to run to target today, but not only do i have more than enough mj products but i just didnt feel like going.

on another note i hope the curls 8 line comes to a target near me.

MissBCurly

went to my target today Shea moisture and Curls were sold out! some of the miss jessies was too! so i went to another one and they were still pretty stocked except for most of the shea moisture was gone.

lilsparkle825

I went and looked all over the store....didn't see a thing, not even a display. I asked the girl at guest services and it was so funny....apparently, she is transitioning with kinky twists and had NO IDEA they were even getting it. She asked me a few questions about what I do to my hair (I was rocking a WNG today), and joked that she was gonna have to get my number to ask me some questions once she takes her twists out. We looked it up online to get the SKU, then she asked in the stockroom. The guy in the back said they have 4 curly puddings, and she asked him to bring up two -- one for me and one for her! :lachen:

For some reason, he said he couldn't, and added they are not allowed to put the products out until they make room for them, and the ad set hasn't arrived to let them know where to put them out or something like that. I was HOT...and so was she!!! I told her I'd keep checking back...and slipped her my fotki and blog address in case she needs more tips.

SIDE NOTE....they were totally cleaned out of Suave Almond and Shea Butter as well as Humectant, but ONLY THE CONDITIONER!! The shampoos were fully stocked! :lachen: Which one of y'all went in there and racked up??

LadyRaider

My Target, deep in Bubbaland, has Giovanni and Yes To Carrots. I figured the JC and MJ would be with those products and didn't see them. I didn't think to look in the ethnic section. We probably won't be getting them here though.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
The Target by my house didn't have any on the shelves and half the sales people didn't even know what I was talking about. But that Target is known to be behind on stuff. They rarely have the stuff when the LE clothing collections come.

thaidreams

I'm planning to go to my local Target tomorrow to pickup Miss Jessie's. I really want to support them so that they don't discontinue the line. The more people they see buying the product the larger discount Target will be able to offer their buyers.

Side note, has anyone tried the Curls 8 line? It is suppose to be a cheaper line to the professional one offered on the Curls site, but from what I can tell that is only buy a couple dollars. I want to know if anyone can see a real difference in the two lines.

chebaby

i havent tried curls 8 but i really like the regular curls. i love the milk shake and i think thats what the creme brulee is supposed to be so if i get it i will snatch it up. im not really going to get mj because i have enough but i want to make sure they have it for future reference. and i get my jane carte from whole foods.

MsBoinglicious

They have it listed online at Target! Looks like their prices are the same.

I always wanted to try it, but I hate ordering stuff from online. I just want to try the baby butter cream! MY GAWD its still over 60 dollars with taxes included. Wow Just wow!

Harina

Yeppers, I saw some the other day. Didn't really bother to check it out because last time I checked the price was still l in the double digits.

mscocoface

^^^If that is the case that has got to be the most expensive hair product in Target.

This won't be a success if they don't bring that price down and I don't mean by a few dollars either.

chebaby

i went to 2 targets today and didnt see any miss jessies, jane carter, shea moisture(besides lotion), or curls 8. i really want some curls 8. im gonna go to another target day after tomorrow.

gimbap

Taken from facebook:

TARGET UPDATE: WE WERE ADVISED "TODAY" THAT THERE CAN BE A 7-10 DAY WINDOW FROM THE ORIGINAL 3/28/10 SET DATE. IT SHOULD BE ON THE SHELVES NO LATER THAN APRIL 10, 2010 FOR THE STORES THAT DO NOT HAVE MJ YET. PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS AS MJ APPEARS ON YOUR LOCAL TARGET SHELVES. POSITIVE THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND FINGERS CROSSED, MIKO AND TITI

thaidreams

I placed an order at Target.com since my local store didn't have any MJ or Curls in yet. My total came to around $65, but I don't mind paying that since my products usually last me 4-6 months.

Taleah2009

i went to 2 targets today and didnt see any miss jessies, jane carter, shea moisture(besides lotion), or curls 8. i really want some curls 8. im gonna go to another target day after tomorrow.

are you talking about the shea moisture that comes in the white bottle with the red or pinking writing on it? if so, i have never seen that in target, but they do it carry in my local bss. i love that stuff. i just replaced my bottle on saturday. keeps me from becoming a mixologist:drunk:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
WOW this is great news. And I see they carry it in he Target right in Inglewood. ;) I've always wanted to try their products.

When I got my BC done at Oh My Nappy Hair there was another client there that I was talking to from NY with long, thick curly natural hair. She said that after using their products she will not use anything else.